Mickey Mouse Toes

I always have to have "vacation toes" but have never done nail art, will have to try!

Read this thread yesterday and spoke with my "nail technician" otherwise known as my friend steph:rotfl: .

She is going to use jewels to make a mickey head!! Can't wait. May also have to do this on the girls!!

Thanks for the idea

What great toes! It looks like it would be easy for someone to recreate! Thanks for sharing!

My DMIL and 3 DSIL's got a pedicure before our trip in September. Each of us got a different color and design but we all got a Mickey head. Mine is the black Teva on the bottom. I had a Mickey head with 2 shooting stars. They did an awesome job and we can't wait to go back for our next trip.

ImportedPhotos00035.jpg

Wow! They look great! I have Mickey put on my toes every time I go to Disney. I usually get him on my toes only, but one year I had fingers and toes both done. I always get lots of comments from both guests and CMs. My nail tech (and good friend) uses a couple of round bits for her filing "drill" to make Mickey's head and ears. Just dips the bit in black nail polish and put it on the nail. It always comes out so great. Wish I had thought to get pictures so I could post them, but I didn't think of it at the time. I will remember this time!

My DDs and I had this done before our last trip -- theirs were painted on (3 dots of nail polish) and mine were clear jewels (larger one for the head, two smaller ones for the ears). We're planning to do it again this time. It was fun to do together, and our toes looked so cute!

I had planned on getting my nails and toes done, but had not even thougth about the mickey ideas. Thanks for posting the pics they look cute. Have any of you that had pedicures done before you trips had any problems with getting blisters, also what style shoes to you wear for most of your trip?
I have a pair of teva mesh and monokins and plan on taking both.

Very cute, my nails chip too fast so I would prob. have to get the design done on my pink and white tips instead so it would last longer.

I do my own toes, but this looks easy enough. I was really bummed when I did my toes for my 2006 trip. I painted them a gorgeous shade of red. One trip in the hot tub and the edges all chipped. Make sure to put lots of coats of clear coat on!!

anyone else had there pedi melt in the FL heat. When I got mine done for our July 2006 trip, mine melted at the MK. I will try again, as this year we are going in October. Love the mickey heads!

Hi

I'll admit it - I am not the most creative person out there. I can't even put an outfit together unless it comes together or the mannequin in the store has the pieces together. If they had Geranimals for adults I'd be the first in line to buy them.

However, I love the idea of the Disney Toes. I don't get pedicures but will ask my husband to paint my toe nails for me. He has gotten much better at it over the years.

We will be on a cruise and then going to Disney World. It's not a Disney cruise so I don't plan on having the Disney Toes until I get to Disney World. I stopped at Michaels (a crafts store) and asked if they had any type of Disney hole punchers. The woman sent me to the scrapbooking area. Not being the creative type, this was my first time in this area as well as in the store. I found this thing called a Disney Border Punch on sale for $4.99 (originally $14.99) that would punch a mickey head, a star, an M, another star, and a Mickey hand along the border of a page.

Here's my idea. I'll punch some strips of paper with the different designs. Then cut out the Mickey head (or maybe try some of the others too). After my toes are painted whatever color and dry, I can put the little piece of paper with the Mickey head punched out over my toe nail. Then have my husband go over it with a different color nail polish. Remove the paper and there is a perfectly shaped Mickey head (or other design) on my toe.

I was also thinking I can get colored paper and use the hole punch and then glue the little cut out onto my toe, but I'm not sure how well that would stay with getting wet in the rain, pool, or shower. At least with the nail polish it will stay on.

I haven't tried it yet - hubby isn't home right now, but I figured my Disboards friends would understand my excitement and let me know if my idea is nuts or not.

Let me know what you think or if anyone else has tried this.

Thank you
Noreen

Hi

I'll admit it - I am not the most creative person out there. I can't even put an outfit together unless it comes together or the mannequin in the store has the pieces together. If they had Geranimals for adults I'd be the first in line to buy them.

However, I love the idea of the Disney Toes. I don't get pedicures but will ask my husband to paint my toe nails for me. He has gotten much better at it over the years.

We will be on a cruise and then going to Disney World. It's not a Disney cruise so I don't plan on having the Disney Toes until I get to Disney World. I stopped at Michaels (a crafts store) and asked if they had any type of Disney hole punchers. The woman sent me to the scrapbooking area. Not being the creative type, this was my first time in this area as well as in the store. I found this thing called a Disney Border Punch on sale for $4.99 (originally $14.99) that would punch a mickey head, a star, an M, another star, and a Mickey hand along the border of a page.

Here's my idea. I'll punch some strips of paper with the different designs. Then cut out the Mickey head (or maybe try some of the others too). After my toes are painted whatever color and dry, I can put the little piece of paper with the Mickey head punched out over my toe nail. Then have my husband go over it with a different color nail polish. Remove the paper and there is a perfectly shaped Mickey head (or other design) on my toe.

I was also thinking I can get colored paper and use the hole punch and then glue the little cut out onto my toe, but I'm not sure how well that would stay with getting wet in the rain, pool, or shower. At least with the nail polish it will stay on.

I haven't tried it yet - hubby isn't home right now, but I figured my Disboards friends would understand my excitement and let me know if my idea is nuts or not.

Let me know what you think or if anyone else has tried this.

Thank you
Noreen

You might peel off the nail polish when trying to take the mickey head cut out off. You can try to just put the mickey head on and seal it with a clear top coat.

I bought little crystals in two different sizes and when I get my pedicure I am going to glue them in place and then cover it with a clear coat.

You can also let the pedi dry completely and then stick on a Disney sticker and cover with many coats of clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter