Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Can anyone get into specifics with treat trails?

I half watched/listened to someones Mickey's Halloween Party video from 2017. It seemed to me like they just walked down pathways with two cast members per treat station handing out candy at maybe 3-5 stations per trail? He mentioned the bag he was provided was full after 3 trails. I was under the impression treat trails were a time suck but it never felt like he was waiting in a line in the video - he was just walking down the path through the stations.

What have your experiences been?

We don’t tend to hit every treat trail.... if there is a big line we skip it. If it looks like they have good candy, like ghiradelli squares, we try and go back to it later. But the first bit of the party some of the treat lines can be long. We use that time to hit rides instead.

I half watched/listened to someones Mickey's Halloween Party video from 2017. It seemed to me like they just walked down pathways with two cast members per treat station handing out candy at maybe 3-5 stations per trail? He mentioned the bag he was provided was full after 3 trails. I was under the impression treat trails were a time suck but it never felt like he was waiting in a line in the video - he was just walking down the path through the stations.

When I went in 2016 we only waited in longer lines at 3 of the 14 or so treat trails, the rest of the trails didn’t have a wait. The longest line we had was for the trail in front of Roger rabbit which had 5 stations. Then the mickey and Minnie house trail had a bit of a wait as did Star Wars launch bay but each of those trails had between 8-12 stations. Between my dad and I we did very treat trail and came home with about 14/15 lbs of candy and that was after having snakes on some of what we collected.

I had a really hard time getting the treat trails before went last year too. Basically there’s stations set up in certain locations as you are walking you will run into them and can get the treats. Absolutely not worth waiting in any line for! We just stumbled on a bunch going from the Toontown party back to the river to see the Cadaver Dans. You will see them and can grab treats if you are walking by (but don’t bother if there’s a line). That much was fine for the kids who were happy to have ToT at Disney.

I'm going to the party on Halloween. Do they ever run out of candy or merchandise before the last party?

I'm going to the party on Halloween. Do they ever run out of candy or merchandise before the last party?
They wont run out of candy but the merchandise does run out. I would look at the shop parks app or the Disney store.com if you want something specific and order it otherwise you may be disappointed. We ordered Halloween ears and trick or treat totes from the shop parks app yesterday as I know the totes will sell out as I'm also going to the party Halloween night. Unfortunately my tote will say WDW but I guess I'll survive as i want a Halloween style tote.

I'm going to have to go back and read this post!!!! We're going to the September 27th party with a first-timer. We're making our costumes and are super excited for it!

We don’t tend to hit every treat trail.... if there is a big line we skip it. If it looks like they have good candy, like ghiradelli squares, we try and go back to it later. But the first bit of the party some of the treat lines can be long. We use that time to hit rides instead.

Ugh, Ghiradelli are my favorite!! I remember the one year they gave out those squares. I wish they still did that!

Can anyone get into specifics with treat trails? What have your experiences been?
That's a pretty good description of the treat trail; each trail is composed of several stops with CMs handing out candy (last year, two pieces was the most common amount) or other snacks (e.g., crackers, apple slices, etc.). You can go through the trails as many times as you'd like. The bags they give you when you get your wrist band are fairly small (9” tall, by 7” wide, by 3” deep) and it doesn't take many trails to fill up the bag. You'll see a lot of folks using larger bags to hold their candy. As others have said, the treat trails tend to have fairly good line lengths at the start of the party, but if you wait until closer to the end of the party, the lines are much shorter. Besides, if you wait until the end, you won't have to carry around all of the candy all night long! There is often one trail with sometime special, but for the most part, all of the trails have the same candy.

Saw a post with all the fun wdw treats... now we need a DL treat post!
I saw the MNSSHP treat posting and while they look neat and fun, I'm glad that DLR doesn't do party exclusive treats. From reports last year, it sounded like a lot of guests had to spend a good portion of the party waiting in line to buy the food items and they ran out early. In this way, I'm glad DLR offers the HalloweenTime treats all day long; I can get the treats during the day and concentrate on the party activities (e.g., fireworks, parade, etc.) during the party hours.

Ugh, Ghiradelli are my favorite!! I remember the one year they gave out those squares. I wish they still did that!
They still hand out free samples at the Ghiradelli shop in DCA. I think it's currently the caramel one.

They still hand out free samples at the Ghiradelli shop in DCA. I think it's currently the caramel one.

True, except we went through that trick-or-treat line about 10 times... lol. I guess we could go through the Ghirradelli shop a few times, but they might kick us out haha!

Cruuushed. Apparently the 26th sold out before I had a chance to get tickets. I need 2 (already booked flights for my DD’s graduation present). Are there any reputable third party sites to buy tickets from? (Similar to StubHub?)

Cruuushed. Apparently the 26th sold out before I had a chance to get tickets. I need 2 (already booked flights for my DD’s graduation present). Are there any reputable third party sites to buy tickets from? (Similar to StubHub?)

Call the ticket line ASAP (714-781-4400/4686). Often when tickets are sold out online, there are still some available by phone. Since you only need two, you have a better chance of finding them than someone who needs a lot more. Will you be staying at one of the onsite hotels? In past years, day of tickets for the parties have been available at the GCH (concierge desk, I think), first come, first served, to the first few guests who show up (fewer than 100 guests). You can call the hotels to ask, if you'll be a guest on your party day. Be very cautious about buying tickets from third party vendors -- many vendors for MHP tickets are unauthorized, and people report getting scammed every year. DIS Boards does not vouch for any third party MHP ticket vendors. MHP tickets state clearly that they are not for re-sale and are not transferable, so beware!

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice that they don't list the Halloween parade during the entertainment schedule? I thought it was weird and maybe they weren't offering it this year, however they advertise it on the official party page. Maybe it was an over site?

When does Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy close for refurb after Halloween? We usually go mid-October but this year were arriving 10/31 and need to pack in anything Halloween on that day. We have regular park tickets as well as MHP tickets to give us enough time to visit both parks and see all the Halloween stuff but I just thought of this and now am wondering if we need to ride it on 10/31. It's not such a big deal for me & DD as we go every year but our cousins we are bringing have never been during Halloween time.

When does Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy close for refurb after Halloween? We usually go mid-October but this year were arriving 10/31 and need to pack in anything Halloween on that day. We have regular park tickets as well as MHP tickets to give us enough time to visit both parks and see all the Halloween stuff but I just thought of this and now am wondering if we need to ride it on 10/31. It's not such a big deal for me & DD as we go every year but our cousins we are bringing have never been during Halloween time.
It changes over the next day, so you'll need to go on the 31st if you want to see it as GG.

Last year we were there November 2nd and 3rd. On the 2nd SM was still shut (it closed the 1st too) but it was open the 3rd back to regular. It was pretty cool watching the transformation from Halloween to Christmas happening each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter