Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party~~October 5

The three of us will be there. Not sure about costumes though, DD 8 will probably the only one with them on.

I can't wait, this will be our first MNSSHP. :Pinkbounc

we have the opportunity to go to MNSSHP on either Oct 3 or Oct 5. There are good points and bad to either for us....the worst of which is that we have a 10:20AM flight on Monday, October 6. If the crowds are going to be about the same, then I will book the Friday night party and recover the rest of the weekend. does that make sense?

my thought is (and has been since the dates were announced) that the SUnday night will be less crowded because the locals aren't going to have their kids out on a school night....plus, SUndays are generally quieter than the rest of the week at WDW.

any thoughts?

Why decide between 10/3 and 10/5 - simple go to BOTH of them! DW and I are - any opportunity to be in the MK until midnight is too good to pass up.;)

If you do go on 10/3, there is a DIS meet that night - check it out on the DIS Meets board!

Good Luck!

Originally posted by DrTomorrow
Why decide between 10/3 and 10/5 - simple go to BOTH of them! DW and I are - any opportunity to be in the MK until midnight is too good to pass up.;)

If you do go on 10/3, there is a DIS meet that night - check it out on the DIS Meets board!

Good Luck!

I love your answer!! DS and I are attend both parties. I plan to do all the rides one night and hit all of the show the other night. My son's 12th birthday is October 5.

Hello everyone,

Sounds like there will be alot of us DIS'ers at this party. I will be there with my DW, DS(12), DS(9) and DD(7). We are all excited about the party. We also are thinking of getting our Priority seats at Liberty Tree Tavern. We are thinking of earlier around 4:30pm.

Four months is not that long to wait is it?:p

Stacy-
About last-minute tickets...I don't think there will be a problem. Last year we went to the very first MNSSHP (I think it was Oct. 11) and there were people purchasing tickets at Guest Services at the gate of the MK at about 5:30 pm. I've heard that the only one that usually sells out is the Oct. 31 one, so this early in the month I think you'll be okay with waiting.

FFerret-
I'm not sure about the time from FW to LTT, but I'll try to time it for you next week while we're there and let you know.

Praise2Him--
Goodness, one day to go!!!
I'd really appreciate it--think it should be about 30-45 minutes. Have a blast!!!!

We drive down on Sunday the 5th, arriving 3-4 p.m. Wouldn't we be way too tired to stay out late? I know DH would...he could go back to the room earlier if he wanted. DD 9 and I could catch a later bus back to ASMo. We leave on Saturday the 11th, so I don't know if we want to be out late on the last night. Decisions, decisions...I just want to go because it'll be our only chance to see MK at night. We went in early October 4 yrs. ago and they closed at 6 every night. Everything I've read says that the Halloween party makes a good E-night. I know that DD and I'll be pumped when we arrive...think I'll make the Sunday decision!Melanie

We just bought tix for the 5th. I'm so excited! I'm trying to decide if we should splurge for dinner with PS. If we can get into the park early without PS, I would rather do that. What do you think?

We're going to be there too! Myself, DH and DS, who will be 4 then. When we asked what DS will be wearing, he said Buzz Lightyear (as if there was any doubt, if you read my tag!). DH and I won't dress, however. I think my guise of exhausted working mom will be scary enough!

Can't Wait!!!!!

DH and I are attending the NSSHP on the 5th; just us no kids. Debated between the 3 and 5th... thought maybe Sunday might be less crowded.
We went last year... think it was on the 17th. We enjoyed it but it was beastly hot and humid. We both went in costume and never got our complimentary photo... DARN! I was so disappointed. I contacted Disney; they contacted me; promised to look and get back to me...then after two phone calls I never heard a word and never got a return call when I tried reaching them again.
Hope I better luck this year...and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for NO rain!

Originally posted by Cthia
The three of us will be there. Not sure about costumes though, DD 8 will probably the only one with them on.

I can't wait, this will be our first MNSSHP. :Pinkbounc

There'll be 4 of us with them
arrow4.gif

Bought my tickets today! Can hardly wait! But then I just read that Big Thunder will close for rehab in late August and open by Thanksgiving. I'm so disappointed! Didn't ride 4 years ago with 5 year old...was so looking forward to it this time, AND using party like an e-night to ride it lots of times. Oh bother! Guess we'll just have to ride Barnstormer a lot, AGAIN. We rode it 10 times in two days (5 times consecutively) when DD was 5. She loved it. Melanie

But then I just read that Big Thunder will close for rehab in late August and open by Thanksgiving
OH NO!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:
Please say it isn't so!!!!!

Where did you hear this?

Oh No... No Big Thunder in October!!!

Poor DH... In all of our trips to WDW he's only been on BTM once...
and was really looking forward to this time enjoying it... especially after listening to my DD and my mom, (77 and still loves the coasters) debate what's better...daytime or nightime rides.

Hmmmm...is it a definite, absolute positive that it's going to be down for refurbishment then?

Hey everyone, I am so excited, because not only is this the first time to MNSSHP but also our first time to WDW...Me, DH, DS 10, DD 9, DD 7, and DD 16 months. Being from the west coast, we have always gone to DL. I am so excited and it looks like you all will be at the parks on the same date too! If anyone is staying at the GF, let me know!
Michelle

I just booked tix for October 5. YIPPEE!!!

I also tried making PS for LTT... nothing available until 7:30 pm!!!!!!! :( Bummer!

We were planning on doing MK that day. So, I think we will go early, leave in the afternoon. Eat early dinner at Whispering Canyon, then go back for the party. Sound good?

How much time should we allow ourselves to go from the dock at Wilderness Lodge to the MK for MNSSHP if we have PS at 5:05 pm at Tony's? We'll be celebtating our 2 y/o's b-day, and don't want to be late! We came in early last year on our AP's and didn't have to wait for the boat, or in line to get in. I would be heart-broken (and embarrassed in fromt of my parents and a family friend who is a priest that we're bringing for his first Disney experience ever)!

Hey Everyone,

This will be our first time going to MNSSHP :eek: ! We are coming down from 10/4 until 10/11 and have to decide between a Sunday and a Friday (we probably won't do both).

We'll have three of our kids with us: DD - 5 :Pinkbounc, DS - 3 :bounce: , and DD - 1.5 :crazy:!

I've been leaning towards Sunday because I figure it will be less crowded, but we have PS for Cinderella's Royal Table the next morning (Monday) around 10am.

My questions are: 1) how important is it for us to buy tix early?, and 2) any suggestions as to which one will be better for the young group?

Thanks,

Geoff

Yippeee ! just ordered our tickets for the 5th ! This will be our first MNSSHP ! My mom, myself and dd 16 and dd12. Not sure about costumes yet . A group of Pirates ? Fairys and Maleficent ? We are spending the morning at AK then taking a break back at the hotel then Chef Mickeys for dinner and after dinner walking on over to the Party !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter