Mickey's Very Merry Xmas-is it worth it?

Ursula Clay

Earning My Ears
My family of 4 (including 5 year old and 3 year old) are going to WDW 12/5-12/11. With a 4 day hopper, is it worth it to make a special trip to MVMC? I have seen mixed reviews on whether it is too crowded. Also, with young kids, it starts pretty late. Should we go to the park that day and try to stay, or can you just come a little early that day (6:00?). Not sure how it works, or what works best. Looking for advice from some cagey veterans!

I think it is very worth it! For your dates, I would go on Tuesday nite. We were there at that same time last year and attended MVMCP 3x and Tuesday was the least crowded. We pretty much walked on anything we wanted to or had a very minor wait. since you only have a 4 day park hopper, I would do MVMCP on a day you are not planning to go to the parks. That way you get an extra day at MK without using a day on your hopper. Just relax around the resort and take naps that day so your kids will be fresh for the party. They usually start letting you in for MVMCP around 4:00/4:30 with only your MVMCP ticket. Or make a PS for Crystal Palace, LTT or Tony's in the MK for around 4-5 and then just stay while the park clears and they party begins!

Have a great time!

Definately go! We had so much fun at this party back in 2000. Well worth the extra buckage! :D

Marie

YES!!!!! It is SO worth it!!! Just make sure you go on either a Sunday or Tuesday if possible.

It's a whole different feeling at night. Especially at Christmas time. You will be AMAZED at how beautiful main street is. And the crowds should be no problem at all. I actually found the experience very relaxing....in a magical way......

We went 2 times last year and had an absolute blast!

With the 3 and 5 yr old, I would recommend strollers. Then if they get tired, they can just go to sleep.

And yes, just relax all day and take naps if you can. It makes a big difference if you don't do any other parks that day. Maybe do something light, like go to DTD.

And a hint about the parade....if the area around main street seems too crowded, walk to the area right near Splash Mountain. There is usually tons of room there.

Have a WONDERFUL time!:hyper:

OK. I'm convinced! Thanks all who already replied, and any future replies. There's no substitute for first hand experience.

I would definately take it easy the day you plan on going. We took our kids when they were 1 & 2 and had no problem, they stayed awake and took everything in. But on our last trip we took them to e-night and they are 3 & 4 and they fell asleep a half hour after the park closed. We are planning on going to MVMCP on a Tuesday this year and we have our PS as O'hanas that morning for breakfast. After breakfast we are going to resort hop to take in the decorations and then take the kids back for a nap before heading to the park around 4:30. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter