Midnight moms/croppers

I lived just outside of Long Beach for 10 years in Seal Beach. Disneyland will always be my first Diney love! Rachel and I went to DLR in August and she has declared that she prefers it over WDW :scared1:
Heck yeah its better than MK I agree but I'm waaaay Biased I'm a born and bred OC girl and lived behind DLH for a good 10 years of my life. my friends and I used to get our most touristy stuff on and sneak into the DLH hotel pool all the time. I got my first season pass when I was 7-8 and we would go hang out in DL after school. Ahhh the good ol days. Doing homework in Tomorrowland. but to this day I hate and am soooo bored with fireworks. Every night during the summer for most of my life... Uggghhhh I hate them now. I leave DD with Gma and go shopping or use that time as a great time for a Me only bathroom break. ahhhhh the stall to myself.
BTW there are tons of Dairy farms here in AZ and here in the Valley when I lived in Gilbert you could smell them.
Cows smell doesnt bother me but Chickens now thats a different story!!!

Yep...that blizzard was I think in January...I was preggo with my oldest!! Snow was up to my waist!

The worst ice storm was six years ago this coming January...we were out of power for a week! It was seriously the worst experience of my life! My youngest was only 7 months old! Very hard to deal with!

That was it, we left the morning the storm was forcast for FL, it "chased" us all the way down to the VA/NC border where we finally hit rain, Jim was afraid to stop and get stuck, I know the Delaware river got so frozen with all the ice dams, happy I was in warm and sunny FL!
Being w/o power is the worst, we lost power in Charlotte NC I think the same year you did, the transformer blew for our apt complex, so we had to move to a hotel since we had no fireplace.
Heck yeah its better than MK I agree but I'm waaaay Biased I'm a born and bred OC girl and lived behind DLH for a good 10 years of my life. my friends and I used to get our most touristy stuff on and sneak into the DLH hotel pool all the time. I got my first season pass when I was 7-8 and we would go hang out in DL after school. Ahhh the good ol days. Doing homework in Tomorrowland. but to this day I hate and am soooo bored with fireworks. Every night during the summer for most of my life... Uggghhhh I hate them now. I leave DD with Gma and go shopping or use that time as a great time for a Me only bathroom break. ahhhhh the stall to myself.
BTW there are tons of Dairy farms here in AZ and here in the Valley when I lived in Gilbert you could smell them.
Cows smell doesnt bother me but Chickens now thats a different story!!!

I can imagine being that close to DL would take away some of the magic of the fireworks. But how lucky to be able to go when ever you want!!

Night Buffy, sleep well!

I love xmas in disney, we went once at thanksgiving and once the first part of dec, our dream is to some day be there on xmas....problem is my family would freak that we aren't home for the holidays...they aren't dis freaks like us

We specifically plan to be there on Christmas, the 3 Disney trips we've taken as a family have been the week before through the day after Christmas. That way we don't have to deal with extended family drama. Both sets of parents live within 30 minutes and my mom can't get along with DH's mom, it's hard to be 2 places at once :confused3 So we started going away for the holidays so we can have family time (just the 4 of us).

We typically go Dec 18 to 28, give or take a day.
I love being there at Xmas. I'm sad we aren't going there this year but I have got to get some bills paid off first! LOL

Next year we are going for sure. My god daughters want to go with us and they've never been.

Buffy--we're working on paying things off too! I'll miss Disney Christmas ;)

I wish we could spend X-mas at Disney. Its hard because DD b-day is Dec 9th and I like to separate the her B-day from Christmas.

Someday.........xmas in Disney :goodvibes dreams and wishes

we are going to make a couple dream's come true this trip though...staying at AKL and sunset safari, Discovery Cove (sshh Megan doesn't know this one) LaNuba, and the new AK tour (sshh Megan doesn't know about this either).

Someday.........xmas in Disney :goodvibes dreams and wishes

we are going to make a couple dream's come true this trip though...staying at AKL and sunset safari, Discovery Cove (sshh Megan doesn't know this one) LaNuba, and the new AK tour (sshh Megan doesn't know about this either).

Lisa - what is the new tour at AK? I have heard about it, but never went ahead and researched.

I am soooo exhausted from the late nights and early mornings...so I think I am bailing for tonight! I'll talk to you guys tomorrow! No insomnia for me tonight!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the wild africa trek at AK...a 3 hour tour through the savannah, walking and riding in a special vehicle, Taste of Africa snacks at the end...there's a thread about it on the main theme park page and here on DIS Unplugged: New Wild Africa Trek Coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2011, it really sounds like it will be amazing!

just checking to see if anyone was chatting....will check back after Survivor...

I need to walk away from my Cricut before I throw it!!!:headache:
I'm gonna get a cup of coffee and watch House Hunters International They are in PARIS!!!! Lucky SOB's!!!!

we love that show too! hope you got some sleep last night! I did good until about 4 but went back to sleep until 6!!

Its the wild africa trek at AK...a 3 hour tour through the savannah, walking and riding in a special vehicle, Taste of Africa snacks at the end...there's a thread about it on the main theme park page and here on DIS Unplugged: New Wild Africa Trek Coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2011, it really sounds like it will be amazing!

just checking to see if anyone was chatting....will check back after Survivor...

That is so exciting that you will be going on this! I work at DAK, and they just recently finished planting a bunch of extra bushes and trees for this adventure. And the bridge is about ready to be put up as well. ;)

That is so exciting that you will be going on this! I work at DAK, and they just recently finished planting a bunch of extra bushes and trees for this adventure. And the bridge is about ready to be put up as well. ;)

that's so cool!!! any other info you can share? will you still be there 3/29 - 4/9 that's when we are coming down, what do you do at DAK? if so, maybe we could meet you, we are going on the tour 4/1!!

any one going to play tonight???

excited.....just ordered the Toy Story Cart!!!!! its all Megan's fault!!! its her Fav set of movies!!!

that's so cool!!! any other info you can share? will you still be there 3/29 - 4/9 that's when we are coming down, what do you do at DAK? if so, maybe we could meet you, we are going on the tour 4/1!!

I am currently a professional intern here at Disney. I test the water for all the animal and fish exhibits at DAK and Epcot. Hopefully I will still be around then! I applied to extend my internship, and should be hearing back soon! :) As for more info... none that I can think of! But it is late, and I am sleepy. ;)

any one going to play tonight???

excited.....just ordered the Toy Story Cart!!!!! its all Megan's fault!!! its her Fav set of movies!!!

I'm here now--I ordered the Toy Story cart because Rachel loves Jessie :) My Flower & Garden pages are up on the other thread now.

I'll go check it out, be right back.....

I'm back....great pics, can't wait to experience it....did they have scrapbooking stuff available there for the show?

I don't remember seeing any scrapbooking stuff. But, I wasn't really looking for any. I did get an extra program so I had one to save and one to cut apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter