Military Discount Tickets

As of right now, the Armed Forces tickets and the room discounts end on Sept 30, 2012. No word on whether they will be extended or not.

We made a reservation at the YC for the end of Sept. thinking the military discounts were ending. We were told by the reservation CM that the discounts will probably be extended. Keeping fingers crossed.

by chance do you know when they close at DtD(guest relations),we will be getting there in the evening,just hoping they don't close before we have a chance to get there...thx!

I believe 11:00pm Sunday thru Thurs and 11:30 on Friday and Sat, or something close to that.

We made a reservation at the YC for the end of Sept. thinking the military discounts were ending. We were told by the reservation CM that the discounts will probably be extended. Keeping fingers crossed.

The reservations CM's have no idea. Nobody will know that until it's announced, even Disney hasn't decided that, yet, from what I have been reading. I NEVER trust anything a CM tells me, unless I know for a fact that it's true.

I'm in the minority, but I kind of hope they don't extend. I'd rather see them skip a few months and then come up with something new. If they extend the current offer it does me no good, as we will hit our 12 ticket limit in August. A lot of folks have already met their limit.

I don't think they would "extend" the current offer without adding to the number of tickets you can buy. This year's offer added 6 tickets to the year before. I would imagine they'll offer another 6 tickets--but who really knows!

1. Who Knows What EVIL Lurks In The Heart Of Disney Marketing?!

When Disney feels ready to implement their next promotion they will do so. If other recent promotions have been any indication, for about the first month nobody will really understand it and the Marketing people will not have thought out all the ramifications.

2. I would not expect anything to be released until after the next general ticket price increase (whenever that will be).

I don't think they would "extend" the current offer without adding to the number of tickets you can buy. This year's offer added 6 tickets to the year before. I would imagine they'll offer another 6 tickets--but who really knows!

I would love for them to extend the room discounts, means we can continue to go back more often.

We will use up almost all of our remaining tickets in June, but I would certainly think if they extend the discount, they would increase the number of tickets again to accommodate a new year/promotion.

Only time will tell!

Ugh! I am so frustrated. My dad is retired military and my parents went down to the local military base to buy military salute tickets yesterday. Originally, they told me that they were getting 6 tickets - 1 for my dad, 1 for my mom, and 2 each for my sister and her husband for our upcoming 7night/8-day trip. However, at the last minute they decided they also wanted the option to go to the parks every day so tried to purchase 8 tickets. They were told they couldn't. Therefore they purchased 4 military salute tickets and 4 3-day PH tickets. It cost about $1680!!! This is about the most expensive way to go about it isn't it? Why wouldn't the desk have suggested 7 day PH ($1288) or 6 military salute and 2 3-day PH tickets ($1392) or tell them to buy 6 now and 2 at Disney World (if allowed?). Ugh! Am I adding this up wrong? Can they return or reconfigure what they purchased? :(

Ugh! I am so frustrated. My dad is retired military and my parents went down to the local military base to buy military salute tickets yesterday. Originally, they told me that they were getting 6 tickets - 1 for my dad, 1 for my mom, and 2 each for my sister and her husband for our upcoming 7night/8-day trip. However, at the last minute they decided they also wanted the option to go to the parks every day so tried to purchase 8 tickets. They were told they couldn't. Therefore they purchased 4 military salute tickets and 4 3-day PH tickets. It cost about $1680!!! This is about the most expensive way to go about it isn't it? Why wouldn't the desk have suggested 7 day PH ($1288) or 6 military salute and 2 3-day PH tickets ($1392) or tell them to buy 6 now and 2 at Disney World (if allowed?). Ugh! Am I adding this up wrong? Can they return or reconfigure what they purchased? :(

the desk may not have realized that a different configuration is a better deal. and generally speaking MWR or ITT sales are final. they would not have been allowed to buy 2 more tickets at WDW.. only 6 can be activated at a time.

the desk may not have realized that a different configuration is a better deal. and generally speaking MWR or ITT sales are final. they would not have been allowed to buy 2 more tickets at WDW.. only 6 can be activated at a time.

I'm just so frustrated for them. They don't have $300-$400 to throw away.

That's a shame. I would have bought the 6 and dealt with the rest at Disney at the gate. Sometimes it's worth it to pay the sales tax. If you activated all the tickets the first day and then went back 4 days later to buy 2 more, I'll bet they might have okayed it. If they didn't, it's a short trip to SoG to buy the Stars and Stripes tickets. They can try returning them to their ITT. You can't expect them to give advice on the tickets--unfortunately, those of us who have used them for the last 3 years know more about the ins and outs than most ITTs.

It is just unfair that they are out so much money because they didn't understand how the military deal worked or ticket pricing. I wonder if they brought the tickets to Disney guest services if they could do anything or back to the original ITT/MWR office if they could help.

Disney won't do anything, I wouldn't think, but they could try taking them back to the base. The trouble is, the base has no way to check and see if any of the days have been used. That's likely why they don't usually take them back.

tried to find an answer to this elsewhere, but this thread seems to be pretty active...

'm a Florida resident with an annual pass, I am also a military spouse...

my question is this;
My mother is visiting from texas, and I want to get her disney ticket- I was wondering if I can buy a "disney military 4 day pass ticket" without buying one for myself-being that i am an AP... I can still activate her ticket at the front office with my military id.

I live in Tampa, and DH is at macdill. The ITT office said they are not sure about it and that I would need to speak with someone at Disney. I called the Annual Passholder line, and she said I should be able to do that, but noone had asked her before and then she gave me a number to call back tomorrow with.

It seems like my only option is to buy a 3day hopper pass for 250 if I cannot do the military pass; which is a great monetary difference. :worried:

Anyone have any insight into this? TIA!

I am really hoping (fingers crossed!) they extend the $138 4-day PH passes. This will be our very first trip for all 4 of my kids and my hubby. We have been trying to plan for years and every single time we start planning, he gets another order to deploy or I get pregnant. Well this time we are ALL CLEAR to go and have alreday started saving. With 4 kids and 1 income, I am really hoping for some awesomely discounted tickets. We are driving from KY in Jan. We have our next set of orders for deployment #5 but its not for a while (which as we all know can and usually does change ) and wont affect our trip. Ive called Disney a few times and they always say that if another dicount comes out, it wont be until July or Aug. They were pretty confident another promotion very similar to the current one would be available but Im not counting on anything. Whats the Army motto? Expect the worst, hope for the best? lol So Im patiently ( actually very impatiently ;) ) waiting until then.

It is just unfair that they are out so much money because they didn't understand how the military deal worked or ticket pricing. I wonder if they brought the tickets to Disney guest services if they could do anything or back to the original ITT/MWR office if they could help.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the local office gave my parents a complete refund. They then bought the 7-day PH's for $430 less!!! Thank goodness they were given the chance to do so for it did clearly say no refunds or exchanges (however, the manager was very nice and said "they were lead in the wrong direction"). Thank you, thank you! :thumbsup2

I am really hoping (fingers crossed!) they extend the $138 4-day PH passes. This will be our very first trip for all 4 of my kids and my hubby. We have been trying to plan for years and every single time we start planning, he gets another order to deploy or I get pregnant. Well this time we are ALL CLEAR to go and have alreday started saving. With 4 kids and 1 income, I am really hoping for some awesomely discounted tickets. We are driving from KY in Jan. We have our next set of orders for deployment #5 but its not for a while (which as we all know can and usually does change ) and wont affect our trip. Ive called Disney a few times and they always say that if another dicount comes out, it wont be until July or Aug. They were pretty confident another promotion very similar to the current one would be available but Im not counting on anything. Whats the Army motto? Expect the worst, hope for the best? lol So Im patiently ( actually very impatiently ;) ) waiting until then.

this week's Navy times had an article. they are saying there won't be an answer one way or another until JUST before the current one expires.

this week's Navy times had an article. they are saying there won't be an answer one way or another until JUST before the current one expires.

ugh....I'm trying to decide weather to tack on a few days at Disney after our cruise in Jan, but if there's no promotion I don't think we'll do it. This is the reason why I haven't bought air fare yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter