Military Discount Tickets

What are the chances of the military salute tickets being available after the September 2012 end date currently scheduled?? We are hoping to go in October of this year........

What are the chances of the military salute tickets being available after the September 2012 end date currently scheduled?? We are hoping to go in October of this year........

There is no word, it will most likely be last minute as usual. Steve TLT says he has contacted someone he knows in Disney Military Sales, but hasn't heard back.

The 12 tickets for lifetime of the promotion...how far back does that go? Just 2011 or further back. Everywhere I've read each says a different thing.

Sorry is this already has been answered, but I seem to be getting some conflicting info. In this thread, it's been stated that no more than six tickets can be purchase/activated per day. But I have also read from other sources that it is no more than six tickets per WEEK. I'm asking which is correct because there will be 9 of us going for a week this September. Will we be able to purchase/activate 6 on the first day, and then purchase/activate the remaining three the next?

Thanks!

no. it is six in a 7 day period. total of 12( 2 of which must be for the AD member) between 2010-current. you'\ll have to buy the regular military discount tickets for the rest( I suggest you buy the kids tickets if applicable)

your local MWR/ITT office can get a price list, or just stop at the SoG Ticket sales.

and no sales tax if you buy at SoG or ITT/MWR

Thanks guys! You just made me appreciate the Salute tickets so much more. I forgot how high the prices were....OUCH!

hello again, I know in the past I asked alot of questions,lol..well now we have decided to get annual passes instead...my question is though, can we still buy some of these for a few family members? I think I read somewhere that if the service member was present to activate them then it was alright,but just wanted to be sure?! Thanks:)

prices can be found here http://www.shadesofgreen.org/ATT.htm
pick the category for where you'll be staying: on or off property
On property (SOG or WDW) prices http://www.shadesofgreen.org/StarsStripes.htm
Off property: http://www.shadesofgreen.org/StarsStripes.htm

and as was stated, if you purchase AT shades of green there is no tax. :)

You can also purchase the regular MYW tickets at SoG with no tax, I found that out when we just needed a 1 day base ticket and not the Stars and Stripes tickets.

hello again, I know in the past I asked alot of questions,lol..well now we have decided to get annual passes instead...my question is though, can we still buy some of these for a few family members? I think I read somewhere that if the service member was present to activate them then it was alright,but just wanted to be sure?! Thanks:)

going off of what's in Cheshire Figment's 'official' ticket thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684&page=2
it doesn't say anything about it.

and what's here, on Disney's site: http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....de=fy11military&market=fy11military#important
seems to incidate that for each purchase one ticket must be used by the member of the military.

You might want to ask in the other ticket thread that seems to get more visits
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2582642

To the best of my knowledge, at least as far as Disney ticketing is concerned, there is no restriction on a service member purchasing multiple MYW or AP tickets at a MWR/ITT office or SoG.

MYW tickets are active (live) at date of purchase, and may be used for up to 14 days from date of first use unless the NE option is included at time of purchase or the ticket is upgraded to NE while still within the 14 day period. These tickets may be freely transferred prior to first use, and the service member or spouse does not have to be present for anything except the purchase.

APs sold are not live APs, but are exchange certificates (or vouchers) which may be exchanged at any WDW ticket or Guest Relations window for a "live" AP with an expiration date one year from the date of exchange.

These AP vouchers (exchange certificates) are freely transferable prior to being converted to live tickets. At the time they are converted, the service member or spouse does not have to be present; but everyone 18 or older must show a photo ID and the name, address, date of birth and telephone number will be put in the system.

ok, I'm sorry I've read so much I guess I'm getting confused...we've decided not to use our Military tickets for 4 days, instead we're just getting annual passes...what I need to know is, can we buy these 4 day Salute tickets for my sister if she is there with us and my DH(sponser) is there to show his ID and activate them or as someone else mentioned does he have to be one of the ones using one of them?? hope this makes sense, and I'm sorry I keep asking questions over and over,but like I said I'm reading so many different things that I'm getting confused on what is right or wrong...:confused3

He only has to be one of the ones using them if you buy six tickets. You can buy just one for your sister and activate it, no problem.

He only has to be one of the ones using them if you buy six tickets. You can buy just one for your sister and activate it, no problem.

we would be getting 5 if we can, for her and her 4 children, so if it is under 6 would it be a problem, just hate to buy him a ticket he won't use cause we'll have annual...thx!

we would be getting 5 if we can, for her and her 4 children, so if it is under 6 would it be a problem, just hate to buy him a ticket he won't use cause we'll have annual...thx!

Right, the intent seems to be that 1 HAS to go for the military member for every 6 activated. I mean..that's the whole point of the program. But if you as the spouse purchase 5 that's fine.

makes me want to forget about getting passes then so we can at least buy 2 for her...so basically we can buy 6 to activate at one time as long as DH is there to show his ID and uses one of them, it won't be a problem if 2 of them will be used my my sister and one of her kids,correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter