Milkshakes

This always bothered me.....

Chocolate Milkshake (Real Vanilla Ice Cream blended with Ghiradelli Chocolate syrup...)

No I want chocolate ice cream.

Perhaps its a regional thing, but here, every ice cream shop makes chocolate shakes with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. I definitely prefer it that way - using chocolate ice cream gives it a different flavor. But either way, I would think any ice cream place could accommodate a request to use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla, including Ghiradelli.

OP, Ghiradelli has my favorite shakes on property. More of the traditional style ones. Many of the quick service ones (and Whispering Canyon) have the very thick McDonald's style shakes that come out of a machine and collapse your straw. They taste fine, but not my preference if I'm looking for a good shake!

@Mainemama I get that it is a sherbet based, refreshing drink, I have had it I think , but is it “milk” based - ie a Milkshake. I didn’t think so.
i think there is milk in it, but I could be wrong. It tastes like a creamsicle shake and is served like a milkshake. Whipped cream and a sweet candy orange slice top it. Beaches and Cream offers other flavor shakes, too.

for an off-the-hook milkshake experience, try the gelato shakes at d-luxe burger in disney springs. We went there for lunch one day on our last trip and went back just to get another gelato shake! The s'mores one is great but the godiva liqueur one is even better (not for the kiddos though obviously!) When the man brought it to me he said "be careful, this thing is loaded!" and I said "with a little luck, I will be soon too!" he was right, they were NOT skimpy on the booze (as opposed to the grownup milk shake at sci-fi which was undetectable as anything other than a regular milkshake to me.)

When we split one the second time I chose the non-alcoholic version for obvious reasons, though I did long for the godiva one.

I can't help with The Plaza yet we generally get milkshakes at 50's PT. In the event that you are not eating at the eatery, you can arrange milkshakes at the bar in the Tune-In Lounge nearby. We have done that when we aren't eating at the TS café. Their milkshakes are incredible. I question you can do this with a bite credit however we think it merits paying out of pocket for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter