Minne Marathon Team List

Me too! Me too! I've already registered for the 15K. DH MIGHT run it but hasn't made up his mind yet.

::MinnieMo

I'll be there too! I am doing the 15K and staying at OKW. Martha is staying at OKW too. She forgot to add that in her last post. :)

Welcome to the newbies! Please come join us on our weekly thread. You will love it here. This is such a supportive group.

Ms. Mightyduck- Can you fly Southwest? They are offering some really good fares to MCO right now.

Wow - it seems like there are a FEW of us staying at OKW! Maybe we should rent a stretch limo to take us all to the race in style. :rotfl:

Count us in! Made it offical today...I'll be running with AmyBeth68....we are doing both the 5k and 15k.

:goodvibes:

Pardon me if this is the wrong place to post this, but can someone advise whether we will be having WISH team meets before or after the event? (I certainly HOPE so!!!)

I am a complete newbie here and I am trying to plan my trip and book ADRs. If there are things going on with "the Team" I would love to know if advance.

Thanks!

Pardon me if this is the wrong place to post this, but can someone advise whether we will be having WISH team meets before or after the event? (I certainly HOPE so!!!)

I am a complete newbie here and I am trying to plan my trip and book ADRs. If there are things going on with "the Team" I would love to know if advance.

Thanks!

This is the exact place to post that, this is where we will plan meets and such!!
There will definately be WISH meets I just don't know when they start to get planned. Maybe one of the more veteran members can jump in on that. I do know that last year there was a meet at Earl of Sandwich on Saturday evening (I think they did that 2 years now) and Sunday night we went to Jellyrolls.

Again maybe some of the more experienced could jump in . :)
angie

Ms. Mightyduck- Can you fly Southwest? They are offering some really good fares to MCO right now.

I can, and I've been watching. Spirit has a super deal today--$149 r/t for each of us--but DH is giving me a hard time about whether we'll be able to get a good deal on a hotel. :rolleyes: I'm not sure--I may just book the air tomorrow afternoon and see what happens. :eek:

Me too! Me too! I've already registered for the 15K. DH MIGHT run it but hasn't made up his mind yet.

::MinnieMo

Martha....Craig HAS to run it. Tell him so! :)

Wow...we're getting quite a nice list of people here.

Cam...is Howard going too or will he be too busy with school?

Yay! I'm so excited we signed up for the Minnie!!!! Need to add a ticker to my siggie!!! :cool1:

Amy -- Howard would love to go, but alas, will be finishing his last semester finals. :woohoo: :banana:

Martha....Craig HAS to run it. Tell him so! :)

Wow...we're getting quite a nice list of people here.

Cam...is Howard going too or will he be too busy with school?

Yay! I'm so excited we signed up for the Minnie!!!! Need to add a ticker to my siggie!!! :cool1:

My DH Bobby is running it so Scott won't be only guy. And he is actually speedy like you guys ( I used to be before back surgery, and I will be again but probably not by MINNIE :confused3 ) So if he gets tired of running with me he can go off with you guys :)

angie

Thanks!

There's usually a meet at Earl of Sandwich (DTD) on Sat evening, 4:30ish if I remember right. A bunch of folks did get together for Jellyrolls on Sunday.

Nothing's set in stone and if anyone has any other ideas about what to do, holler.

A newbie here, today I took the plunge and signed up for the 15K. After reading these boards and posting my fears of being more of a walker than a runner........the support and encouragement on these boards was the push I needed to 'just go for it'. Thanks to all of you, I am adding a day to the front of our vacation so I will be able to take part in the 15K.
We are staying at AKV from Sunday through the next week, but I'm not sure where we will be for Sat. night yet.
Thanks for all the support and encouragement, you guys are awesome.

My twin DDs and I (who'll be "sweet 16" by then!) are all signed up for the 5K and the Minnie. We'll be at All Star Sports (got the package with the reduced price park passes from Anthony Travel, otherwise we'd probably be at Pop.)

In reality, I suspect they'll do the 5K and hit the parks the rest of the trip while I do the 15K on my own (with my WISH family, of course :thumbsup2 ). With their year-round swimming background, the 15K would be a breeze for them, but they have different priorities -- and Rock n Roller Coaster and Space Mountain trump a 15K any day. :laughing:

We'll see.

On a related (slightly) topic, I'd like to get them a gift basket or something special since this will be their birthday trip (a bit late -- their birthday is at the end of April -- but close enough), but the Disney Florist is pretty high -- especially times two! Any ideas? I'm thinking something a bit grown up since it's a special birthday.

Wendy or anyone else who has used Anthony Travel. Any problems? I'd rather just book a room and not deal with the "wait for a discount" game.

Wendy or anyone else who has used Anthony Travel. Any problems? I'd rather just book a room and not deal with the "wait for a discount" game.

I have used Anthony Travel several times now and it was a breeze. Last year for MINNIE I had to call and change so many times due to crazy family members who kept changing their mind :) and they were very accomodating and everything went very smoothly. I am like you I would rather not wait and risk missing the good rates.

Their rates always turn out to be very comparable to FL resident rates also.
We are using them again this time for MINNIE!!

angie

Wow - it seems like there are a FEW of us staying at OKW! Maybe we should rent a stretch limo to take us all to the race in style. :rotfl:

That's actually not a bad idea.
I would definitely be interested in doing that.....and if not a stretch, maybe one of those 12-passenger mini-vans. It would be fun and economical.

I've used Anthony Travel for two trips and haven't had any problems. I think others have not had the same experience, though. :confused3

The bottom line for me was... well, the bottom line! I could get my girls discounted 2-day park hoppers (I still have unused days on a park hopper, so I didn't need tickets) and our room for less through Anthony travel than I could through AAA, primarily because AAA wanted to sell me a package that included all 3 of us. (No optionfor tickets for just the two of them.) If things were different (if they already had tickets, or all three of us wanted tickets and dining), I'd have gone with AAA. But in my case, for this particular trip, Anthony Travel worked out cheaper.

I always advise looking for deals everywhere -- like car shopping, though, you need to figure out what you absolutely have to have first, then try to get it for the least amount of money.

Good luck, whatever your decision!

OK, so I'm like.... 80% sure I'm going to take the plunge and sign up.... it can be realy tough for me to get weekends off, but if I leave after work on Saturday I can drive up, run the race and get back by noon if I absolutely had to....

Still haven't pulled the trigger quite yet, though.....

Kevin :earsboy:

OK, so I'm like.... 80% sure I'm going to take the plunge and sign up.... it can be realy tough for me to get weekends off, but if I leave after work on Saturday I can drive up, run the race and get back by noon if I absolutely had to....

Still haven't pulled the trigger quite yet, though.....

Kevin :earsboy:

Come on just do it, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO !! :)

angie

I have used Anthony Travel several times now and it was a breeze. Last year for MINNIE I had to call and change so many times due to crazy family members who kept changing their mind :) and they were very accomodating and everything went very smoothly. I am like you I would rather not wait and risk missing the good rates.

Their rates always turn out to be very comparable to FL resident rates also.
We are using them again this time for MINNIE!!

angie

Thanks for this info Angie....I just booked through them also and it's always a bit nerve wracking going through a new (to me) agency...I'm so glad to see they are reliable with good customer service. The rates just couldn't be beat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter