Minnie Marathon 2007 -- WISH Roster (see post 1 for WISH Meets Info!)

:yay: Yay, Lily!!! Give your boss a hug!! ...oh, sorry that may be unethical...but he/she's great to let you have the time off!!! :yay: Anne

Lily- I see in your pic that you wore a WISH tank. I didnt think they said they would work well for women so I didnt order one & would love to have a tank. Did it work ok for you (i.e. sides not too open)? I know we will definately need tanks in May!
I didn't think the sides were too open. I really didn't care. While I don't think running in only a jog bra works for the more mature lady (read old lady me), I didn't have a big problem with showing some...as it turned out I don't think it was much other than the front you could see in the tank. I ended up not wearing the matching green jog bra though...I went with what I was used to in training and knew/thought would work best.

Ooooooooo... I sooooo want to join you ladies!!! It just seems so impossible! I am directing a production of Oliver! that opens the following weekend.. so, that is a really tough time to be away! But believe me.. I am mulling it over in my head how I can squeeze it in!! The more I read these posts... the more I want to come!!!!!! Oh Drat!!

Kathy

Kathy -- Don't you have an assistant director? And didn't you tell me a lot of the kids would be committed to First Holy Communion activities that weekend? Seems a perfect time to me to leave things to your assistant director and your set coordinator and costumes person for a couple days. Demonstrate trust, effective delegation of duties, etc., etc.
Don't you just LOVE how I can corrupt your best intentions. ;)

Come on, sweetie, we'll have SUCH a great time at Adventurers' Club -- and I promise I will actually be conscious this time, even after a HOOPLA! :lmao:

Westcliffemom- (Stacey) Minnie 5K & 15K

Stacey,
You need to add
at the end of the line (with no spaces inbetween)!

Hey everyone...

15 weeks today I am on my way. Wow seems so far away but I have to still work on some distances so 15 weeks isn't a bad thing.

Hope you can join us Kathy.

I think in May I would prefer a tank top with tons of sunscreen, I am a true Canadian I am either red or white....nothing inbetween, I don't even tan a bit.:lmao:

For January I am not sure I always assumed January in Florida was cooler then the weather you all experienced last weekend maybe I should just get one of each.....now just need that lime green sports bra and shorts....:confused3

Have a good one all.

Kim

Is there a information package that we will be mailing for the Minnie???

Also I checked my online reservation and it only has my name not DD's it does have us as a mother/daughter team but not her name should I be worried about this???
Thanks
Kim

Kim, you'll get your information packet at the Expo. :thumbsup2 If you are worried about DD's registration, email wdwsports. Have you checked out disneyrunning .com for last year's map and reports? Robert's got a great site there with a lot of our reports from last year. Hope this helps! :goodvibes Anne

Kathy -- Don't you have an assistant director? And didn't you tell me a lot of the kids would be committed to First Holy Communion activities that weekend? Seems a perfect time to me to leave things to your assistant director and your set coordinator and costumes person for a couple days. Demonstrate trust, effective delegation of duties, etc., etc.
Don't you just LOVE how I can corrupt your best intentions. ;)

Come on, sweetie, we'll have SUCH a great time at Adventurers' Club -- and I promise I will actually be conscious this time, even after a HOOPLA! :lmao:

I actually don't have an assistant director.. but...if my set and everything is in order and on schedule, I may be able to get away... but I won't know that until pretty much a week or 2 before... I may have to just hold out and see what is happening and if I can get away.. just book everything then. I also just found out that I have to move!! UGH!! Going to look at a place tonight... so.... add that to the mix and you have one crazy Valentine! LOL!! The Adventurer's club was great fun and I really am looking forward to doing that again... and Oh.. yeah.. those pics will be up shortly! ;)

Kathy

15 weeks! That is going to fly by!
I have decided that once my weight settles to where it's going to be for the race, I'm going to buy myself one of these to run the race in. It's so adorable and girly (yes, there are shorts built in).

FreeLove_md.jpg

OK, I wasn't going to do the Minnie this year, but with the new medal I was sorely tempted, THEN I saw this package offered by Anthony Travel and I wondered if there were any WISHers like me who might be traveling alone or with a friend or family member who might want to share a room to make this GREAT package more affordable:

The Official Minnie Marathon Weekend Princess Packages Include:

Accommodations
Enjoy views of the African Savannah just outside your balcony! Your package includes accommodations for two (2) or three (3) nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, located just west of Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Each room has a Savannah view, two queen-size beds, table and chairs, ceiling fan, vanity area with two sinks and a bathroom.
Please note: Additional nights are available. Please call (800) 736-6377 for more information.

VIP Access to the Princess Hospitality Suite
Refuel during operating hours for an evening snack on Friday and Saturday and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.

Admission to the IllumiNations Dessert Party at Epcot
Gather on the shore of World Showcase Lagoon for a private evening to view IllumiNations, a rhapsody of laser, lights, fountains, music, and fireworks, which encompasses all of the World Showcase Lagoon. Italy Isola is located on a beautiful bridged island, directly in front of the Italy Courtyard. Event scheduled for Friday, May 4.

Princess Weekend Carriage
Ride in comfort to and from all Minnie Marathon Weekend events with this direct transportation! Transfers will take you to/from the Illuminations Dessert Party and Expo on Friday, the 1-Mile, 5K Kids Events and Expo on Saturday and 15K event on Sunday.

Disney's Magical Express
Disney's Magical Express shuttle and luggage delivery service conveniently takes you from the Orlando International Airport directly to Walt Disney World Resort. Once you have completed your air travel arrangements (not included in package) provide your flight itinerary to Anthony Travel. Disney's Magical Express must be reserved 30 days before arrival (please see below for more information).

Minnie Welcome Gift Basket
Start your Minnie Marathon Weekend with a special gift basket from Minnie herself!

Keepsake Name Badge
Identify yourself as a Very Important Princess (VIP) with your individual name badge.

Plus:
24-Hour On-Site Tour Directors
Taxes and Fees

Official Minnie Marathon Weekend Princess Package Prices
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Per person prices based on adult occupancy (tax inclusive)
Two-Night Package for 3 people is $365 and for 4 people is $299

There's no way I could afford to do this on my own, but I wouldn't mind sharing a room with 3 folks (possibly two folks) to be able to afford this. Of course, we'd need to make certain we all got the gift basket and the name badge, etc.

It's a huge splurge, I realize. Anyone interested enough to try to work something out?

Wendy - I'd be all in if I hadn't already booked AKL :( Next year it's a definite possibility.

I am bringing my DMIL on our girls weekend for her first ever visit to WDW!

Good morning team!!!!

Went out for a walk last night, tough because we have so much snow but kept a good pace. (8.25) per kilometer....I wish that was per mile:lmao:
I received a email from someone at disney sports who said you have to keep either a 16 min mile or 9 min kilometer. I guess this is the same as the marathons. So I still have to work on speed but glad to be under the 9 min km.

Sorry Wendy I am staying at All Stars with DD. Hope you can find someone to share with and can join us.

Have a great day all.

Kim

Wendy - I'd be all in if I hadn't already booked AKL :( Next year it's a definite possibility.

I am bringing my DMIL on our girls weekend for her first ever visit to WDW!

I understand completely! I'm often on my own for my race events, though I'd love to have some family along. That's what made this last Goofy so exciting -- everywhere I turned there were WISHers cheering for me! It was fabulous and made so much difference!

Yikes, need to correct that information I posted about it is a 15 min mile not 16 min. Sorry

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter