Mitch & Tiffiny's December Wishes Wedding!

Hopefully when you get your BEO it should only take one good draft to get things exactly how you want them! I felt like it would take a lot of back and forth (which we don't have time for either) but once we received it we basically went over everything and changed every detail we weren't happy with to things we do want. Even if you have some changes pending when the date comes, hopefully they can give you an extension on your final payment if needed. I'm told DFTW is very, very busy at the moment so even they could probably use a few more days to get the finer details of your day perfect!

Oh & 60 days! Hope you're getting some good Fastpass+ selections together - that's how close it is now!

Hopefully when you get your BEO it should only take one good draft to get things exactly how you want them! I felt like it would take a lot of back and forth (which we don't have time for either) but once we received it we basically went over everything and changed every detail we weren't happy with to things we do want. Even if you have some changes pending when the date comes, hopefully they can give you an extension on your final payment if needed. I'm told DFTW is very, very busy at the moment so even they could probably use a few more days to get the finer details of your day perfect!

Oh & 60 days! Hope you're getting some good Fastpass+ selections together - that's how close it is now!

I know!!!! We've got the Fastpass+ selections done though. We actually leave for the wedding the day after Thanksgiving (11/28/14), so we'll be in the parks on the 29th of November. We had our 60-day until we got there a little earlier than the 60 days before wedding. :) So, it'll be fun when we go. We're sort of nervous about being in the park that early though because we'll still have all the Thanksgiving crowds around. Because of that, we basically made reservations at the buffet at the Grand Floridian (I've never been) for breakfast, and will probably try to do MK on the 29th or 30th of November for one ride--Haunted Mansion. I found out that Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishments while we're there (sad!!!), and the 29th and 30th are the only days we'll get the opportunity to ride it on this trip before they make whatever "improvements" they plan to it (I've heard they plan to put photos on it, like on some of the other rides like Space Mountain). We may just end up spending those first two days in Downtown Disney, or puttering around the resorts to avoid the crowds as much as possible.

Well, my hope is that we become reasonably certain by the first BEO that we aren't going to go over $20K. In fact, my goal is to not go over $18K. After our planning session, when I sensed this could all be an issue with the payment, I decided I would try to get at least $15K paid by the end of October, knowing that gave me only $3K-$5K to need to likely pay by 11/08/14. I thought I would have longer to make any final changes than 30-days out...but looking at the schedule Disney gave me, it doesn't appear that I do. That stresses me out even more.

That said, if anything, I sort of sensed after we didn't get our BEO for a while after the planning session that the money might become an issue. I knew $10K had already been given to them because of the 90-day thing where they want your minimum expenditure. I knew that the final number I wanted to end up at could be as high as $20K, but potentially as low as $18K. So, I decided to pay them another $5K earlier this month...so now we're at $15K. I can pay that off before the end of the month, and still have enough room on my credit card to give them whatever else they need by 11/08/14--given that the number does not exceed $5K.

We were sort of talking about earlier that if you prepare for the worst to soften the blow on price, you can be pleasantly surprised when it comes in lower. I'm hoping that's the case. I'm hoping that whatever I end up giving them is more than they need, so that I get a refund after the ceremony. How cool would that be?

I'm not holding my breath though. :)

Okay...off to homework! I have two assignments left to complete before the end of October that I'm reasonably confident enough that I can finish and pass (hopefully). It just requires focus and dedication...and no Disboards until I'm done. So, when I'm done, I'll be back in here to discuss photography/videography selections (since I haven't really done more than say I've chosen the Roots). For posterity!

Tiffiny

So, am I done with homework? Nope, not yet. That said, my brain is done for the evening. I may try it again later tonight…but for the most part, I’m back to the PJ to try to give my head a rest. I have gotten through the first section of my essay (8 ½ pages!), and so there’s only three more to go! The essay is about developing an ethical workplace within either my own company or another well-known public company. We then have to change the name of the company we choose, and not reveal any proprietary information (I guess if you were using your own company, this would be a concern). So, because of everything going on, I actually decided to pick Disney World! It’s kind of hard…because the essay wants me to talk about ways that the company can achieve ethical performance on the three platforms of “environment, people, and profits.” Doing some research into initiatives that Disney already has in place…they actually do a lot more than I thought! (At least in policy—not sure about practice.) It’s funny though, because the readers will 100% know the company that I’m using. I renamed the company “Widget World” after my cat. The CEO’s name is Richard Igor. LOL!

How can you tell you have Disney on the brain….? Yeah. I do know that I can 100% at least criticize some environmental failings of the company, based on my own experience in September. As far as we could tell, while you can “reuse” your magic band, if you stay on property the next time you come they still send you another band. It’s hugely wasteful. Disney should just allow you to “opt out” of a new magic band if you don’t want one so that you can just reuse the old one. Additionally, they won’ tallow you to pay to reactivate the RFID chips on your refillable resort mugs on your next trip. I understand the RFID chip usage to prevent soda theft…but really, Disney? I can’t come back with my mug to Disney, pay you another $20, and have you just reactive the chip in my old one? It seems hugely wasteful.

Okay…now that the rant is over, I wanted to dedicate a portion of my planning journal to discuss my photography and videography. I’ll do this in two sections, because I realize my writing style is long. I had briefly mentioned in one of the early, early posts that I was using the Roots. I did want to go over why I made that choice though, and also, the portion of my planning session trip that involved them. Also, I wanted to go over my videography choice, since I’ve only really mentioned that decision in the main forum in response to other people looking for videographers. I am so excited for my videography that I just hope they’re not too good to be true…and I felt like I needed to talk about them in this post to really give them a proper introduction.

Now, to begin!

Root Photography
Blog: http://rootweddings.com/blog (caution--super beautiful pictures. I literally have a Pinterest board dedicated to “Favorite Root Photos” from here.)

First off…the Roots. These guys have been 100% my first choice on wedding photography since Mitch and I got engaged December 2012. My step-sister (bridesmaid) introduced me to their photography by first introducing me to the planning journal of LurkyLoo (Carrie Hayward). LurkyLoo got married in Morocco in Epcot (which I initially didn’t even realize you could do—I thought you could only have the $10K venue rental in front of the castle). Everything about her wedding was so beautiful, and I can’t describe how “present” I felt reading her planning her journal and looking at the photos. While much of the credit can go to LurkyLoo herself for her writing style—I think the ‘experience’ of her wedding really came from her photos. The style utilized by her photographers (who I would later come to know as Root Photography) was so in-the-moment and observational. It was “real” and not cheesy. In other words—their style of wedding photography was so different (In a good way) from the other types of wedding photography I had become so familiar with that I just can’t describe it. I was in love…and I wanted them for our wedding.

As we got closer and closer to trying to book our Wishes wedding (which we couldn’t do until December 2013), I think it was probably October or November 2013 that I started to seriously consider our options. I mean, I’d looked around, but hadn’t made any serious inquiries until about a month before we could book. Knowing that the Roots were my top choice, they were the first people I emailed (Gmail says it was the end of November 19, 2013—right around the time Disney ‘penciled us in’ for Japan in Epcot).
The only problem with around this time frame was that I started to worry about whether or not we’d have enough money to really afford both everything I wanted in a Disney wedding, plus Root photography.

Additionally, Disney has this stupid rule (but I can’t really blame them) where they try to “incentivize” you to use Disney Fine Art Photography by saying that if you use them for all your photography at the wedding, you can book your castle portrait session a year out from your wedding date. If you use outside photography, you’re relegated to 45 days.

At this point, I’ll admit I started to freak out a bit. I had already kind of decided earlier in the year that I wouldn’t use DFAP because of the luck LurkyLoo had with Disney for her castle portrait session. I had asked on the wedding boards about using Disney’s services (especially since they’re so pricey, and it looks like you don’t really get a ton), and if anyone was really impressed with them. Lurkyloo popped in with her DFAP castle pictures (she used Roots for her wedding, and then you’re forced to use DFAP for the castle photos). I’m only going to steal one of the photos for length’s sake here, to show just why I was hesitant to use Disney:

(Photo Credit: Disney Fine Art Photography, courtesy of Carrie Hayward’s Travel Babble website, and visual proof as to the hit and miss quality of Disney’s services).

If anyone wants to go see more of her photo shoot, just to prove that this isn’t just one “off” photo, visit her page at: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/wedding/day-6/ and behold the splendor of awfulness.

Those photos upset me so badly, I seriously had to have a meeting with my consultant and DFAP. They were all very nice, answered all my questions…but for all I asked, could not guarantee the finished quality of my photos. And, to a degree—I get that photography sometimes has factors that you can’t control…but these photos really were unacceptable. If you read the blog, LurkyLoo was treated with such disdain when she brought it to their attention, that it even made me nervous to continue dealing with DFTW at all. They should have taken responsibility for the photos, owned it, and given her a new session. I guess they tried, but that was after ignoring her for months and not addressing the problem. That was really disconcerting to me.

As I further investigated DFAP and received feedback from others on these boards, Lurkyloo's experience was not unique. And, apparently, there are a couple Disney photographers that ARE good and are the ones responsible for the spectacular castle pictures you see on the Disney photography website (i.e., Cricket)…but they can’t guarantee your photographer. If they've got only one or two photographers that you can really trust, and they can’t guarantee you’ll get them—then as far as I was concerned, there was a huge chance of jeopardizing some of the most important photos I would ever take in my life.

Not happening.

In addition to this…I was just really concerned about money. Could I get someone as good as the Roots, for less money and get more product? The Roots were on the spendy end of all the photographers I looked at, and it freaked me out. Plus, there were one or two “shots” I wanted that I saw frequently in the portfolio of former DFTW photographer, Regina Hyman, that I thought I’d want (shots uncharacteristic of the Roots' style, so I was pretty sure I wouldn't get the shots through them). When I contacted Regina for pricing, her prices were extremely competitive, and it really felt like I could get more product for the cost, and the quality was also good.

Almost, but not quite the same though. And I could find myself saying that about a bunch of the photographers we looked at that are really popular on these boards. All the photographers were awesome and beautiful…but something was just missing. And maybe "quality" is even the wrong term to use here. All of the photographers we see the work of in Disney weddings are absolutely gorgeous. Perhaps "style" is a better term. And the "style" I wanted just wasn't with anyone else.

I was literally two days away from booking Regina Hyman when I looked at the Roots’ blog again and almost burst into tears. Mitch knew I wanted the Roots, but was conflicted on price. He assured me that it should be the least of my worries, and that we knew we wanted them…and so we should just do it. That’s always been a hard thing for me to do—get the best, even if it costs more—because I grew up counting my pennies and just praying that I never ended up poor. I have anxiety issues…so I think that has a lot to do with that. Mitch, on the other hand, is very laid-back and never really that concerned about anything. He spends more money on spendier products because he believes that the quality is generally (though not always) superior—and therefore, worth the price. He felt the Roots' services were one of those times where the quality justified the costs.

It was hard for me to get on board with that way of thinking (because why spend more when you don’t have to?)—but ultimately, he was right in this case. My heart ascends to the heavens a little every time I look at a new entry in the Roots’ blog. That’s the only way I can describe it, even though I’m aware that it sounds like a massive exaggeration. Their photojournalism style, their use of light and color…all of it was worth more than the “one or two” stylized shots I thought I wanted that other photographers could give me. One or two shots, versus every shot? Their style just resonates with me. And, for what I wanted to walk away with from my wedding—photos that appeared to live and breathe as vibrantly as the day they were taken—it was a done deal.

We booked the Roots.

I stalk their blog regularly and just hope that my wedding pictures come out just as well as these. I felt compelled to share my favorite of all the ones I’ve seen thus far over the past (nearly two) years I've stalked the blog, of a bride and her father at the altar. I find it truly mesmerizing. The photo itself tells a story:

Before I finish out this entry…I will say that we had the pleasure of meeting them for the first time on our trip to WDW for our planning session in early September 2014. We met up at the Boardwalk Bakery and shared a few sweets, stories, and asked general questions. They are sweet, kind, genuine people with a true talent. I cannot wait for them to shoot my wedding. My planner and I discussed my choice to use the Roots in our planning session, and she totally blessed the choice. Apparently, despite the "official" Disney position, the planners all have a crush on the Roots anyway. :)

Tiffiny

Yessssss! I can absolutely follow your whole process in choosing the Roots. Jess was pretty much set on the idea of having DFAP do our photography so that we could book our Castle shoot at the earliest opportunity and not miss out. That castle shot was one of, if not the main thing in Jess' head when it came to why we are having a Disney Wedding. HOWEVER. Jess & I are both film graduates, I've done about 9 semesters of photography specifically and we. are. picky. Like you said, you see the pictures on their site and facebook etc and what DFAP post are amazing. But it's also the tiniest little sample of their overall work. Once I saw Carrie's photos and showed them to Jess, we came to the same conclusion as you about not jeopardising something so important. We're not even having a Castle shoot anymore!

I'm glad you were able to reconcile your worry about the budget with your feelings for the Roots' pictures. I feel like you've definitely made the right choice for your day and in the right way. I know for us it is less about the photographer grabbing shots as it is them capturing moments and they do that like noone I've ever seen. Looking forward to hearing about your videographers!

Yessssss! I can absolutely follow your whole process in choosing the Roots. Jess was pretty much set on the idea of having DFAP do our photography so that we could book our Castle shoot at the earliest opportunity and not miss out. That castle shot was one of, if not the main thing in Jess' head when it came to why we are having a Disney Wedding. HOWEVER. Jess & I are both film graduates, I've done about 9 semesters of photography specifically and we. are. picky. Like you said, you see the pictures on their site and facebook etc and what DFAP post are amazing. But it's also the tiniest little sample of their overall work. Once I saw Carrie's photos and showed them to Jess, we came to the same conclusion as you about not jeopardising something so important. We're not even having a Castle shoot anymore!

I'm glad you were able to reconcile your worry about the budget with your feelings for the Roots' pictures. I feel like you've definitely made the right choice for your day and in the right way. I know for us it is less about the photographer grabbing shots as it is them capturing moments and they do that like noone I've ever seen. Looking forward to hearing about your videographers!

Someone who understands! :) Thanks Ben. Actually, you, me, Elphie, and I think alyaki (I can't quite remember) are all using them. Their work is brilliant.

Speaking of similarities and similar thought processes--I was a film major in college too! Hah! Your eye for film is probably tons better than mine, though. I mean--I can look at something and judge quality (based on my personal preferences, of course) because of my training. That said, my experience in film school was largely focused on screenplay and story. I love the idea of directing and cimenatography...but discovered that I really don't have the talent I wished I had. :( That said, I do not regret the experience for anything (except for the massive debt I have for a degree that won't really get me a job :) ). It was wonderful and fun. Maybe one day, I'll buy a camera again and just putter around with it as a hobby.

I plan on getting the cinematography section up tomorrow in between homework. :)

Tiffiny

OOOH!!! I forgot to say--you guys should at least consider a castle session in the future. I mean, you have annual passes from Disney. Maybe you could sneak in a trip sometime within the year before they expire and get photos?

Mitch and I would like castle pictures...but I've heard they're totally booked already for the time we're there. Le sigh. I'm also heard 2015 is a crapshoot for getting scheduled (and they may not have any dates at all). Ill cry if I can't get a session at some point...but again, I think it's worth the trade to have the Roots in charge of my memories over DFAP's one castle session.

If I can get a session in 2015, I think I'll take the gamble though. Just not on my initial photography.

Tiffiny

I totally understand your reasoning behind going with the Roots. I have no idea if we'll be able to afford them, but they're my favorites of the Orlando area photographers as well. Some of the other ones I've seen glowed about on the Dis are just not our style.

Out of curiosity, what are you studying in grad school? I may have asked you that previously, but I honestly can't remember right now.

I totally understand your reasoning behind going with the Roots. I have no idea if we'll be able to afford them, but they're my favorites of the Orlando area photographers as well. Some of the other ones I've seen glowed about on the Dis are just not our style.

Out of curiosity, what are you studying in grad school? I may have asked you that previously, but I honestly can't remember right now.

No worries, Dana! I'm getting (theoretically) an MBA. I say theoretically because I'm having a hard time pulling together these last two assignments. If I don't past this semester..I'm not sure how worth it it is to go back and waste more money. :/

Tiffiny

Okay! There ARE updates...but probably won't be posted until as late as Sunday. It's midnight, and I need to go to bed so that I can get up in the morning and work on my LAST ASSIGNMENT OF THE SEMESTER.

God, I hope I can get it done tomorrow. Just DONE.

Quick update--got our BEO. It's not terrible, and still something we have saved and "expected." So, I'm not concerned. We did up our floral budget just a smidgen (not too bad), and are scaling back on the actual BEO a smidgen as well (for example, switching out our limousine ride for vans from the hotel to the dessert party and back). Also removing stuff from the brunch menu. My HOPE is to take at least $1,500 out of the BEO...but I'm also not super confident that'll happen. That said, it's not like we got the BEO and thought, "Oh crap! We can't afford this!" We can...just trying to make it a smidgen cheaper than it is right now.

Teaser...my cake costs more money, and for less people, than I've ever seen on this board. I was honestly amazed. All I can say is that it better be sensational looking.

Tiffiny

I just read your whole TR. I absolutely love your cake, and can't wait to see photos of the real thing!

Like others have mentioned, I share your worry about not getting a MK portrait shoot. It's one of the things I really want from a Disney wedding, but I'm not going to take a chance on having terrible wedding pictures so I can book it a year out. Disney needs to realize that most people are not going to choose their photo packages (that are expensive) without being able to choose their photographer! It's nuts. So we went with an outside photographer too. Your wedding is way too important to take a chance that you MIGHT get one of the good DFAP people.

Thanks, everyone! I love this board, because of how supportive you all are. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Do you happen to have a picture, Andee? I'd be interested in seeing how teh bakers pulled off that decoration. Do you know which bakery did it? I get concerned that if, say, Grand Floridian did it (maybe Contemporary? I don't remember where their bakers are), that the Epcot people won't be able to do the same thing. Anyway, I'm just crossing my fingers that the cake looks gorgeous. Tomorrow is 60 days. Holy wow!!!! Tiffiny

Oh shoot I JUST saw this!!

Yes I have tons of photos--- but it might be easier to email them because I am SO bad with putting them on here otherwise.

The Contemporary did the cake. They DID mess up the portrait on top, which was supposed to be the bride and groom portrait for the ride-- why would I want a skeleton solo portrait on an ANNIVERSARY cake???

Can you PM me your email???

Looking forward to hearing about your BEO! Especially the cake - if it's any help to your comparison ours has come in at $500 before all the additional fees like the tax and the delivery and the service charge on that (which I think takes it to something like $637.50). And that's for 21 people. I think you'll definitely find some room to move in your BEO, hopefully your planner is responsive and you can go back and forth on a few items and you might find it easier than you expect to knock out that $1,500!

Well, everyone--

What can I say? I'm lame. I haven't made a post in here in a while, despite the fact that a TON has been going on. Part of the problem is that even with school over, I decided to help a friend edit his book (which isn't anywhere near done yet), getting other stuff ready for the wedding, Thanksgiving, etc. Not to mention, after school got out...I think I just got plain lazy. :/ NOT OKAY.

So, I'll at least try to get one entry done today, and maybe more before we leave. We are officially 20 days out at this point. Three weeks from yesterday, I'll be married. I had a mini-freakout yesterday, and am having one now. Two weeks, 6 days. HOLY CRAP!

So, it looks like the last thing I was really talking about was the planning session. On 10/12/14, it looks like one of the last things I said was, "I plan on getting the cinematography section up tomorrow in between homework." Apparently THAT never happened. So,
I guess that's where I'll start things now.

Cinematography
So, I did a little shopping around on the cinematography--more so that the photography. I think I was always in love with the Roots from day one when my step-sister introduced me to Carrie's PJ...so there really wasn't much that needed to be done to stop me from going with them. Cinematography, however...while I saw a lot of really good cinematography examples through here, nothing blew me away to where I was like, "Yeah! I'm totally going to go WAY over budget to have something that I hadn't planned on."

And it really wasn't planned on. As someone who tried to get most everything figured out as early as possible...cinematography was something early on that DF and I decided we weren't going to spend the money for(videography--but cinematography is the hoighty toighty way of saying videography :) ). I always kind of felt like wedding videos were these cheesy, long things that no one would ever really watch after the wedding, and friends would feel "forced" to watch. I remember looking at theknot.com one day though at a list of the top things that brides regret about their wedding...and videography was right up there.

So, I decided to just do some research "to see" if it was something I felt like I really wanted to have as part of my day. And, after a little bit of looking...turns out, I did. There are some great videographers out there! I looked at a bunch, including some I found through the Disboards. I was also able to find a list through one of the wedding websites (I think theknot.com again, but I don't remember)...and found a bunch that were just really fun. I did some major research into multiple vendors, comparing the "look" of each vendor (who's work looked like film, versus someone who looked like digital video), and then compared all of those with the different elements in the packages that each vendor offered. And, honestly, EVERYONE is shooting digital these days...but some cinematographers "look" more video than others. Getting as far away from the digital video look as possible was important to me. That, and story-telling.

I settled on three different options (all of which I would HIGHLY recommend). The first was a company called Beyond Videography (beyondvideography.com). We talked to the business owner, and he was a super sweet, very chill, awesome guy who just seemed really excited to be a part of our special day. His pricing was probably the most competitive of everyone we looked at, and he just seemed really cool. He's also one of the few people who actually lists his price on his website--which is pretty attractive, because it let me know right away that he was a contender. The quality of his video, for the price and hours included, was really something that was awesome.

The second videographer (that I emailed, but kind of kenw I wouldn't be able to afford) is Jeffery Stoner. He ended up "not being available" for our wedding day...but I'm kind of glad, because if you go look at his work, it's INCREDIBLE. Your wedding looks like a freaking movie trailer, it's so pretty. (No, seriously, go look at stonervideo.com) The weddings he shoots look like they drop bank to begin with on the ceremony...I can only imagine what he charges. He also REALLY has that "film" look to his work that I love so much....such mastery within the medium to make digital video look like that. But, alas...not available. Again, probably for the best. He'd probably have charged me like $5K...which I wasn't willing to drop on the wedding.

Finally...our actual selection...a little company called You and I Pictures (youandipictures.com). It really came down to these guys and Beyond Videography. In the end, the selection was made because I ended up just preferring some of the stylistic choices of You and I Pictures over Beyond Videograhy. Technically, I think they're on par with each other. There's just some little inexplicable "oomph" to You and I Pictures that I decided meant tons to me.

What really sold me was the "Sailboat Wedding.": http://youandipictures.com/staugustinesailboatweddingcinematography/

I wish I knew how to embed the video so that you didn't have to go to an external link!

Seriously, guys...I wanted to CRY after watching that video. CRY. That sounds so cheesy, because it's a wedding video (which most people find super boring). The storytelling in this video though...it just really, really pulled me in. Not only that, but the quality of his film style, use of music, and use of sound....I can't get over it.

They were more expensive that Beyond Videography by only smidgen on the base package...but we ended up having to add more to their package because of how our day is split, Also, we're paying for their hotel rooms for two nights (night before the wedding and night of) because they're coming
from an hour away...and we just wanted to make it as easy for them to be our videographers as possible.

Okay! More to come when I get home and have more time to write. I'm writing this at work on my lunch break...

Tiffiny

And now I'm all caught up!! I was reading everything you posted and when you said you were leaving the day after Thanksgiving I had a moment of HOLY CRAP - that's next week!! I hope you're so especially excited and that you enjoy every minute of Disney & The Roots on your day - I know I don't need to tell you but they were wonderful for me :)

And now I'm all caught up!! I was reading everything you posted and when you said you were leaving the day after Thanksgiving I had a moment of HOLY CRAP - that's next week!! I hope you're so especially excited and that you enjoy every minute of Disney & The Roots on your day - I know I don't need to tell you but they were wonderful for me :)

Oh thanks, Elphie!!! And yeah, the few pictures I've seen from your wedding (both the one you showed us, and the ones that ended up on the Roots' blog) are AMAZING. You look so phenomenally gorgeous!!!!

Tiffiny

So, let’s see what else has happened since the cinematography option stuff…

Well, one of the biggest things that happened is that right around my 45-day mark in mid-October…my planner’s assistant, Amanda, quit DFTW. I know I sound lame that it was devastating for me…but it really was! All the former brides (and those of you getting closer towards your wedding) know that you spend like 90% of the planning process with the assistant, and 10% with the planner. I had gotten so attached to Amanda…told her everything about my wedding…and I just felt like she was the coolest (still do think she’s awesome). So, when she quit so suddenly to accept a new job in a different state, it was so sad!

And not only do I miss Amanda…but on top of that, they didn’t have a new assistant to just throw in there that already knew how to do everything. They’re training a new girl to be an assistant…and she’s apparently so new that she wasn’t able to even try to jump in. So, now basically all of my communication has been going straight to my planner and to the Disney floral planner. They’re both excellent people—and Mikki (my planner) is just awesome. I just have noticed that the communication isn’t nearly as quick anymore, which is totally not her fault and totally expected, given the circumstances. My planner has me and all of her other weddings to handle—so it’s just sad that this all had to happen right before. In all honesty, there are moments were I am genuinely terrified that the lack of a helper person is going to result in everything going to pot on the wedding day. So, all I do is cross my fingers and hope for as beautiful and as perfect a day as many of our other brides have had thus far (looking at you, Elphie!).

Despite that terror, I’ve also had some last-minute awesomeness happen to my guest list! Sadly, my Aunt Eni won’t be able to come, because she got a new job that she can’t take time off of. Her husband (my uncle) will be coming though with his 12-year-old grandson. I was completely anti-kid at the wedding, and am frankly still kind of nervous. We already have a 7-year-old coming, but I totally trust that 7-year-old. The 12-year-old….I don’t know very well, but have communicated to my uncle that if he makes any trouble, the 12-year-old will never hit puberty (not really—but I feel that way).

The really happy additions to the guest list are those of two of my best friends from when I lived in California, two gals named Ginger and Pam. They are seriously two of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I invited them to the wedding in Disney hoping they’d be able to come, but knowing they probably wouldn’t. They had a trip to England planned this year, so I expected that my wedding would take a back seat to that (as it should!). I got word right about the 45-day mark though that they had decided to come, and I am BEYOND WORDS excited. Our only issue is that Ginger, I guess, is terrified of aquariums. She has given me her word that she’ll be okay…but I am really nervous. I didn’t know she was scared of aquariums, and honestly, we didn’t know a year ago when we booked Living Seas that she’d be coming. Too late to back out now…and we just hope that it goes okay!

We have gone back and forth on the BEO several times, but I think we’re just about there. Right now, we’re just figuring out some last minute transportation changes, plus food changes. And who knows? It may just be transportation changes. I pointed out in our most recent BEO (and I swear this is the first time I’d ever noticed this)—but they’ve only charged us for the food and beverages of 20 guests + our photographers/videographers. They totally didn’t charge us for the bride/groom food/beverage. So…I emailed Mikki about that. Hopefully, we hear back soon and discover that it was just an easily-fixable oversight. I BETTER be able to eat. :)

I’ll post final BEO and floral proposal probably by the end of this week. I just need to make sure that everything gets changed that needs to get changed. Somehow though, I think we’ll end up at around $17,500….which is just incredible, if you ask me. I mean, yes, it’s a lot of money. That said, it’s below $18,000 (for some reason, $18,000 was the magical number in my head that I didn’t want to exceed—but it initially looked like we were at $19,000). So, to get everything to $17,500-ish, and not have to sacrifice the stuff I really wanted is pretty cool. :)

And, finally, all cake details have been worked out. You will all die when you see what I’m spending on the cake. That said….it will be INCREDIBLE!!!!

Tiffiny

That's awesome that your two friends will be able to make it :) And yay for deciding on your videographer! I can't wait to see your cake. I'm sure it'll look awesome.

Oh my gosh—this is what happens when you don’t keep up on your planning journal! You totally forget stuff.

So, about two Saturdays ago, we finally sent out all of our invitations (most, at least). We actually sent out the ones for the wedding at Disney more than six months ago (I think…can’t remember). We do have a reception at home for our many family members and friends that will not be able to attend the Disney wedding, so we sent out an invitation for that. I probably could have posted the invite in an earlier post…but I kept forgetting to get near a scanner to be able to do it. So, in sending out all the invitations, I got DF to get to a scanner and make pretty scans of our invitations!

FRONT

You can see the line down the center—so you basically fold it open. When you fold it open, the next photo (below) are the two flaps.

SIDE FLAPS (ON INSIDE)

INSIDE CENTER PANEL

And finally…

BACK

We also ended up creating an additional insert for the invitations for the reception that includes additional registry information. Our goal was to direct everyone to the Disney registry (because hey, we’d rather have the money for the vacation)—but our parents both kept telling us that if we didn’t register at stores, people would just buy us crap we didn’t want. So, we registered at Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond as well. It just seems so silly though. People may think the Disney wedding registry is tacky (because it’s essentially asking for cash)—but I almost think it’s tackier to register at places like Target when I already have everything I could ever need. I’m an old maid—I already have all my kitchen stuff. If you go to the Target registry, we literally have gift cards and CDs on there because we didn’t need anything else. For fun, we added a $1,500 television and the “50 Shades of Grey” trilogy. (I’d die laughing if I got that.)

In addition to the invitations, I also had my one and only wedding shower last week. My cousin (who I probably hadn’t physically seen in at least three years) threw it for me. It was such a sweet gesture. Not many people were there, but tons of food. :)

One of the best parts of the shower? Having my cousins tell me that their kids loved the invitations and thought that we were either having a birthday party, or if they could come to Disney. AH HAH HAH HAH! :) We've also had a lot of adults comment on them being cute. So, I feel like I've done my job!

And the final thing for tonight…the dress!
I don’t remember if I ever mentioned in this PJ how devastated I was at one of the initial fittings of my Belle 206 dress because there were little puckers in the bodice. So upset…I was crying. By the final fitting though, I got it back and it looked okay…so I figured there was just nothing that could be done and I’d have to live with it. I would notice the puckers…but probably no one else will.

So…without further ado…my dress!

You can’t really tell in the pictures (which is why we think it’ll be okay)…but there are small puckers in the bodice. They drive me nuts…but I guess we’ll just have to be okay. That said, I was so upset about it initially, that it really bugged my mom.

So, what did my mom do? A really dumb, awesome, wonderful thing…but I still wish she hadn’t, because I feel terrible that she did. She went onto Ebay, and for $150, found, bought, and ambushed me with this about two weeks ago:

Cinderella 205. I’d be a lot madder if it were more than $150…but $150 is pretty incredible!

I don’t hate my Belle dress enough though to not wear it. I LOVE that dress, no matter what—so I’m wearing it for the ceremony and reception. For the dessert party in the evening though, I’m thinking Cinderella.

Tiffiny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter