Mk...10/09/03..bad Crowds!

NHLFAN

Disney Dreamer
Hey ,

Just back from a stay 10/05-10/13 and the crowds were heavy....but that's from someone who normally goes the first week of December.

The worst night was Thursday...10/09 at the MK....What a Mad House it was.

I had friends there. I guess MK was NOT prepared for the thousands who streamed in from Epcot closing at 3pm. At least this is what my friends kept hearing from CMs. Over and over they heard CMs and guests saying they've never seen anything like it. I find this hard to believe since they scheduled two night parades. At one point they were in a people jam for 30 minutes. No one could move at all and they were shoulder to shoulder. My friend said had there been a medical emergency no way could they have got help. Scary.

We were there...and I wish we were not! I have to agree that the CM's seemed unprepared for the influx. And I do have a big complaint. We attempted to purchase counter service at 9 pm from the Plaza Pavilion, and were unaware they were closing so early(as the park remained open until the 10 pm Spectro). We could not find a seat anywhere in that area, and there was a roped-off area manned by 2 CM's for "people with a special ticket." By the time the fireworks started at 9, over half of that area was empty, but the CM's did not open it to any of the guests standing nearby who could not see. I felt extremely sorry for fellow guests with small children who had paid so much to be in the park, and their children could not see the fireworks. MK was definitely a madhouse, but we managed to ride a few things before leaving. I had a friend's 12-year-old son, in addition to my DS(who turned 11 last week)and my DD(9), and we waited for 40 minutes to see Philharmagic, 5 minutes to do Haunted Mansion(way cool in the dark, according to the kids), and @ 20 minutes for Splash Mountain at 9:30 pm(again, way cool in the dark). We saw the 10 pm Spectro, then waited FOREVER for bus transportation back to BWV.

We were there, and it was scary! People and CM's were rude and when Wishes was over, people were pushing others in the crowd to get to the exit. We were in a log jam from the garden in front of the castle to the exit for about an hour and with the pushing, I was really concerned for our daughter's safety. Amazingly awful and pretty well put us in a bad mood. Thankfully our vacation was almost over by that point, but MK should have been better prepared.

On the upside, the bus service that night was GREAT! Didn't wait long and usually had two buses loading up for CBR at a time. What MK lacked in preparation for that night, bus transportation definately did not!

Arrived for 8pm Spectro at about 6:45 (meant to get there earlier, but the monorail was delayed on the track twice and took a total of half an hour to get us from TTC to MK). Got a front row spot right across from where the parade starts. As the last float passed us, we followed it around the hub to right in front of the train station where a nice family was just about to leave so we grabbed their bench. Had a snack and waited for Wishes (which was great). Had an excellent view of the castle and fireworks but Tinkerbell was teeny-tiny from our position. After Wishes we trekked to the monorail and got right on back to TTC.

I was there as well! I was shocked!
We were by the CP and people were trying to come over the bridge and you simply could not move.
There was a man SCREAMING curse words at everyone because he could not get a wheelchair through the crowds. Well no one was moving.
After Wishes we tried to go right across walkway to restroom next to Baby Center and there was no way. I saw several people turned away from CP trying to use their restroom. I walked up to guy who checked us in 2 hours earlier when we ate and basically said I just spent $85.00 in this restaurant 2 hours ago- I'm taking my DD to the restroom. They let me in.
My DH told me later a man said his wife was in labor and he was trying to get her out. No clue if they made it or not.
Truly insane!

Originally posted by Mic
We saw the 10 pm Spectro, then waited FOREVER for bus transportation back to BWV.

I thought the park might be busy so we parked our rental car at the Contemporary Resort and walked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter