• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I noticed last week you couldn't use the search to find the "dessert" party anymore. But you can find a link to it on the tomorrowland terrace restaurant page. there is a link to the garden view and patio view from that page. Not sure about the other dessert partys as I havent been looking for those.

I noticed last week you couldn't use the search to find the "dessert" party anymore. But you can find a link to it on the tomorrowland terrace restaurant page. there is a link to the garden view and patio view from that page. Not sure about the other dessert partys as I havent been looking for those.
Early Morning Magic is also no longer searchable on the site. But you can get to it from a saved link . . .

I am able to pull up the reservation site from the Disney website but still nothing is available that I can see from May 28 and beyond. I need the end of June. I was able to get the Star Wars dessert party for end of June a couple of weeks ago

Seems OK to me, although may be too rushed for some folks. You don’t have to be at the dessert party early or even on time. Frankly, I like going a bit later (although that won’t appeal to everyone).

Figure you’re seated at 6:30ish (could be later), hour for the meal, 5-10 minutes to walk to the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Probably a lot of food back to back, but seems doable.

Have fun!

Thanks! That is a lot of food and I did think about that. Hmm. We also have a BOG lunch reservation. I need to decide which to cancel. But it's good to know we should have time for dinner/dessert party should we go that route.

Thanks! That is a lot of food and I did think about that. Hmm. We also have a BOG lunch reservation. I need to decide which to cancel. But it's good to know we should have time for dinner/dessert party should we go that route.

OT for this thread, but in my humble opinon, BOG dinner trumps BOG lunch. To me, it’s a much better experience, plus you get to see Beast too!

I wanted to pop by and give a rave review for the Plaza Dessert Party.

We are FL AP holders that visit often and rarely spend $ on Disney stuff - we don't even eat very many meals on property anymore. In other words - we're cheap. But now that the crowds for the fireworks are frustrating and ridiculous, we rarely see them from the hub... except last week in the spring break crowds, we took family for a couple of days at Disney and it was super important to have a good experience with the fireworks. So, I reluctantly booked the pricey party.

Y'all. What a difference in the usual Main St fireworks experience! We had done MK all morning, hopped to Epcot for the afternoon, and came back to MK just in time to check in for the party at 7pm. We decided to eat dessert first and then grab real food after the fireworks. I was expecting the desserts to be gross but we actually really liked most of it! The fruit and cheese was great, I loved the cheesecake and chocolate strawberries, and my niece loved the sundae and cupcake. It was a tad chilly so we all had coffee or hot chocolate + tea, sparking cider, and juice. They encouraged us to grab some water for later so I threw 4 small Dasani bottles in my bag for the hotel.

The view was fantastic and my niece rolled around on the grass prior, getting some wiggles out. We went all the way left and up against the back fence and had plenty of space. Photopass was there but we don't have photopass and didn't bother taking any pics - she stayed pretty busy and it was a nice touch IMO.

We all stayed so full from the dessert party offerings that we never did get real food! Since we were going to eat in the park ($), that made me feel better about the cost :laughing:

Thanks for all the reviews already shared that helped me decide to book it. We won't hesitate to book it again the next time we're hosting guests!

Last edited:
When I decided to add the dessert party, I moved my Ohana dinner reservation to 4:30 and my BOG lunch to 10:45 breakfast. Figure we will have a big breakfast, and a big late lunch/ early dinner at Ohana. Followed but all the cheese/fruit/desserts at the party.

I wanted to pop by and give a rave review for the Plaza Dessert Party.

We are FL AP holders that visit often and rarely spend $ on Disney stuff - we don't even eat very many meals on property anymore. In other words - we're cheap. But now that the crowds for the fireworks are frustrating and ridiculous, we rarely see them from the hub... except last week in the spring break crowds, we took family for a couple of days at Disney and it was super important to have a good experience with the fireworks. So, I reluctantly booked the pricey party.

Y'all. What a difference in the usual Main St fireworks experience! We had done MK all morning, hopped to Epcot for the afternoon, and came back to MK just in time to check in for the party at 7pm. We decided to eat dessert first and then grab real food after the fireworks. I was expecting the desserts to be gross but we actually really liked most of it! The fruit and cheese was great, I loved the cheesecake and chocolate strawberries, and my niece loved the sundae and cupcake. It was a tad chilly so we all had coffee or hot chocolate + tea, sparking cider, and juice. They encouraged us to grab some water for later so I threw 4 small Dasani bottles in my bag for the hotel.

The view was fantastic and my niece rolled around on the grass prior, getting some wiggles out. We went all the way left and up against the back fence and had plenty of space. Photopass was there but we don't have photopass and didn't bother taking any pics - she stayed pretty busy and it was a nice touch IMO.

We all stayed so full from the dessert party offerings that we never did get real food! Since we were going to eat in the park ($), that made me feel better about the cost :laughing:

Thanks for all the reviews already shared that helped me decide to book it. We won't hesitate to book it again the next time we're hosting guests!

Thanks for the detailed review! Do you mind if I ask what date you went? I am starting to link reviews to Post #1 so people can easily reference the latest info/experiences. Thanks!

Ok, I’m getting a bit nervous that the dates haven’t opened yet. Is there any reason to believe they will be getting rid of this or changing it in some way? We have a short trip planned and basically I planned it around this one event, of course :scratchin

Ok, I’m getting a bit nervous that the dates haven’t opened yet. Is there any reason to believe they will be getting rid of this or changing it in some way? We have a short trip planned and basically I planned it around this one event, of course :scratchin

My current theory is that fireworks times aren't finalized yet. Last year, HEA was at 9pm every single night of the year except for Thanksgiving week and maybe a few other select dates. So far in 2018, we've seen 8pm, 7:55pm, and 8:55pm times. Looking ahead, the calendar has 9pm times starting 4/29; 9:15pm starting, back to 8:55pm starting 8/20, 8:30pm starting 9/1, etc. If you believe the posted HEA times, there's a lot more variability vs last year - which 'could' be impacting the dessert party dates/times getting finalized. Once they make dessert parties bookable, fireworks times will rarely change.

Could be way wrong here, just speculating!

I’m starting to feel nervous too. I’m really hoping they aren’t doing away with it or changing it somehow.

Last edited:
A friend and I attended this on Friday night after a meal at Cali Grill. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend this to anyone on the fence about it. Everything was orderly, we had an amazing spot, great desserts ( I think I had one of everything), and plenty of room to move around within the viewing area.

When my friends decided to go see HEA the next night, without the party, I decided to stay at the room because I knew I would be disappointed with our viewing area and I personally don't like being stuck after the show on Main St. for 40 mins.

AD4C3703-7EA2-48DF-A38C-9869F510ED9B.jpg 6FAA2B89-79BE-4DCE-ABE8-191D7C9173AE.jpg 896D4FCA-6468-4AF1-865E-4C7AD6543280.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter