with you there! I like the idea of Columbia Harbor House , And I wanted to try it for a while now, but I never feel like it when we're in the parks, probably because of the heat.

This is my husband's favorite quick service because lobster rolls. I wasn't in the mood for it in April. But it might work in November. We'll see.

This is my husband's favorite quick service because lobster rolls. I wasn't in the mood for it in April. But it might work in November. We'll see.
Are you going to Epcot in your trip? The lobster roll in the kiosk in American Adventure (Block and Hans?) was amazing last year. It was a huge hunk of lobster on a roll with a butter sauce...my mouth is watering...

FoxC: I love the way you have the first part written out and timed it out. I think it is very efficient and optimizes your time you have from the beginning of the day to the party time. I also think that the HP and CP are close enough that I could use some of the lists you have just replacing some of the special Christmas things. I wonder if many Chrs out at the Halloween party are the same out at Christmas
Some characters are the same (dwarfs, Pooh gang, the Aladdin crew, for instance), but at MCMCP, last year's big draw was Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps. The princes also meet with the princesses at Christmas, which is wildly popular, as are Mary Poppins and Bert. You won't have villains like Lotso, Cruella, Jafar or the Queen of Hearts. Also, Sandy Claws did not come out early at the 2016 Christmas party. So the touring plan will definitely differ, depending on your priorities.

Are you going to Epcot in your trip? The lobster roll in the kiosk in American Adventure (Block and Hans?) was amazing last year. It was a huge hunk of lobster on a roll with a butter sauce...my mouth is watering...

We are, however my husband won't be along for this trip. The majority of my running trips are with my BFF. Because DH says now that he's not in the Marine Corps he's never running again! LOL! I don't think it'll stick, but for now it is what it is. I actually wanted to try the lobster roll at Block & Hans last year, but ran out of time and stomach room! LOL! Maybe this year.

You've sparked me to think about my own party plan. And we'll be at the last party, which is our arrival day. We normally fly in around 1:20 so figure we don't get to the resort till 2:30ish. Then we'll check in and store our luggage in the room and change (or reverse and leave with bell services depending...) . Then catch the bus to MK. I'm hoping we can make it there by 3:15 as you suggested in the regular Halloween party thread. So far I'm thinking:

3:15 - Arrive at MK (I have heard of others getting in earlier than 4, but can't remember how early it was. Might go activate my military tickets while BFF is in line, or might wait till the next day to do that.)

4:00-5:15pm - Jack & Sally (will grab maps and trick or treat bags on our way to J&S. Or maybe take turns getting bags. Will get wristbands entering the park.) Hope to be towards the front of the line...

4:30-5:30pm - Big Thunder FastPass. (If we miss this due to Jack & Sally we can hopefully ride later in the night with little to no wait as it's our favorite so long as it's open.)

Ride Haunted Mansion between the two

5:30-6:30pm - SDMT FastPass

Dinner, probably Cosmic Rays.

Then I need to figure out what our priorities are besides the show, parade and fireworks. I'm thinking we'll do the second parade though. Characters I would like to meet:

Winnie the Pooh crew
Mickey (even though talking Mickey kind of creeps me out, I would like to see him in his Halloween attire)
Jafar
Minnie
Daisy & Donald
Lots o Huggin Bear
Tarzan, Jane and Terk (might try them at the end of the night based on reports from party goers if they meet together)
Gaston & Village Belle?

Besides that I'm thinking we'll stop at a few trick or treat stops, but it likely won't be a huge priority. I would like to get as many of the Halloween specific Magic Shots as possible.

I'm very grateful to those going to earlier parties for sharing what they experience and learn. I've gone to the first Christmas party the last few years and know there are challenges with the early parties sometimes so I am excited to do things on the flip side for the Halloween party!

Just to confirm you’re attending in October?

Thanks for posting your itinerary may I make the following suggestions:

4:00 - 5:25 - Jack & Sally

5:30 - 5:55 - Choose a FP ride closer to SDMT: Winnie the Pooh, Journey of the Little Mermaid or Peter Pan (might have a longer wait due to its popularity?) FP _____ 4:30-5:30 Allow 25 minutes here and 15 min. grace period.

6:00 - 6:25 FP SDMT 5:30-6:30 25min.

QS Grab & Go – *Select QS close by any M&G on your list. Send BFF to get food while you wait in line.

6:30 – 7:30 Suggestions: Magic Shots - Headless Horseman & Poison Apple OR M&G: Pooh & Gang (making their first set)

7:30 – 8:30 - 8:15 Boo To-You Parade / Location?

8:30 – 9:25 - Suggestions: Magic Shots - “Ghostly” image from the list and use Fireworks & Castle as background. OR M&G (Your Parade location is key)

9:30 – 10:30 - 10:00 Castle Show & 10:15 – Fireworks / Location?

10:30 – Midnight – Focus on M&G do rides close by and go ToTing at “Bonus” locations (Firework location is key)

Are you interested in viewing the Creepa Crew on Main Street or Hocus Pocus?
8pm (Oct 7:45pm), 9:15, 10:40 12:00am – Hocus Pocus
Sept 8:35pm, 11:20pm / Oct. 8:20pm, 11:20pm – Creepa Crew
8:30 Sept., 8:15 Oct, 11:15 - Boo To-You Parade

Magic Shot Tips: Take Photo of your photographer, hopefully you can add date & time stamp on your phone or camera and write down what photos he/she takes on your itinerary. This will aid in securing your photos if they don’t show up. Lastly they can do more than one type of MS so be sure to ask them.

*Note: Based on WDW menus, you should write down what you want to eat on a piece of paper and give it to BFF.:wave:

Last edited:
As far as groceries go… I'm not really sure, but I've heard that Garden Grocer is a good one. If I decide only to get dried/nonperishables, might do Amazon prime pantry instead. We did the dining plan last year, because we got free dining, and it was so so much food. I enjoyed it, but it really was more than we needed. And my family is A bunch of big eaters! As far as costumes go, I'm deciding between Belle, Lilo, and Mulan. Mainly because I saw some ears on etsy that I really like. Lol! As soon as I decide and get it together, I'll post a picture. I'll come back and share some of my scrapbook pages when I get a chance. This is graduation week for my oldest daughter, so super busy this week!

The reason I asked, there were quite a few people reporting that Amazon Prime Pantry failed them. Some received notifications that certain items were not available o_O I am a Prime member and will use Garden Grocer at least they'll make it right and there will only be one service charge.:-)

I wish you great weather for the party!! I live here and Matthew was my "first" hurricane, and I am no ashamed to say I was scared spit-less.

I love the parties. MVMCP is my favourite, I always make a personalized shirt at Zazzle and get many compliments on it.

I'm planning on going to MNSSHP this year. Big surprise, I'm going as Marie. White capris, t-shirt, Marie ears complete with jeweled tiara, fluffy fabric from a baby jacket to attach to my shirt for fluffy white fur, a long, white, bushy tail, pink ribbons (of course), and pink stage makeup for my nose. I also have my cattitude in place too!!:cat::cat::cat:

I enjoy the chocolate, but for both parties, the parades, the fireworks, the characters and people watching are the draw.
The CMs really enjoy it when the guests get into the spirit so I let my inner child come out and enjoy playing along!

Have fun!!!

Thank you! I hope you have a blast on your party date too :ccat: I Love your costume idea and hope you post a picture! When is your party?

@margievis

Regarding Scrapbooking: On Post #2 - "Daily Itinerary" I added a link to my Travel Binder just click on it and you'll see that I created a scrapbook page for my front cover. I really love this binder! When it falls apart I'll just slide out that page and use it in my scrapbook.

Just to confirm you’re attending in October?

I'm actually going November 1st.

5:30 - 5:55 - Choose a FP ride closer to SDMT: Winnie the Pooh, Journey of the Little Mermaid or Peter Pan (might have a longer wait due to its popularity?) FP _____ 4:30-5:30 Allow 25 minutes here and 15 min. grace period.

While I love Peter Pan, I can't justify a FastPass for it if BTMR will be closed for the party and it will be open.

QS Grab & Go – *Select QS close by any M&G on your list. Send BFF to get food while you wait in line.

The closest to SDMT, which I'm thinking we'll eat at unless we're doing a M&G right afterwards, is Pinnochio, and that leaves me underwhelmed so I'm thinking Columbia Harbor House might be the closest. BFF is hard of hearing so I'm thinking it might be easier to leave her in line and go order for us if it comes to that.

6:30 – 7:30 Suggestions: Magic Shots - Headless Horseman & Poison Apple OR M&G: Pooh & Gang (making their first set)

Headless Horseman and Poison Apple are both on my to-do list! So are Pooh an the Gang. Maybe grabbing dinner and eating in line for their first set

Are you interested in viewing the Creepa Crew on Main Street or Hocus Pocus?

Definitely want to see Hocus Pocus. Not sure on Creepa Crew though.

Magic Shot Tips: Take Photo of your photographer, hopefully you can add date & time stamp on your phone or camera and write down what photos he/she takes on your itinerary. This will aid in securing your photos if they don’t show up. Lastly they can do more than one type of MS so be sure to ask them.

I never thought of taking a picture of the photographer! But I have had to call for missing photos and date, time and what my child/self was wearing.

Thank you for this. I had been wondering if the Halloween party was worth it, but this has shown me exactly what to expect, and got me excited about it.

I have a few questions. First off, please don't shoot me for asking. :)

We are going August 30th and September 1st. We are going on a cruise on the 2nd so just a very short WDW trip for us. And it will just be hubby and myself, no kids (first ever childless vacation after 19 years of marriage... WOOHOO!). So, with all that in mind, we are not excited about the MNSSHP. We had been planning on going to Epcot and AK on the 30th, and then MK on the 1st. However, now I'm not sure since MNSSHP is on the 1st as well. Will it be crowded on the 1st in MK? Should we flip flop our park days and just avoid MK on the 1st and we'll be fine? Or should we do MK in the morning and early afternoon? If we do this, do we need to buy another ticket for the MNSSHP if we don't want to attend that event? We want to try to avoid the crowds as much as possible to go on as many rides as we can.

Thank you so much!

Thank you! I hope you have a blast on your party date too :ccat: I Love your costume idea and hope you post a picture! When is your party?

Thanks about my costume. I'll have to post pics from when DH and I went as the parents of 101 Dalmatians. I made those too, for heat and comfort. Picture my DH, a 6'3" Pongo. He wasn't the gushy romantic type, but dressing up as a huge dog and walking around in public trick or treating is true love to me. :sunny:

I haven't decided yet on a party date yet, I keep dithering about it. I'll also be going to MVMCP the second week of December. Even though no costume, I always get a custom Disney Christmas shirt from Zazzle. So many CMs have commented on them, they love when the guests get into the spirit of the party.

Can you tell that I love the Disney parties?!?:tongue:

@margievis

Regarding Scrapbooking: On Post #2 - "Daily Itinerary" I added a link to my Travel Binder just click on it and you'll see that I created a scrapbook page for my front cover. I really love this binder! When it falls apart I'll just slide out that page and use it in my scrapbook.
Your binder is really cute! I love the whole planning process for Disney!

I was playing around with your itinerary giving a look at worst case scenario for J&S and it still works out perfectly for you to catch the 4:30-5:30 FP.
I'm banking on BTMR being open and it's usually a walk-on later in the evening. Peter Pan would work best as a FP because it's wait times are consistently high.
Columbia Harbor House would make an excellent choice!
Speaking of choices 6:30-7:30 both are great! Sadly, you only get to pick one:sad1:
You have two options to view Hocus Pocus either 10:40 or 12midnight.
Also note I used October hours for your entire plan Nov should be the same.

If you have missing photos or things missing from them Disney wants as much information about it. Taking a photo of your photographer gives you their name tag, location, date and time. It's easier to take a photo then writing it down and quite frankly I'll never remember all that. Ha!

I think your itinerary is flowing smoothly.

Last edited:
Thank you for this. I had been wondering if the Halloween party was worth it, but this has shown me exactly what to expect, and got me excited about it.

Your welcome! I hope you plan on attending! Let us know what your dates are and think about some costumes!!!:jumping1:

Looking at the first Thursday in October as our best fit. Still at sea about costumes at this stage but will be more Disneybound for me and DH, whereas DD10 will have set ideas I am sure!

I have a few questions. First off, please don't shoot me for asking. :)

We are going August 30th and September 1st. We are going on a cruise on the 2nd so just a very short WDW trip for us. And it will just be hubby and myself, no kids (first ever childless vacation after 19 years of marriage... WOOHOO!). So, with all that in mind, we are not excited about the MNSSHP. We had been planning on going to Epcot and AK on the 30th, and then MK on the 1st. However, now I'm not sure since MNSSHP is on the 1st as well. Will it be crowded on the 1st in MK? Should we flip flop our park days and just avoid MK on the 1st and we'll be fine? Or should we do MK in the morning and early afternoon? If we do this, do we need to buy another ticket for the MNSSHP if we don't want to attend that event? We want to try to avoid the crowds as much as possible to go on as many rides as we can.

Thank you so much!

I think you surpassed your "few" questions - boom! ;)
You would need to purchase a separate ticket for MNSSHP to enter MK at 4pm. The party ends at midnight so you're looking at 8 hours of fun! Tickets can be purchased online, by phone or at the gate (this will cost a little more). Here are the prices for your time frame:

Advance Purchase $74+ tax
AP & DVC $69+ tax
Military $53.25

My Mom wasn't into Halloween either until she took a leap of faith and tried it. Sporting a DC Comic costume "Poison Ivy" we took her trick or treating for the first time in her life and she loved it!

I think MNSSHP will be crowded but not like a regular crowded park day. There are specific areas that will be more crowded like Fantasyland, hub and Main Street. Those are during Halloween Specific Events like the parade, shows and fireworks. Rides should range anywhere from walk-on to 20+ popular ones like Peter Pan, SDMT, HM will see higher waits 45+.

I recommend you watch YouTube Videos about MNSSHP and all that's offered. Please come back and let us know what you decide!:wave2:

Last edited:
Looking at the first Thursday in October as our best fit. Still at sea about costumes at this stage but will be more Disneybound for me and DH, whereas DD10 will have set ideas I am sure!

Oct 5th sounds perfect! I LOVE Disneybounding! Personally I'm not good at it but I love what people put together, so creative and fun!princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter