MNSSHP 9/9 Report

anotherhb

Easy on the Ears
We entered the park early at 4:00 and used our Fast Pass + for Peter Pan and Splash without any problems. Big Thunder was unfortunately down during our window, but we weren't too upset, the crowds and wait times being so low and all. It started to drizzle so we popped in and rode Pirates and luckily by the time we came out of the ride, the rain had stopped. We decided to grab a quick bite at Columbia Harbor House before the official party start and my mac & cheese was particularly cheesy and yummy.

We then made our way to pick up our special SOTMK party cards and took a picture of a rainbow beside the castle on the way. We took so many beautiful pictures of the Halloween decorations and the sunset and storm clouds behind the castle. It really was lovely. I had never seen it like that. We decided to wait to watch the 2nd parade as I had read crowds would likely be lower then. The rain did start again at the beginning of the 1st parade so we ducked under an overhang and waited a bit as not to ruin my Queen of Hearts dress.

Near the end of the 1st parade we headed to try our luck at the 7DMT and low and behold it was a walk on. So we decided to ride again immediately afterwards at which point it was only a 10 minute wait. During the course of the party, I don't think I saw the wait time listed over 30 minutes. After reading a lot of reviews, I had set myself up for disappointment in the ride, but I was pleasantly surprised. The theming was great. Of course I have found myself humming the songs well afterwards. I loved riding it at night as the park was lit by lantern light. I'm sure my experience was even more pleasant because of the gratefully low wait times.

After 7DMT, we stopped by Storybook Treats and got a Candy Corn vanilla soft serve swirl. It was so festively presented with candy corn pieces at the bottom of the bowl as well as on top. We took our treat with us as we scored a spot for Hallowishes and the 2nd Boo To You Parade. It started raining a bit again before the start of the 2nd parade, but luckily it was short lived and they didn't cancel it. Both the fireworks and the parade are so fun and eye catching.

Then we headed to ride the Haunted Mansion. The presentation and lighting during the party is just epic. We took so many pictures of the Mansion and Pet Cemetery lit up. We even got to have an amusing interaction with Renatta. She is fantastic!!

We certainly benefited from the low crowds and the rain cooling things down during the party. I so love Disney at Halloween!!

Sounds great! We will be at the party on 10/3 and would like to go to Columbia Harbour for dinner. Do you know how late it was open? I've seen reports of a 5pm close. Thanks!:)

Sounds great! We will be at the party on 10/3 and would like to go to Columbia Harbour for dinner. Do you know how late it was open? I've seen reports of a 5pm close. Thanks!:)

Last year on Halloween night it was open later during the party. We ate there around 8 pm.

:goodvibes

We ate there at about 6:15 and asked the attendant at the door. He said they would be open until 8:00.

I loved that we got to see 2 versions of the Boo to You parade.

For those wondering, the first parade had rain. So the buccaneer color guard, grave diggers, undead ballroom dancers and riders in the sky dancers weren't doing their normal routines due to it being wet. You could see the gravediggers trying to get the shovels to spark, but it wasn't working.

Also, the only real hitch in the first parade was when Clarabelle's float stalled out at the castle end of Main St., they almost had to tow it, but it started back up and parade continued on. Whatever was wrong, was fixed by the 2nd parade.

In the 2nd parade, it had sprinkled a bit before, but the ground was dry. So the 2nd parade was the normal parade with all the regular routines being done.

Other than that, Jack Sparrow was out at 7pm, we were 3rd in line for him. I also was able to get one of the 5 pin, limited edition pin sets. We stopped at the Emporium and asked and were told where to find them, as they didn't have them out just yet. As well, we also got the SotMK special edition card, they actually punched our wrist band at the fire station for that.

We entered the park early at 4:00 and used our Fast Pass + for Peter Pan and Splash without any problems. Big Thunder was unfortunately down during our window, but we weren't too upset, the crowds and wait times being so low and all. It started to drizzle so we popped in and rode Pirates and luckily by the time we came out of the ride, the rain had stopped. We decided to grab a quick bite at Columbia Harbor House before the official party start and my mac & cheese was particularly cheesy and yummy.

We then made our way to pick up our special SOTMK party cards and took a picture of a rainbow beside the castle on the way. We took so many beautiful pictures of the Halloween decorations and the sunset and storm clouds behind the castle. It really was lovely. I had never seen it like that. We decided to wait to watch the 2nd parade as I had read crowds would likely be lower then. The rain did start again at the beginning of the 1st parade so we ducked under an overhang and waited a bit as not to ruin my Queen of Hearts dress.

Near the end of the 1st parade we headed to try our luck at the 7DMT and low and behold it was a walk on. So we decided to ride again immediately afterwards at which point it was only a 10 minute wait. During the course of the party, I don't think I saw the wait time listed over 30 minutes. After reading a lot of reviews, I had set myself up for disappointment in the ride, but I was pleasantly surprised. The theming was great. Of course I have found myself humming the songs well afterwards. I loved riding it at night as the park was lit by lantern light. I'm sure my experience was even more pleasant because of the gratefully low wait times.

After 7DMT, we stopped by Storybook Treats and got a Candy Corn vanilla soft serve swirl. It was so festively presented with candy corn pieces at the bottom of the bowl as well as on top. We took our treat with us as we scored a spot for Hallowishes and the 2nd Boo To You Parade. It started raining a bit again before the start of the 2nd parade, but luckily it was short lived and they didn't cancel it. Both the fireworks and the parade are so fun and eye catching.

Then we headed to ride the Haunted Mansion. The presentation and lighting during the party is just epic. We took so many pictures of the Mansion and Pet Cemetery lit up. We even got to have an amusing interaction with Renatta. She is fantastic!!

We certainly benefited from the low crowds and the rain cooling things down during the party. I so love Disney at Halloween!!

Great review! Thanks for posting. We love Renatta and Carlotta too. We spent so much time hanging out and interacting with them.

How did you make the FP+ for after 4? Did you link your party tickets? Where you able to make them for all the other days on your MDE?

How did you make the FP+ for after 4? Did you link your party tickets? Where you able to make them for all the other days on your MDE?

We actually only did MNSSHP on our way driving through Florida, so we didn't have any other park tickets. I did link the FP+ to my party tickets from 4:00-7:00 and didn't have any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter