MNSSHP Costume Policy for 2003

mmausse

"Amid a burst of lightning, I'll show up in a flas
A few weeks back, a rumor was circulating on the boards that WDW had instituted a "policy" for adults that if you showed up in a Disney costume that was, in the CM's opinion, better than the current costume by a WDW CM, that the imposter would not be allowed to attend MNSSHP.

MANY discussions have ensued as a result of this rumor.

After reading the countless discussions, I wrote Mr. Weiss for clarification and posted that I would keep all concerned updated.

Here's the update:

I was surprised last Thrusday to receive a phonecall from Mr. Weiss's office thanking me for my letter. In the past, the unofficial policy was to stop some adult guests who may be dressed in costumes better than WDW CMs because of confusion amongst the revelers as to who was who. As a guest who paid money to go to the after-hours party, an adult may not wish to have his/her picture taken countless times. Also, autographs are only to be signed by official CMs in-character.

That said. I was assured that this policy was on a case-by-case basis and was in the past.

I was told that WDW CMs and all WDW personnel are being told NOT to stop adults in costume as long as they meet the criteria on the MNSSHP ticket - i.e. they can see clearly to move about freely, they are not offensive or too scary, and that they won't trip because of length of their costume.

If an adult guest's costume is better than a WDW CM, more power to the guest - for the initiative and wherewithall to do it up right!

Hope this eases everyone's mind's who are still going - WE'LL ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!:hyper: :hyper:

just out of curiosity..Who is Mr. Weiss?
Is he a public relations person who deals with problems?
do you have an address for him? Had a bad experience a few weeks ago and dont know where to go with it(complaint).
thanx

My question is, how can anyone improve on the characters' costumes so as to be better than what the CM's are wearing? Those are pretty much as good as it gets.

Thanks for the update!!!
Good to know!!!

Originally posted by BrianD
My question is, how can anyone improve on the characters' costumes so as to be better than what the CM's are wearing? Those are pretty much as good as it gets.

Not to be obnoxious but easy. Disney costumes are made to be easy wear, easy clean and don't use high end material because of the frequency of use. My Aurora dress, made by my previous room mate and friend Ruthie is exact enough to make picky animators drool. It is TONS better than the parks outfits.

Originally posted by PrincessAurora
Not to be obnoxious but easy. Disney costumes are made to be easy wear, easy clean and don't use high end material because of the frequency of use.

EXACTLY, Princess Aurora. My costume is made of silk - not polyester like the Park costumes. And, other than the headpiece, was made specifically for me - NOT generically for a hundred other people.

Also, in order to comply with the 2003 rules, I will not be carrying Maleficent's staff into the park but it is really neat - I made it myself. It's a long black pole with a self-contained glowing bulb that has dancing spiders running around it. But I don't want it to be mistaken for a "potential" weapon, so home it stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter