• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

I will totally by June 8th only if masks are dropped inside before then or at least a date of when they will , since still can't go with my almost 3 yo till they are gone since he won't wear and not fighting at this point will continue to wait.

Leave it to Disney to keep pushing the price envelope as high as they think it will go. They think folks will be pouring in this fall for the anniversary, so they jacked prices to the moon. So happy I was in Orlando last month, b/c I can't imagine what else Disney will think they can price to the moon between now and then...

The new details make is sound a lot liek Villains After Hours, but it's lacking the stage show, which was the highlight of that event. If it did have a stage show, I'd be all over it! It still sounds good though, especially assuming there will be regular fireworks that ticketed guests can see beforehand.

I am THRILLED! I assumed the pricing based on what I have paid for other DAH events in the past! I am so adding this to our trip :)

So wait... they just announced pricing. If you're a family of 4 - it's going to cost you something in the neighborhood of $700 for a single night in October? Are you good with that?

Just trying to figure out whether I want to buy more Disney stock - or if Disney management has lost their collective minds in charging what they're charging.

I'm so sad they skipped 8/13! So 8/10 is our only option, and we are staying off site, and we are a family of 6. Who knows if there will even be tickets left by the time we can buy them. But my fingers are crossed. Just sad because 8/13 would have been perfect for us.

So wait... they just announced pricing. If you're a family of 4 - it's going to cost you something in the neighborhood of $700 for a single night in October? Are you good with that?

Just trying to figure out whether I want to buy more Disney stock - or if Disney management has lost their collective minds in charging what they're charging.

They are charging what the market will bear. They will have no problem selling tickets. I'm sure we'll be seeing certain nights sold-out for this in short order.

I am going in Aug, so it will be very similar to what I paid in 2019 for an AH event at HS. It was our fav experience on that trip. So for me, the Halloween extras are a bonus for what I am hoping to b smaller crowds and shorter lines.

Leave it to Disney to keep pushing the price envelope as high as they think it will go. They think folks will be pouring in this fall for the anniversary, so they jacked prices to the moon. So happy I was in Orlando last month, b/c I can't imagine what else Disney will think they can price to the moon between now and then...

Everywhere is pushing higher prices, less discounts and such.

What scares me, is that people are so desperate for things to get back to normal that they will be throwing their money at whatever semblance of a party they can get and Disney sees this and realizes (like they do) that they don't have to offer anything more than the idea of a party and the masses will pay top dollar for it....and it never comes back full force. I can tell just from the posts here that once again we're probably going to cut our noses off to spite our faces here. I'm excited too, but I certainly don't want to send the message that we'll pay just as much for a watered down version of a party. They already cram far too many people into them and defeat the purpose as it is.

Fully agreed. I know people are desperate to do anything that resembles pre-covid normal, especially with Disney. But I do think Disney will take false reassured lessons from this (lesson being that people will pay anything for the mouse) and run with it. It will be a decade before they start to realize all the little things they get rid of, all the little things that actually made Disney magical, were needed and will need to be brought back. You would think Disney would learn it’s lessons historically. This is almost similar to what happened when they opened Disney Shanghai. “Oh let’s just build a smaller park, everyone will pay for the IP anyway so no need to spend money on building out the park or the experiences”. I’m cringing.

But I have another general question. If this event has no fireworks, then why do we have any hope that fireworks will somehow return by July 4th to WDW at large? I’ve heard those rumors, but given how this October event will not have fireworks. I now don’t see how they ever get re-introduced before then, despite Disney’s job posting for a fireworks designer recently. I hope I’m wrong about this though, please someone correct me if I am lol.

Last edited:
We love MNSSHP but won't be attending the Boo Bash. Just wondering if it would be better to keep our Tuesday MK day in October when there is a party scheduled, or if we should swap it with our currently scheduled AK day on Thursday of that week? Any thoughts? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter