Mom and Dad and 2 Picky Kids do the DDP ~ With Lots of Pictures!

Great review!! :thumbsup2 Le Cellier is not on my tentative list for September, but only because if I wanted "Canadian" food on vacation, I wouldn't have to leave my home to get it :rotfl2: We're looking forward to a lunch at Boulangerie Patisserie, so I was really interested in your review of that too - those tarts look fabulous! :banana:

As a fellow Canadian, our family thought the same thing and did not even entertain the idea of Le Cellier in our 2007 trip.
We for sure went this trip and it was our best meal, we were on the deluxedp and tried many different meals, but quality and taste could not compare! I hghly recomend this restaurant to anyone going to disney.
The Mushroom Filet is heavenly! :cloud9: I crave this every day, steak here just does not compare. Ironically because their steak is from Australia ( Disney does not want any beef imports with threats of Mad Cow) - our server told us this.
The raspberry chocolate milkshake was the best milkshake I have ever had.
The maple creme brulee was the best creme brulee on property- I tried every creme brulee I could find! :)
Maybe I don't get out much, but the ravings about le Cellier were true!

Wednesday Jan 21st ~

1900 Park Fare ~ Grand Floridian

The food - well I have to say that I was not impressed. It was your average buffet food. Okay I guess, but not as good as Chef Mickey's and not near as good as Crystal Palace. I thought the buffet was rather small too. Although it was never crowded when we went up. The desserts were very good!

Overall 3.5 out of 5
Food 2 out of 5
Service 5 out of 5

....yes I agree the character interaction was fantastic, the food was terrible, not much to choose from and what was there was awful...the desserts were very good (and the cocktails too :thumbsup2 ) but I know we will not go back there.

Different strokes? :confused3

We did 1900PF dinner last September (2008), and it was the favorite of the whole trip for our entire group - a (then) 2.25yo girl, a 5.5yo girl, dh and I, AND my parents! We all agreed the character interaction was beyond compare, and we all LOVED the food we had there. We also enjoyed Chef Mickey's dinner, but we were all unimpressed with Crystal Palace (all the same trip). Go figure! :confused3

Sorry you didn't enjoy that one, but thanks for all the detailed reviews and info!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for your dining report. I enjoyed reading your opinions and seeing your pictures. LeCellier is my favorite restaurant! 'Ohana for breakfast is our favorite character meal. :thumbsup2 I now want to try Big River Grille....I haven't heard much about it before this thread!

How do you cook at home with a child who doesn't eat cheese? It doesn't sound like they eat hamburgers, either. :confused:

I am loving your reviews and all the pics!! We are going in August and I am busy planning our ADR's - for my 5 and 7year old dd's who are picky eaters! It's nice to see that substitutions are allowed - like a grilled cheese with no cheese :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 awesome report :D You rock :goodvibes:goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

we are thinking of going to Le Cellier on our next trip. I was showing my DH your review and he was concerned about the portion size. He keep wanting to see the pictures again. So, I have to ask how are the portion sizes?
Thanks

I know I get full at every Disney meal!

I thought my DH's fillet looked small, but it was very thick. Between his meal and the endless breadsticks my DH was full. He hardly ate any of his dessert. And he likes to eat! So I think you will be just fine! :thumbsup2

As a fellow Canadian, our family thought the same thing and did not even entertain the idea of Le Cellier in our 2007 trip.
We for sure went this trip and it was our best meal, we were on the deluxedp and tried many different meals, but quality and taste could not compare! I hghly recomend this restaurant to anyone going to disney.
The Mushroom Filet is heavenly! :cloud9: I crave this every day, steak here just does not compare. Ironically because their steak is from Australia ( Disney does not want any beef imports with threats of Mad Cow) - our server told us this.
The raspberry chocolate milkshake was the best milkshake I have ever had.
The maple creme brulee was the best creme brulee on property- I tried every creme brulee I could find! :)
Maybe I don't get out much, but the ravings about le Cellier were true!

Glad you enjoyed LeCellier so much too! :goodvibes

Different strokes? :confused3

We did 1900PF dinner last September (2008), and it was the favorite of the whole trip for our entire group - a (then) 2.25yo girl, a 5.5yo girl, dh and I, AND my parents! We all agreed the character interaction was beyond compare, and we all LOVED the food we had there. We also enjoyed Chef Mickey's dinner, but we were all unimpressed with Crystal Palace (all the same trip). Go figure! :confused3

Sorry you didn't enjoy that one, but thanks for all the detailed reviews and info!!! :thumbsup2

Yep, it's funny how people can have such different opinions of the same place. I'm glad you enjoyed 1900 PF! :goodvibes

Thanks for your dining report. I enjoyed reading your opinions and seeing your pictures. LeCellier is my favorite restaurant! 'Ohana for breakfast is our favorite character meal. :thumbsup2 I now want to try Big River Grille....I haven't heard much about it before this thread!

How do you cook at home with a child who doesn't eat cheese? It doesn't sound like they eat hamburgers, either. :confused:

Thanks for reading!

LeCellier is probably our favorite too. We did the Ohana breakfast last year and it was a lot of fun!

Yep, dinner time is tricky around here. But I manage some how! :rotfl:

I am loving your reviews and all the pics!! We are going in August and I am busy planning our ADR's - for my 5 and 7year old dd's who are picky eaters! It's nice to see that substitutions are allowed - like a grilled cheese with no cheese :rotfl:

Thank you!

Yes, I think Disney has probably heard it all over the years in way of picky eaters requests!! Good luck with your ADR's and have a great trip! :goodvibes

Okay, just one more short & sweet review!

Tuesday Jan 27th - Departure day :sad1:

CBR OPR Food Court breakfast

Well come our last day we somehow had 5 CS credits left. I think it was because the very first day only DH and DS9 got lunch when we arrived, DS7 & I just had snacks - there's 2 CS credits not used. Then one day DS7 and I shared that huge meal of chicken and fries at CBR - there's 1 CS credit not used. And then the day that the kids ate lunch on the pirate cruise - there's 2 more credits not used. So anyway we headed over to the CBR food court for a big breakfast around 8:30 or so. This was probably the most crowded we saw the place all week, but still not overly crowded and no lines and there were plenty of tables available. All the stations were open and they all had so many choices.

I'm not even sure which stations we ended up at! I know that DS7 got a bagel at the grab n go station. DH got some huge breakfast platter at another station - from what I can remember he got eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, french toast, and a biscuit. DS9 & I went to another station and got breakfast platters. You can pretty much just pick and choose what you want to go on your platter. I am not much of a breakfast eater, but I got eggs, potatoes, and french toast. DS9 got eggs, french toast, and applesauce. Everything was very good and the portions were very generous. The only thing I didn't care for much was the potatoes - they were good, but a little spicy for me. DH and DS9 love breakfast foods and they loved everything they had!

Disney2009650.jpg

Disney2009647.jpg

Disney2009648.jpg

Disney2009649.jpg

After that we still had 2 CS credits left and some snack credits left as well. I asked the CM at the grab n go station what I could do with the CS credits we had left because we were leaving in an hour. She said that I could get 4 snacks for each CS credit! :faint: So needless to say we came home with quite a few snacks. We got things like bags of peanuts, pretzels, gummies, rice crispy Mickey heads, Minnie's bakeshop cookies, chocolate coins, etc. Actually I think we still have some boxes of cookies left! :goodvibes

Here's a picture of some of the things that we got!

Disney2009665.jpg

awww- I'm so very sad it's over.
What a great review of your trip thru dining:goodvibes

What, if anything, would you want a do-over of?
What were you most surprised with?
If you could replace one meal with another, what would it be and why?

Yes this IS in fact the Inquisition....
hahahahaha-

can you tell that after my makeup artist days and right before my nursing days... I was in television? ;)

Just not wanting the Gastric Fun to be over.:guilty:

:rotfl:

:snooty:
jo

Wow! You sure took home a lot of snacks! We bought two boxes of those cookies. They didn't last long once we got home!

awww- I'm so very sad it's over.
What a great review of your trip thru dining:goodvibes

What, if anything, would you want a do-over of?
What were you most surprised with?
If you could replace one meal with another, what would it be and why?

Yes this IS in fact the Inquisition....
hahahahaha-

can you tell that after my makeup artist days and right before my nursing days... I was in television? ;)

Just not wanting the Gastric Fun to be over.:guilty:

:rotfl:

:snooty:
jo

Hmm. . . All very good questions reporter JO! :mic: :rotfl:

Let's see. . . I wish we would have stuck with WPE for our DTD CS meal, but I'm glad we tried Cooke's and now we know!

My biggest surprise was BRG, wasn't expecting to like it so much. (Especially considering that you liked it! :laughing: ;) )

LeCellier is an absolute must-do if on the DDP! :cloud9:

I'm glad we went to TH and 1900 PF but probably won't go back.

I really missed not going to CP (this was our first trip not going there) and look forward to going back next time.

Thank You so much for sharing with us !! I'm sad to see it come to an end.

I'm glad you didn't lose out on your extra CS credits. I always like taking snacks back home with us, especially "free" ones !!

DD16, Caylin, says "Thank You very much, for answering her ?s about the cheese plate" !!! I'm sure she will get it even if it's not covered.

When is your next trip planned? My DH is leaving for Iraq in April and won';t be joining us for the June trip but I am in the process of booking a land/sea pkg for when he comes home in 2010. I always LOVE planning trips, even the non Disney ones.

So, was the DDP worth it and would we do it again???

Well, I don't know and I don't know! :laughing:

I always come back from WDW and say - I know we can eat way cheaper than the $700 we spent on the DDP. But then a few weeks later, like now, I start thinking about all the WDW restaurants we want to go back to and all the ones that we want to try and think that the DDP is worth it. :confused3

We paid around $700 for the DDP for our 7 night/8 day trip. Nearest I can tell from totalling all the receipts and guessing on a few things, it looks like everything we ate totalled $964. So when you look at it that way then yes it was totally worth it! But if you look at it another way it is not. If we weren't on the DDP we would not have gone to all those places, therefore we would not have felt tied to ADR's all week, we would not have gotten dessert with every meal, and we certainly would not have bought all those snacks to bring home. So I guess it's all in how you look at it and it's a toss up!

I'm sure we could go and eat for less than $700. But we would lose most of our TS meals by doing so. We would probably only do about 2-3 TS meals for the week if we did not get the DDP. So, is that a bad thing? I don't know. We really always feel rushed trying to make it to all the ADR's. Honestly I would be happy with a TS dinner every other day.

It was definitely worth it for all the character meals we have done over the past 3 trips. I think we've been to nearly everyone of them! But now that we have done them and the kids are starting to get over that, that's another thing to take into consideration.

So those are just my thoughts. Not sure if we will do the DDP next time or not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter