Monthly Scrap Clubs

patchchild

Mouseketeer<br><font color=deeppink>Shorties of th
Does anyone belong to any of the by mail monthly scrap clubs? The ones that package and send out a bunch of stuff each month of your membership? I hate trying to get out and get shopping done around my schedule and a couple of the clubs I've looked at seem like they'd be reasonable and a fun way to challenge myself.

Right now, Club Scrap looks like the best fit, since they have a smaller members package which is less expensive.

Anyone with any experience have either good or bad to say about this club or other clubs in general?

I LOVE club scrap! I've been a member for 2years. love it, love it, love it. maggie

I am a Scrap Room member and I love it! You get enough to do 4 2-page layouts (plus!) each month. I like it because you get 4 different lines each month instead of alot of one kind. They're at www.scrap-room.com

Also, if you go to www.willowtraders.com and read the forum, you will see tons of info on all the different clubs available -- like 40+! For all different tastes and budgets. It actually gets hard to choose when you see what's really available. Good luck!!

I did club scrap for 3 years, and the items sent were great and beautiful and high quality-- definetly get your $$$$ worth. BUT--- I found I wasn't using the items. They were sitting in the drawer, on the shelve, and anywhere but on the pages and I just recently stopped my membership with them. If you find that you are using the items, this is a great club to be a part of. If you don't use the items that is $20-$40 you could use towards supplies that you WILL use. see how it goes after a few months then decide.

I love Club Scrap, too, and was a member for more than 5 years. Like tubachick said, very nice, quality paper that you aren't going to find in stores, unique stamps, and related embellishments. They were so nice that I hated to use them, lol. I just stopped :guilty: and I hated to, but I have a cabinet full of Club scrap that I need to use and it just isn't in my budget to keep buying stuff that I don't use. :guilty:

Best of luck! I hope you find a club that you will use, not just collect.

Jeanne

check out www.myfavoritememories.net. I have been a member there for a year and have loved every kit. Their kits tend to have brighter colors (perfect for Disney photos) and always include some very cool embellishments and ribbon!

Oh, and check out their idea gallery! Even if you don't care for the kits, they always have great layouts and altered projects posted.

HTH!

this is a really good thread. it's weird. i have been thinking about this for the past week and you guys have given me some good sites to check out. i think i am going to join one!

thanks for all the info!!!

:paw:

(john says we have to put the clue here!)

I went over to 2Ps and found this link to a huge list of clubs: Monthly scrapbook clubs

If you are shopping for a smaller kit, Coordinates Collections gives you a choice between 2 kits every month. I have ordered from them before and got great service.

Good luck in your search!

candlestix said:
I went over to 2Ps and found this link to a huge list of clubs: Monthly scrapbook clubs

ok i went over there and check out the list.........all i can say is .....holy cow!!!! there are sooooo many to choose from.

thanks very much for that. now i can pick and poke till i find which one to join. wow! :teeth:

candlestix said:

well i went there and i just love the january kit. it say's its sold out and i am soooo bummed. it would have been perfect for my little man. it was all bright colors and boy stuff. i NEED that kit. i emailed the to see if there was any way i could purchase it, but have not heard back from them yet. :( :( :(

Well, I finally decided and Club Scrap is the one for me. Their colors are beautiful, not too wild so I can always coordinate them with anything. Also, I love that they include a stamp pad and stamp every month, what a great way to build up my collection. I admit though, one of their past kits finished selling me. The Written Word kit is gorgeous! I had to order it along with my membership.
Now, if only the 15th of January would get here so that they will mail it all to me...

:hyper:

I hate waiting.....

Hi everyone

Those of you that are referring to club scrap is that the club scrap that is located in Wisconsin. If so I live ten minutes from it. From what I heard recently was they were going out of business soon. I have not gone past the business to see any signs to indicate such. Just wondering....

Eep. It is based out of Wisconsin. They are still advertising for their summer crop weekends so hopeully this is just a temporary problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm a member of Club Scrap (3 yrs) and LOVE it. As far as I know (and I call there to chat regularly) business is growing. They have made some changes (nice ones for members) lately, but there are NO indications of any plans to close.

This year they are sponsoring Rolling Retreats around the country which are open to NON-members as well as members..... One will be April 21-23 in KISSIMMEE, Florida at the Radisson WorldGate Resort! (Virginia in May) See http://www.clubscrap.com/ret06_info_rolling.cfm for more information. I'll be attending the one in Houston this weekend, and their October Main Retreat in Wisconsin, so probably won't go to Florida.

Feel free to contact me for any additional information.

Jane McAshan

I used to be a member, but like others have said...the stuff was "too nice to use" I have like two years worth of kits sitting in my closet intact...perhaps someday I will ebay them...LOL

When my first box arrived from Club Scrap I was terrified of cutting into all that beautiful paper. It was amazing. Fortunately, I have a very level minded friend who gave me a good kick and reminded me that I got it to cut, so just get to it. I love seeing all those pices scattered throughout my other pages.

Oh, and if you're really trying to get rid of some of the stuff, let me know. I'm head over heels for The Written Word and would happily help out with some of your overstock if you ever decide to clear out.

Is anyone a member of an 8 x 8 club that they can recommend. I recently started scrapping in this size and I'm loving it. I'd like to see what clubs offer the 8 x 8 size. Thanks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter