Moonlight magic registration

Yeah no luck again, at least I got a lower number this time. Still bummed to miss out on both registrations.

I am paused at 63.. my highest was 353.
I am sorry I know how disapointing it is. We went to ak party last uear and a couple there said they asked the dvc desk the day of and gave them two tickets. Not sure how it works as it wasn't me but worth a shot.

So only about 300 spots before sold out. So sad. DD was trying for us too. She started at 600 something. I had 3 thousand something.

Pretty crazy. I went on right after it had opened just to see but by 6 minutes after starting they were already at limited availability.

What number were you? I’m curious to know how many numbers it went down before they closed it off. Seemed to be less than 500. I’m glad I didn’t have to partake in the blood bath this morning.

I wonder how many got in in the first round.
If my memory serves me correctly it was roughly 7-8000 that managed to get in. However, that was also intended for both Moonlight Magic dates at Hollywood Studios. I managed to snag mine for September without too much difficulty but I know the May date started having limited availability once it was getting up to the 5000s

If my memory serves me correctly it was roughly 7-8000 that managed to get in. However, that was also intended for both Moonlight Magic dates at Hollywood Studios. I managed to snag mine for September without too much difficulty but I know the May date started having limited availability once it was getting up to the 5000s
Wow, that really sounds so limited. There are 8 wdw dvc resorts, mostly full all the time. Plus, four other dvc sites, am I missing any? No idea how many rooms that makes, but the percentage of those who get in must be really low.

Wow, that really sounds so limited. There are 8 wdw dvc resorts, mostly full all the time. Plus, four other dvc sites, am I missing any? No idea how many rooms that makes, but the percentage of those who get in must be really low.
To be fair, the average family has between 4-5 people so 8,000*(4-5) is likely somewhere between 32-40,000 people among the 2 events so about 20k people per Moonlight Magic

To be fair, the average family has between 4-5 people so 8,000*(4-5) is likely somewhere between 32-40,000 people among the 2 events so about 20k people per Moonlight Magic
So 20 thousand per event, or 5 thousand families. How many WDW DVC rooms are there? Plus those who have dvc but are staying at a non dvc resort . And then the second round of off site people. The math is getting way to complex for me. But still sounds like a really small percentage.

So 20 thousand per event, or 5 thousand families. How many WDW DVC rooms are there? Plus those who have dvc but are staying at a non dvc resort . And then the second round of off site people. The math is getting way to complex for me. But still sounds like a really small percentage.
There's definitely more than 20k just from DVC and it's not meant to include everyone unfortunately. But them capping the number of people who can go makes the event feel more exclusive and the overall experience more enjoyable.

There's definitely more than 20k just from DVC and it's not meant to include everyone unfortunately. But them capping the number of people who can go makes the event feel more exclusive and the overall experience more enjoyable.
Warning pity party ahead, not sure how long these moonlight magic events have been going on, but bought in 2006, and manage to get to one. It really really bothers me since we are here at Disney but that week we are using another member’s points. So we couldn’t try for first shot and missed out today too.

Warning pity party ahead, not sure how long these moonlight magic events have been going on, but bought in 2006, and manage to get to one. It really really bothers me since we are here at Disney but that week we are using another member’s points. So we couldn’t try for first shot and missed out today too.
The second chance at getting Moonlight Magic is really abysmal and I agree it sucks. IMO if I wasn't staying on points I would've bought a room for cash to see if I could get it for that one night and then try and see if I could get Moonlight Magic on the first go around and if not then cancel the room. But if you were renting points then I could see why that's not an option. It's okay, I promise nothing at Moonlight Magic is worth the savings you likely got from renting those points vs. paying cash lol. There will be many more years of Moonlight Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter