More CRV Rumor info

sorry talking about how many buses to replace one monrail train. should have explained better.

I was thinking a 100 - but got told much, much, much less.

Oh now I understand your whole post. I feel like such an idiot. Don't you know I just fake my DIS lingo?

So one monorail carries the same as 15 busses. I kinda expected less than that, say 5-10 tops. I thought I had read the TTC ferries carried more (300 people) so doing the math (One bus can carry 30 people max X 15 busses = 450 people) it just didn't add up.

But for me adding a monorail is just another mode of mass transit. The difference for the passenger is still the same. You end up waiting somewhere for the vehicle to arrive. Arrive at the station just as it's pulling out and you curse the system for being slow.

That's why CRV interests me most of all. I like the decor of GF and my dad loves the tropical feel of Poly, we even like the woodsy amenities of VWL, but only at CRV can you roll out of bed and walk right into Magic Kingdom. The only line you end up waiting in is at the gates. For location it cannot be beat.

Now the question is, will it's monorail proximity to the TTC give it the same advantages as SSR to DTD? A short trip to TTC and you can hop a bus anywhere on property?

Now the question is, will it's monorail proximity to the TTC give it the same advantages as SSR to DTD? A short trip to TTC and you can hop a bus anywhere on property?

worst you don't have to go to TTC to ride buses anywhere - all the WDW parks comes to you. the resorts can be had by simply walking over to the MK and catching one.

I think the 15 buses also has the monrail being faster. this estimate was long, long ago - before they slowed the monrails way, way down. they use to go 45mph - now I think they go 20 mph. Which also adds to the cost of these things.

oh the real train engineers - don't enjoy the monrail - they say everything is computer controlled.:rotfl: It could drive itself.

When I stayed at AKV in Aug, I was told by a hard hat worker ( he was gaurding the doorway to the construction area for AKV) that CRV was a DVC construction,

My guide has also told me he heard the sa,e rumor about CRV.

Tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter