Most Economical DVC resort

My take on it is that if DVC needs to be cost effective for you, you probably can't really afford even the most cost effective resort and would do better staying offsite or in a value or moderate. And from there everything else is an intellectual exercise either used to justify poor decisions or used because intellectual debates are fun - with the first being a problem.

I also do not understand people who can afford DVC but would buy a resort they don't want to stay at because its cheaper. Buy where you don't mind staying is getting more and more important - especially if you book studios. Getting your foot into a door you don't want to go through just risks your foot getting crunched by the door for no good reason.

Lets face it - vacations are not cost effective.

My take on it is that if DVC needs to be cost effective for you, you probably can't really afford even the most cost effective resort and would do better staying offsite or in a value or moderate. And from there everything else is an intellectual exercise either used to justify poor decisions or used because intellectual debates are fun - with the first being a problem.

I also do not understand people who can afford DVC but would buy a resort they don't want to stay at because its cheaper. Buy where you don't mind staying is getting more and more important - especially if you book studios. Getting your foot into a door you don't want to go through just risks your foot getting crunched by the door for no good reason.

Lets face it - vacations are not cost effective.

Depending on when you are traveling home resort doesn't hold much value to me. I wouldn't buy a non-WDW located resort if you're going to WDW all the time but which one you buy doesn't matter much at this time. SSR points are worth the same @ BLT or Poly and cost far less. Both are consistently available @ 7 month booking window.

Depending on when you are traveling home resort doesn't hold much value to me. I wouldn't buy a non-WDW located resort if you're going to WDW all the time but which one you buy doesn't matter much at this time. SSR points are worth the same @ BLT or Poly and cost far less. Both are consistently available @ 7 month booking window.

Studios haven't been at BLT or the Poly - not consistently for consecutive days without the bother of stalking and/or waitlisting.

Depending on your risk tolerance and flexibility, I'd agree. I don't subscribe to the absolute "buy where you want to stay" philosophy but rather buy the least you're OK using. Often they are the same but often not. Certainly the changes in the future can affect the reasonableness, cost and functionality of either choice. One common mistake I see in people buying is they buy high end and use at much easier/cheaper options. IMO it's far better to buy SSR, hate owning there and how it works, sell later and buy what you would be satisfied with rather than buying the top end and using consistently at the 7 month window. OTOH, one who truly knows the system and knows they want something difficult to get consistently, should buy there. Still, basically no one who is new to DVC and doesn't have a ton of DVC resort experience will know what they want. Often they get enamored with the high end options and overspend, more often than not for the wrong reasons.

And I specifically said buying a resort you don't want to stay at. I'm not a fan of "buy where you want to stay" - that's far too limiting a sentiment - I'm the original person who coined "buy where you won't mind ending up."

The 2 offsite locations, Vero and HHI will cost you a bundle in dues and they will just out pace the others at WDW because they are in high risk locations. With the increase in global warming, and the storms that it brings, LOOK OUT Vero and HHI.

Studios haven't been at BLT or the Poly - not consistently for consecutive days without the bother of stalking and/or waitlisting.

They’ve been consistently available at the 7 month mark. Just checked now and with the exception of July 4th at Poly a standard view is available the entire month. BLT is only unavail for July 3-5 for lake & theme park view.

They have been frequently unavailable from October through December - that would mean its "not consistent"

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter