Most famous person from your High School

Wracked my brains. Came up with nothing. Google searched. Came up with nothing. Not surprised despite the fact it was a fairly large high school.

Not me, but my best work friend went to school with, and was friends and in school plays with, Melissa McCarthy

My school - TJ Lang- lineman for the Packers and now the Detroit Lions, although he transferred schools because my high school was never a great football powerhouse.

Nobody particularly famous in my own class, though there is a state assembly member and one published memoirist.

My sister attended the same high school after I graduated. Her classmates included actress Jessica Chastain and American Idol alum Mandisa.

Larry Linville of M*A*S*H is another alum.

The most famous or should I saw infamous person that went to my school was Timothy McVeigh. It happened when I was in school still. News crews were everywhere.

No one famous from my high school. I did work with a girl in high school who hired someone to kill her husband's pregnant mistress. The murder got a lot of press and I think was featured on a murder series on TV, so definitely infamous rather than famous.

Boyz 2 Men, at the High School For Creative and Performing Arts in Philly. They were a few years behind me so I didn't know them personally but they used to stand in the hall and harmonize.
Oh yea!!
I went to school with sudden impact. Also known as the white boys in the BEll biv devoe video

Probably some high ranking members of the KKK. (Yeah, it was that kind of town. :( Makes me sick.). There was no one at my school who ever did anything nearing fame. I even googled thinking maybe I missed thinking of someone. Nope.

I went out with the actor, Jeremy Sisto's step-brother a few times after high school. That's as close as I get to fame!

I never knew all these people went to my high school. These are just a few:

Francis Ford Coppola - director
David Baltimore - Noble prize winner
Amy Bloom - author
Andy Kaufman - comedian/actor
Kenneth Cole - designer
Sarah Hughes - Olympic gold medalist in skating

I am from the same school. Look at my other post in this thread.

My mom graduated with Madelyn Kahn, but she didn't realize it until my friend and I were browsing through her yearbook when we were teens and saw Madelyn's picture. My mom was like "oh yea, I vaguely remember her". Our favorite movie at the time was Young Frankenstein, so we were excited.

my daughters high school

he also had a couple great years for the Tribe, he was really good but also really ugly

I don't know.......I thought he (Orel Hershiser) was kind of cute in a nerdy, geeky way back in high school.

I met him at some Dodgers alumni fan event and he seemed a bit startled when I mentioned our high school, as if I revealed some deep dark secret.

Rod Woodson
NFL Hall of Fame
Played for Pittsburgh Steelers, Raiders and Ravens (won Super Bowl)

Great guy- in my home room
Held football camp at high school when in NFL for kids for years afterwards with Jason Fabini (NFL also same school)

The most famous would definitely be Dame Nellie Melba (born as Helen Mitchell), a world-renowned opera singer of her time. She is on the $100 bill (and some of you may remember her portrayal on Downton Abbey). She attended the school around the time of its opening in 1875 (her father actually built the original school building, although the school moved to a different campus nearly 60 years ago). Although it was clearly long before my time, she actually attended with my great-great-great aunts and her father and my great-great-great grandfather both purchased farmland in the same small country town, so we think there was some connection.

Stephen King was an English teacher at my high school... does that count? That's where he was working when he wrote "Carrie"

That's the best one yet!

From my high school:
Carl Betz; Dr Alex Stone on the Donna Reed Show
Gillian Jacobs--actress, Recreation
Joe Manganiello--actor, True Blood
Ming Na Wen--actress, ER
Daya--recording artist
Terry Hart--astronaut

A bunch of pro athletes

I didn't know any of these people.

No fame at my high school, but Johnny Depp went to the rival high school in the next city over.........
Don Shula's boys played football at a catholic high school in the same city where I grew up. Every year when we played that school for football, the poor man was bombarded by people and all he wanted to do was watch his boys play ball. It was probably like that for him every week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter