Most Outrageous Complaint Overheard

But either way, I am sure I just came off as someone begging for a hand-out. :sad1:
If you'd come off as someone begging for a handout, you probably wouldn't have gotten one.

When I was a CM, a family came up to me with a teenage boy who'd been holding his 2-year-old sister in the show and during the show her diaper leaked all over his shirt.

They asked me where he could find a bathroom to clean up. I got him a new shirt.

If they'd asked me for a new shirt, I'd have told them where the bathroom was.

I'm not trying to be rude here but why would that be Disney Worlds fault? I don't understand why they should replace something that was beyond their control.

Many companies do it, and it's lovely.

Like I said in my post I NEVER complained or asked for anything. We made due with what we had and went and purchased a new shirt. I never asked for anything. My comment was simply saying the CM stood there and saw the whole thing. The cold plastic cup was slippery from the heat. It was brand new, not one bite eaten. Had just been given to my DS.

It's possible that if you had gone up with the empty cup and son with messy shirt and wanted to pay for a replacement, they probably would have offered a free replacement.

Like once DS and DH went out to the coffee place down the road to bring me home a special coffee treat...DS was 4 and was SO excited to be bringing it inside to me...but didn't quite have the passing off skills when it involved a 20 ounce iced drink, and dropped it right on the floor. :( He was SO upset. So he and DH trekked right back down to Tullys, and ordered another (I didn't mind, but DS was just devastated by dropping it), they asked hadn't they just been in, so DS and DH explained, and they refused to charge for it.

Same thing happens at ice cream parlors...

But you have to go and ask for the replacement, unless someone high up enough sees it...a CM cleaning up the seating area probably doesn't have the clout (or perhaps the time) to cause a replacement to happen.

:surfweb: Love this thread. And to think, when my four year old had a Mickey bar and it melted quickly in the 90+ degree heat and fell on the ground...I simply paid for a replacement. It never occured to me to think I was entiltled to a free replacement because my child was four and didn't know any better. I just figured I did know better, as the parent, and dropped the ball on that one!:confused3

Yeah, seriously. My first Mickey bar on our first family trip a few years ago hit the ground within seconds of me opening it, and we were still right beside the cart we bought it from. I had unwrapped it, and was holding it with the stick still down in the wrapper...dd needed help opening her itsakadoozie :laughing: so as I bent over to grab it from her, my Mickey bar just slipped right out the wrapping. An older lady who was right beside me when it happened said, really loudly "OH NO!!!..." and then..."I would just pick that up and eat it anyway, that's such a waste." :laughing:

Many companies do it, and it's lovely.

It's possible that if you had gone up with the empty cup and son with messy shirt and wanted to pay for a replacement, they probably would have offered a free replacement.

But you have to go and ask for the replacement, unless someone high up enough sees it...a CM cleaning up the seating area probably doesn't have the clout (or perhaps the time) to cause a replacement to happen.

It is very possible that I could have gotten a free one if I asked but I honestly never thought to ask, especially considering the CM witnessed it. I guess that just proves that most the time you only get the free stuff if you make a jerk out of yourself as is described in so many posts here. :confused:

Several years ago, my Mom and I had ADRs at the Italian restaurant in the Italy Pavilion at Epcot. While we were waiting to be seated, we could see a man in a heated discussion with the CM at the podium. All of the sudden, he screamed "Who ever heard of making reservations at an amusement park!?!" :rotfl:

Several years ago I was waiting in line to check in at Mama Melrose. There was a couple who were several people ahead of me arguing with the hostess and demanding they be seated. The hostess tried to explain how ADRs are made 180 days in advance and how due to free dining and the Fantasmic pkg, Mama Melrose was extremely hard to get into and they had no openings all week. The couple demanded to see a manager, but apparently someone had already called for him, because he was already walking up. Of course he too told them they were not taking walkups. They kept arguing for awhile, but finally said fine, they'd just place their order to go then and take their food to go, but they wanted one of those Fantasmic passes for all their trouble though and expected a front row seat for it too.:rotfl: The manager explained that they did not do meals to go and that in order to get a Fantasmic voucher the pkg had to be booked ahead of time. The guy really lost it. As he threw his arm back toward all of us who were getting very annoyed with his antics by this time, he screamed out, "Are you telling me all these people made reservations here six months ago!". What was really funny was at almost exactly the same time, almost on cue, everyone of us, yelled back, "Yes, now get out of our way so we can check in". The couple got embarassed and as they slunk out the man yelled back, "Well you're all a bunch of idiots and this is ridiculous". The guy right in front of me yelled back, "well at least us idiots are eating, you're not! Do some research the next time!".:rotfl: I thought for sure there was going to be a fight, but the couple finally slunk off, muttering about how ridiculous Disney was and they'd never be back. I guess he thought he could bully his way in. This was like the first year of free dining, when almost all TS restaurants were turning people away, so I imagine he had quite a few temper tantrums that week. lol

We had a friend and her family who we used to (emphasis on the used to) go to disney with. She complained about everything and anything under the sun. If there was a hair somewhere in her room, you bet she'd find it and then proceed down to the front desk and demand that her room be comped because it ruined her magic. She'd also stay club level and make sure she took as many bottles of water as possible, so she got her money's worth :sad2:
And, whoever the poster was who said they keep a file on you, they do. We were waiting for her to finish complaining at guest relations (popcorn:: it was taking a while). Anyway when she came back she was a little in shock, since the CM and a manager were sitting there reading her file. She seemed to tone down a little after that, but we stopped going with them not long after that so I can't say for sure.

The manager explained that they did not do meals to go and that in order to get a Fantasmic voucher the pkg had to be booked ahead of time. The guy really lost it. As he threw his arm back toward all of us who were getting very annoyed with his antics by this time, he screamed out, "Are you telling me all these people made reservations here six months ago!". What was really funny was at almost exactly the same time, almost on cue, everyone of us, yelled back, "Yes, now get out of our way so we can check in". The couple got embarassed and as they slunk out the man yelled back, "Well you're all a bunch of idiots and this is ridiculous". The guy right in front of me yelled back, "well at least us idiots are eating, you're not! Do some research the next time!".:rotfl:

That is awesome! :lmao:

This was probably back in 1994, Based on who I was with. We were staying at a 1 bedroom in Old Key west first floor. We went out for the day and came back after being out all day (not DVC members) we noticed the patio door was left open. We called the front desk just to let them know and ask housekeeping to be more careful. They aske dif anything was missing and nothing was. My Girfriends Gameboy(original style) was left on the coffee table and wasn't even missing. so we knew nothing was gone. Well they said they would call back. W/in minutes we got a call from houskeeping asking all the same questions. Then she ssaid she would be right up. She got to our room and it was the head housekeeper. We explained again nothing was missing, we just wanted to bring it to their attention to be more carefull. If we had been on an upper floor it would not have been an issue at all. She then proceeded to give us coupons for a free lunch at the restaurant their at OKW. I have always felt guilty, becaus eit was just an honest mistake and the way they were acting I thought the housekeeper might of gotten in trouble and that was not our intention.

If you'd come off as someone begging for a handout, you probably wouldn't have gotten one.

When I was a CM, a family came up to me with a teenage boy who'd been holding his 2-year-old sister in the show and during the show her diaper leaked all over his shirt.

They asked me where he could find a bathroom to clean up. I got him a new shirt.

If they'd asked me for a new shirt, I'd have told them where the bathroom was.

Wonderful!:thumbsup2

We had a friend and her family who we used to (emphasis on the used to) go to disney with. She complained about everything and anything under the sun. If there was a hair somewhere in her room, you bet she'd find it and then proceed down to the front desk and demand that her room be comped because it ruined her magic. She'd also stay club level and make sure she took as many bottles of water as possible, so she got her money's worth :sad2:
And, whoever the poster was who said they keep a file on you, they do. We were waiting for her to finish complaining at guest relations (popcorn:: it was taking a while). Anyway when she came back she was a little in shock, since the CM and a manager were sitting there reading her file. She seemed to tone down a little after that, but we stopped going with them not long after that so I can't say for sure.

Wow! Was she like this in other areas of her life, too? Or was it just Disney thought brought out her bad side?

It is very possible that I could have gotten a free one if I asked but I honestly never thought to ask, especially considering the CM witnessed it. I guess that just proves that most the time you only get the free stuff if you make a jerk out of yourself as is described in so many posts here. :confused:

I've never been a jerk and have been offered some free things without asking so it does happen!:thumbsup2

Wow! Was she like this in other areas of her life, too? Or was it just Disney thought brought out her bad side?

I have a friend exactly like that. If I suggest a hotel for her to stay in out of town, when she comes back it is nothing but complaints about the service, the cost, the this, the that. She not only sees the glass completely empty, she has shards of glass sticking out of her flesh....nothing ever pleases her. But I love her, she is on the dearest persons on the planet and would give you the shirt off her back.

A few years ago, I asked my best friend from work to go with me and not soon after, we added another friend to go with us. About two months before our trip, my friend's father died and she was feuding terribly with her mom and brothers. She would come into work every day, just crying - it was so sad.

We took her out to lunch and surprised her - we paid for her to go with us.

And let me tell you what, it must have been the Disney magic, because her whole personality changed - she didn't complain once about anything..... It actually brought out her GOOD side. I couldn't believe it.:thumbsup2

so reading some of the posts..disney will replace merchandise lost???? omg poor disney for those people who scam them...

but some of these complaints are HILARIOUS!

I work in facilities management, so I know how hard it can be and how costly it can be to deliver things to various buildings. It takes tons of people to coordinate all these things.

I was standing in line at Fulton's General Store one evening and the guy in front of me was complaining about the prices of everything in the store...the restaurants, everything. He complained that he requested extra bacon at breakfast and they had the nerve to charge him $2.00 extra for three pieces of bacon. He said he could go to the local store and get almost an entire package for $1.00 more.
Of course, I go into my Miss-know-it-all and defensive mode and tried to explain about how many people have to physically get that bacon from the suppliers to the warehouse to distribution to the various locations. On top of it, someone has to order it, someone has to receive it, someone has to off load it, someone has to maintain the warehouse that it is stored in and someone has to get it to the various locations, before someone else cooks it and puts it on your place and another person brings it to your table.

By this time, the CM was really intrigued by my knowledge, while the guy looked at me and said, "Who are you?"

Oops.:lmao:

I am so sorry but the bird thing has me laughing so hard...and I don't doubt that it's true! Just the vision of you being stalked by birds trying to get your bagels and you having to throw a bagel piece in your opposite direction to get them to stop stalking you is funny to me for some reason:rotfl: I needed a good laugh today..thank you :cutie:

oh no problem at all, it WAS hilarious as it happened. :rotfl: We simply did not comprehend at first that these birds turned and started coming after us (from about twenty feet away). I use the term stalking because these are those huge gray heron like birds with the single feather things on the head and when they walk the knees do funny things and make them look very deliberate when they move.

The biggest thing was that there were 4 of them and they are huge and we have a healthy respect for wildlife

Oh yeah, she was like that in other area's to. I think part of her enjoyed complaining, made her feel special or superior or whatever, but I also think that life just couldn't be perfect enough for her. :sad2:

A few years back, at the Boardwalk's front desk a woman demanded to speak to a manager, she wanted her money back from the character breakfast she had attended that morning ----at the Crystal Palace which is NO WHERE near the Boardwalk, but she was staying at Boardwalk. Anyway, she wanted her money back because Winnie the Pooh spent more time w/ other children at other tables than he did w/ her child at their table! I couldn't believe my ears, but they did bring a manager out to speak w/ her (don't know what the outcome was) but my husband and I just looked at eachother in amazement.

Wow! She must have felt entitled to more character interaction because she paid more for her hotel? :lmao:

hahahahahaha, thats really funny. sometimes the disney tradition and being "nice" or "polite" to someone doesnt always work well. i will say this, if someone told me to f@*k off infront of my kids i would have LAID THEM OUT! i am a huge disney fan and give people that extra little time, practice patience and pay a huge sum of money to be at the "happiest place on earth" but i WILL NOT let someone disrespect me like that. they would have been going to the hospital and i would have been carted off in cuffs screaming at my GF and kids to have a great day and come get me out the pokey when the parks close hahahaha. :goodvibes:rotfl::lmao:

Welll - I just decided that she wasnt worth it...I took the higher ground...and certainly wasnt going to behave badly in front of my child. I just spoke loudly as I walked off....You see honey? thats someone with VERY BAD MANNERS...GUESS HER MOMMY NEVER TAUGHT HER anything.....Im not sure my daughter even knew what that term meant, and it was clear she wasnt a mother herself. Thats fine karma will come back and bite her...

I wasnt going to let a bonehead ruin my day. It just killed me that she was in SUCH an all fired rush to get through the turnstiles...and THEN after verbally abusing me and rushing me along proceeds to just STAND there looking at the train....:laughing: Ill refrain from labeling her with the terminology I used in my own mind...no need to sink to her level.

This wasn't overheard, but said directly to me!

The last trip I went on, I went with my (now ex) boyfriend during the Christmas season (week between Christmas and New Year's). It was his first trip there and no matter HOW MUCH I tried to prepare him for what was to come, he would not listen to me! :confused3

So when we finally got there, everything was fine for the first day or so, then the complaints started rolling in...it was too crowded, he had to get up too early, we were trying to do too much stuff at once, ect. I informed him over and over again that if he had just listened to me when I tried to tell him what he could expect, we would not be in this situation!! :rolleyes:

Never mind the fact that I worked my butt off to make sure we saw ALL the major attractions, got fastpasses, saw a couple minor attractions, got something to eat, and be ready to go back for lunch and a nap within three hours of park opening...but that's another story in itself. :scared1:

This sounds like DH:laughing:....I budgeted my patookie off to take him for a week for his 50th birthday (DD and I go annually) all the best ressies, lots of attention for his celebration, and by day 4 he wanted to watch tv and "do laundry".(...that means sleep, in case you don't speak my DH) which we were happy to leave him to, as he was spoiling our happy place! MY DD felt so awful :sad2:!! We wanted to share something we loved, and he just complained.

DD and I are going without him this summer, and Nana, a good egg, is coming along!:cheer2:

You're right about his wanting compensation being ridiculous. I would like to add that some of the birds at WDW are scary. There are some tall, aggressive birds that like to hang out at Flame Tree BBQ. We were eating there and were chased away by these birds. I can totally understand that a child could be traumatized by one of these birds.
OMG, I remember those birds-they were huge! There were quite a few ducks too but the ducks were cute. One came up to me and to get my attention he'd nibble on the side of my leg. I felt bad but didn't feed them because really, that stuff isn't good for them anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter