My 14 yr old daughter has been diagnosed with osteosarcoma and I need help

That's ok , we will get through this. Thanks for the hug though.....

I know you will get through this! It is also hard just to deal with the teen issues that come up. I have a thirteen year old granddaughter and
deal with about 168 thirteen year olds 10 months out of the year. I think
Sonia has done extremely well! More prayers and :grouphug: coming your way. You're doing a great job and the bond between you is going yo be stonger than ever.

I read your update on the caringbridge page. I'm glad she had a good night!
As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.:grouphug:

Yes she had a good night , the methotrexate seems to be easier on her than the other two combo medicines that she gets on the first session of each cycle. She has a good appetite with this one and I am grateful for it , anything she wants to eat she gets and I don't care what it is , as long as she eats.

Thanks for the caringbridge updates. It reminds us all to keep you and your DD in our thoughts and prayers (for those of us who sometimes need reminding). I was glad to see that your friends went the extra step to make sure that Sonya was able to get the wig that she wanted. They are an extra special group of people and also deserve prayers of thanks from the rest of us.

Continued prayers for Sonya, for you, and for all of her caregivers, friends, and family.

Thank you for the update. It is great to hear that she is doing better. You,Sonia and the rest of the family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad to see lots of love, support and prayers coming your way. May today be a blessed day for all of you!:grouphug:

Wow! I just read the newspaper article about Sonia and Thomas.
What are the odds that two students that close to each other would come down with the same thing. I will add Thomas to my prayer list as well. It is
very coutageous of them to have their story put out in the paper and by doing so many others will be educated. Who knows how many lives can be saved and how many other teens will draw strength from what they have done. Sonia and Thomas have taken a thing that is negative and turned it into a positive. They are to be praised for their efforts.:grouphug: to all of you!

Myrna they both decided to go public about this for two reasons , awareness and they do not want another child go what they have to go through , like every cancer early detection is the key and osteosarcoma is usually misdiagnosed because it's rare.
We know we cannot prevent anyone from getting it , but we can help detect it early if they know about it.

I agree with what you said. When my boss came down with lymphomic cancer last November, he explained to the faculty, parents and students why
he was taking a leave of absence rather than hide it. The students then learned more about this in their health classes and decided to do a fund raiser to help him. We raise $1,900 and the money was donated to the lyphoma cancer fund in his name. We are overjoyed he is able to return to us
this September.

She is not doing very well today , she's nausiated and tired so she is just laying in bed. The weather is not helping either.....

Sorry to hear she's having a rough day. As always you and Sonia are in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug: for each of you.

Hugs to her Kanga... remember this... she can eat whatever when you are on chemo it is all about getting the calories, which I thought was shocking, but Tom's oncologist had him eating fattening stuff to keep the caloric intake up so that the chemo did not knock him down. He was tired though, never too nauseous, just tired..

Hugs to her..

She is really having a hard time with the mouth sores , we had to increase her IV fluid intake for another two days because her methotrexate levels were a bit high. They went down and the doctor also says the hydration should help with the mouth sores. I hope it does , the poor kid is miserable.

My heart goes out to you! I can only imagine how hard this is on both of you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as always. It is so hard as a parent to watch your child go through pain. A big:grouphug: for both of you.
May the love and caring of your friends strenghten and comfort both of you.

Olga I've been away but you've both been in my thoughts. Poor kid. PM me anytime you want for a chat.

We are going for another treatment tomorrow , god willing everything will be fine and she will be able to tolerate it better than the first one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter