• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My 14 yr old daughter has been diagnosed with osteosarcoma and I need help

We had special prayer for Sonia in church yesterday. We also prayed for the whole family as well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well:grouphug:

My daugther also has osteosarcoma. She too is 14 y.o. She was diagnosed April 2, 2007. Please, contact me. I too am having so much trouble coping and muddling through this ordeal. I am new to this site and cannot figure out if you can find my email or how to work the site well. PoisonRN@aol.com is my email. If I was not is the same sad situation I would not leave the email.
But, I sincerely hope you can email me. Perhaps we can help each other through this. It is hard.
For the mouth sores, glutamine started a day before her methotrexate and through to 7 days after along with prehydration, post hydration at a rapid rate and frequently rinsing with baking soda water,biotene and brushing with a soft brush. The mouthsores go away when the counts go up. Doxorubicin can also cause mouth sores. I am so glad the kids went public. Our case was caught late. Kelly was seen by her pediatrician who did xrays but nothing was seen. I went to a pediatric orthopedist who never re xrayed or did a MRI. He just kept having us come back. I even kept her home from school she could barely walk and they would not see her, just told me to keep her out of gym. It was not until she broke her leg, the tibia and on xray the ED doc saw this. She is cared for at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. All the chemo is inpatient. Please, please contact me.

I would also like it if Apres could also email me.
Susie

Keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers. I read about the mouthsores and they were always checking Tom for that, but he lucked out on that one as he never had them..

Hugs to you both.. let us know how she did, please, when you have a second.

I'M SO GLAD THE TREATMENTS WENT BETTER THIS TIME.
GOD HAD ANSWERED MY PRAYERS. YOU ARE ALL IN MY THOUGHTS.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

This is a link from a little girls caringbridge page that I have followed for years. Anyone can post on it questions or prayer requests. Others may have helpful advice on how to deal with the effects of chemo too.
http://members.boardhost.com/tracysolomon/

Here is what she says about this site:
http://members.boardhost.com/tracysolomon/msg/1188292617.html

FIRST, THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE.

THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS PROVING TO WORK WELL DUE TO YOU AND OTHERS LIKE YOU

LET'S GET THIS THING HOPPING BY POSTING THE WEB ADDRESS (OR JUST POSTING THE WWW.LADYBUGKATIA.COM ADDRESS) ON ANY COMMUNITY, WORK OR PERSONAL FORUMS YOU ARE PART OF. OR WHEN YOU FOLLOW A LINK FOR PRAYER REQUEST, LEAVE THE WEB ADDRESS FOR OTHERS TO SEE. THE MORE PRAYER REQUEST, HELPFUL HINTS, HAPPY HEWS, UPDATES, QUESTIONS AND JUST FUN POSTINGS, THE MORE LIVES TOUCHED AND THROUGH PRAYERS, HELPED

Hope your DD is feeling better!

She is having a very difficult time dealing with nauseasness , I just picked up the zofran pills from the pharmacy because the ones she took until now did not work anymore , come to find out after that they prescribe those for anxiety and sometimes nausea but they did not work anymore. Zofran seems to be giving her some relief.....

Oh dear Olga, poor Sonia. There is nothing much I can say other than:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
I check here regularly for updates and news, and I never stop thinking about you all. Take Care. :grouphug:

Sorry to be out of touch so long; but my internet provider had problems and I
had no email or internet connection. Lots of love, prayers :grouphug: coming your way. I know this is really hard on you as well as Sonia.

I just read the whole link and feel terrible that you have had such a hard month.

I am not too far from you, right between Philly and the Poconos actually, so if you need anything keep me in mind.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter