My cat died while I was at WDW

jx3smom

<font color=navy>Don't ask me to do dishes<br><fon
We were in WDW last week and on Thurs. eve we were at ESPN having dinner and my brother called to tell me my Mr. Red looked really bad. He's the one I've posted about sometimes and he was my 16 yo baby. I asked my brother to get him to the vet quickly and he called back about an hour later from the vets to say Mr. Red probably would only last half a day on his own and that it was his time. We agreed and it completely broke my heart. It was so weird returning home and him not being in his basket to greet me. I was just glad that my brother stopped by because my middle DS was coming home the next morning to take care of the cats for the weekend. It would have been awful for him to find the cat like that.

Also, this morning (we arrived home at 1:00 am) at 7 am MIL called to tell my DH that his 92 yo grandmother passed away. We had expected it and she has not recognized us in over a year but it still is not easy. It is a blessing that she is no longer lingering on. She had been a very active woman when I first met her. My DH was very close to her back then and I feel really bad for him.

I have another trip planned in April and it worries me about going. There was too much sadness on our return this time.

I'm so sorry for both of your losses. Even though you expect a loss, it doesn't make it much easier. As far as Mr. Red, my house is still not the same from my 20-something kitty passing away in January so I know how it feels.

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

jx3smom - I'm so sorry to hear that your trip ended with such bad news.:(

Oh goodness. I am so sorry that you returned from happy times to such sad times. I will remember you and your family in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

It must be awful to return home to such bad news, but I may not put off April trip if I were you. You may need a little extra special something in a month or so.

I am so very sorry to hear about both of your losses {{{hugs}}}

I'm sorry you came home to so much sadness. Losing a grandmother is a huge loss, please offer my condolences to your husband.

It's never easy to lose a well loved pet. So sorry to hear about Mr. Red :(

Katholyn

I'm sorry for your losses.:( I've been there, back in 97 while we were away on vacation(not wdw) we lost our 11 yr old dog. I know how you felt when you came home. It will get better, i now have 2 cats and even though there are days when I'd like to kill them , it will be sad when they too are gone. They are both in a better place , but you are the ones who miss them. have a great vacation next time and agin I am sorry for your losses.

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I hope your April trip brings some joy again.

Oh I'm so sorry for both of your losses :( That is one of my worst fears...returning home to find one of my dear pets has passed on or one of my family members is ill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter