My Disneyland itinerary, any opinions?

AMonir

Mouseketeer
Hi guys! One of my best friends and I are going to Disneyland this Sunday to celebrate her birthday. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, since we live in LA and have annual passes. We've gone a few times together, but we always just decide what to do once we're there, and this time I'd love to plan a lot of special things for her birthday. This is what I'm thinking, I'd love to hear your thoughts, since a lot of these things I haven't experienced yet:

1. Arrive at Disneyland Hotel at 9 AM for a character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. I've never been here before, so I'd love to hear some reviews. I'll probably order her a cake here, although it's weird to eat cake in the morning, but they don't allow cakes at the park restaurants and this is the only non-park restaurant we're planning. Oh well, I guess it's okay to start eating sweets early in the day when you're at Disney!

2. After breakfast, go to Disneyland for the Disney Visa Character Meet 'n Greet. This will be another first, since I just got my Disney Visa. Is the Meet 'n Greet cool?

3. Watch the Snow White show at 11:45. One of our good friends plays the Prince!

4. Birthday character lunch at Ariel's Grotto at 1 PM. Never been here before, would love to hear some reviews!

5. Parade of Dreams at 3:15.

6. Dinner at The Blue Bayou at 6 PM.

7. Disney's Electrical Parade at 8:45 PM. (Haven't seen this yet, is it really good?)

8. Fireworks at 9:25 PM.

9. Fantasmic! Dessert Buffet at 10:30 PM.

What do you think?

You've never seen DEP? Thats just..................Wrong. :sad2: (imho)

p.s. sounds like FUN (take me please!)

Those are lots of fun things. A couple things you might want to juggle a little, eating at Ariel's at 1pm ( 3 course meal) and then dinner at BB at 6pm. Those meals seem a little close together for how expensive and large they are likely to be.

Also it's almost impossible to watch the Electrical Parade (my favorite) in DCA and then make it over to DL to watch the Fireworks. Also with the Fantasmic Dessert buffet you are probably better off to watch EP and then head directly over to check in an get your seats. The riverside seating is assigned by who checks in first.

What a great day you have planned! My only comment is that you have a lot of meals planned in a short amount of time. Goofy's is buffet, Ariel's has a lot of food, BB as well and the Fantasmic is a buffet!!!! Not that I mind a lot of food, but I don't think you will be able to fully enjoy all those great places to eat. Perhaps skip Ariel's (unless your friend is a huge princess fan :) ) and just have appetizers at the Vineyard Room, Cove Bar or something at the Catal Bar.

With regards to Goofy's Kitchen, don't order a cake! If you let them know it is a birthday celebration, the staff will bring out a chocolate Mickey treat with a candle and a song! Same with the other places. Let your server know that you have a birthday girl and enjoy the free birthday treat!

To me that's way too much time spent in restaurants. I can eat enough at Goofy's that I don't really need to eat much the rest of the day. Plus, character meals are minimum 90 minute affairs. Personally, I'd skip Ariels (it's good, but man, that's a lot of food). Meals like that, each only 4 hours apart(actually less by the time you are done--more like 2 1/2), you won't be able to move.

I agree, it's nearly impossible to see the Electrical Parade and fireworks in the same night. I've done it, but it requires seeing the EP right where it starts in Paradise Pier and hightailing it over to DL as fast as you can (no stopping to go to the bathroom or anything).It's a very long walk and you won't get a very good spot for the fireworks. Plus, you'll have to swim upstream in order to get to the Fantasmic Buffet. I assume you're doing the premium seating, and not the balcony, so it's going to take longer to get over there.

I agree with the others- too much eating through out the day, and to many night shows. You'll find yourself stressed trying to get all of that done. And you'll be stuffed to the gills by time you roll out of the parks!

I agree with the others. Last summer in late August (when it wasn't as busy as it is now) we tried to see the ELP and the fireworks in the same night. We sat at the end of the parade route and ran out of there as soon as we saw the last float come around the corner. We got to the DL entrance and we got stuck waiting in line everyone else was doing the same thing. The fireworks started when we were just making it through the line. So we saw the fireworks at the end of main street.

So you will be able to see them if you do both but it will probably be from the end of main street and not in front of the castle! Just to many people and not enough time to get there.

I also think you are eating alot and way to close together. You are going to have a big breakfast you probably don't need a big lunch. I would have a lighter lunch and then go with your dinner at blue bayou. Also who wants to eat when there are rides to be rode!

Thank you guys soo much for the suggestions!! We ended up following your advice and skipping the lunch at Ariel's, so we wouldn't be too stuffed. I definitely want to try that another time though, since I'm a big princess fan! LOVED breakfast at Goofy's, and dinner at Blue Bayou was special as always. We both ordered off the kid's meal for Blue Bayou, which ended up being a good idea since we weren't that hungry and neither of us are a fan of the food there, it's more about the atmosphere. But the mac-n-cheese from the kid's menu definitely hit the spot! We did get hungry between Goofy's and Blue Bayou, so we had lunch at Taste Pilot's Grill, which we always love. Those waffle fries are INCREDIBLE! The Fantasmic! Premium Seating dessert buffet was such a joy, I'll always do that from now on!

However -- we were TOTALLY able to see both the Electrical Parade at CA Adventure and the fireworks from right in front of the castle. We just watched the EP from right where it began at Paradise Pier and left right after we saw the last float and hurried to Disneyland, and we made it to the front of the castle with time to spare. It might be hard to do this with tired kids, but if you're a party of adults, it's no biggie.

Thanks again for all the advice! We had a truly magical time, and my friend said it was one of her best birthdays!! :cool1:

:thumbsup2 Glad you had such a great trip! Aren't the chocolate dipped strawberries at the dessert buffet awesome!

I'm glad to hear that you and your friend had a great time! :cool1:

What a great idea to eat off the kids menu at BB--I was thinking of just scheduling dessert but may revise my plans for our November trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter