• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My experience, my thoughts with housekeeping that might resonate with Disney resorts

I have wondered if DVC will ever require a minimum length of stay because of housekeeping.

This is a question best asked on the DVC boards, but I suspect that would violate DVC's agreement with owners. I know I'd be selling my contract if they ever did that.

This is a question best asked on the DVC boards, but I suspect that would violate DVC's agreement with owners. I know I'd be selling my contract if they ever did that.

Yeah they really can't do that since DVC is a points based system not a "buy into a set week" system.

Also, where ever I am staying at, a Disney resort, a DVC room, anywhere on vacation of sorts, I always keep my room tidy and cleaned up the best I can whether I will have housekeeping or not. Well, especially if I do have housekeeping because I would never disrespect a housekeeper with a filthy mess to clean up. I always think what if that was my job or my mother's job.

The master declarations for all DVC resorts contain language that states that DVC can establish a minimum stay. In the Home Resort Rules and Regulations, Section III, number 4, it states:

Minimum Stay. The current minimum stay at any DVC Resort is one (1) Use Day. However, DVC Operator may require, from time to time, that a minimum number of consecutive Use Days for a particular season or special season be reserved. The number of consecutive Use Days required to be reserved shall in no event exceed five (5) Use Days.

DVC has the authority to impose minimum stays, but it has chosen not to do so.

As noted it is possible and expressly allowed under the guidelines of the POS. I wonder if you were asking the wrong people or asking the question in a different way. It clearly fits into one one possible motive, to minimize admin, clerical and resort FTE's. There are ways to do so without a hard requirement like having a delay before you can book the shorter stays and only allowing the longer ones initially.

Would seem to be possible.

I get that. The accumulated dirt when refusing housekeeping just makes their job more difficult.

For sure. I refused housekeeping at CS two weeks ago when I was checking in, before I saw the room. Got to the room and it was visibly clean, but the new hardwood flooring was filthy. Our socks and feet were black within 15 minutes. I looked under the bed and couldn’t believe the dirt and dust bunnies. With busy resorts and high turnover rooms, I guess they just can’t do things like mop floors between guests on check-out/check-in days. But these floors clearly hadn’t been touched in weeks.

Side note, but there are some really interesting videos on YouTube by former Disney housekeepers, many of whom were in the college program. Their stories of room conditions and treatment by guests are shocking. I recommend watching them sometime. We always try to be respectful of housekeeping, but I was even more so on our last trip since watching those. They see things we’d never want to deal with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter