• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My pod-meet review!

mommyceratops

<font color=red>Covets Clown School<br><font color
I just got home from the most perfect vacation ever! I know how lucky I was to spend two weeks in Disney, and I go to both Pod meets! I want to say how awesome the set up was! The location and food was unbelievable! They went all out!!! :thumbsup2

The first meet, I was so nervous, I almost chickened out in the lobby of the Dolphin! But I decided to go, it wasn’t like I knew anyone so if I made a fool out of myself, I could change my screen name right?! Hahaha. Not like they could hit me! ;) Plus, I had been on vacation with my mom and 2 sons for a week and needed a little break and I had to meet Kevin and Pete!!

I signed in and met Regina, she was lovely! I was so excited to get the Dis unplugged pin and lanyard! (Thanks guys!) (I gave out great publicity and reviews wearing it on my lanyard when I traded pins! It was not for trade!)

So back to the night :cloud9: my nerves were getting better, it was such a very warm feeling. I was starting to wonder what to do next when Cory came up and introduced himself to me! I am sure I said something stupid....then he introduced me to Julie and it came up that they played my voice mail that week so I was so excited! (Cory also showed me some of his art work and he is very talented!) Cory and Julie are so cute and delightful!! :hug:

When I heard Kevin’s voice! I wanted to faint....I think, I interrupted him and blurted out “I could be your best friend!” (we are now btw or I am telling everyone that!) :confused3

Kevin introduced me to John (they are such a wonderful couple!) They made me laugh over Diet Coke or something like that. :rotfl:
I met Pete and wanted to admit I have a huge crush on him! (but I guess I just did!)
I talked to Walter, he is very sweet and it was nice to talk to him.:)
I chatted with Bob and he gave me some great advice! :idea:

I had a great conversation with Ursulashadow and Kathy! They were wonderful!! I think we could of talked all night!!

The second meet! :teacher:

I took my DS7 and DH with me. (DS4 was back at AKV with my mom because he was sick)

My DS7 loves the show, he talked all day about how he was going to meet real radio SUPER STARS! DS7 had a list of questions he wanted to ask Kevin, but he forgot most of them, Kevin sat down and talked to him and that was one of DS7 highlights of his trip (next to talking to Crush at Turtle talk!)

DS7 also got to sit on Kart Kam, another highlight of his trip!

I chatted with Will he is so nice and a great addition to the team. Plus he is from Indiana so he is awesome for that reason also. :cheer2:

I got to talk to SouthernBella and her DH for awhile and that was nice, then DS7 was getting little crazy from a long day so we left, but not before Kevin gave DS a little more chocolate...... I tried to get Kevin and John to take him home with them after that. :lmao:

I was sad Pete was home sick. I hope you are feeling better! I missed you! :flower3:

I think I could of hung out all night chatting! I hope you guys do it again! What about a PodSquad cruise?! :rolleyes1

Thanks so much for everything.

Here is my picture of Kevin :)
_41080208_affleck_garner_getty203.jpg

:rotfl2:

DS on KartKam
Disney07part10168.jpg

SouthernBella and I (I photoshopped in my doublechin! :rotfl2: )
Disney07aj9055.jpg

I sat on KartKam!!
Disney07aj9044.jpg

Very cool pics, mommyceratops! Looka me, I'm famous now!
It was so great to meet you, and Kathy, and everyone...let's do this every year!
Y'know what stinks? We didn't get any pics of Will...now we HAVE to go back.

Mommyceratops, What a wonderful review! You conveyed exactly how I felt about the meet. The Podsquad were so warm and down to earth, that I felt comfortable even though I went to the meet feeling a little nervous and scared. How very cool that you were able to attend both meets!

sounds like alot fun i got to meet everyone on the 6th meet is was alot fun got pics with everyone! got my son to pose with them too! everyone was super nice n funny!

wdw1207337.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pics DisVillianMomma!!

I just saw John's shirt!! I want your shirt John, I love the logo!! Good thing I didn't notice it when I was there (must of been to star struck! :rotfl2: ) I would of ripped your shirt off!! ;)

Hey MommyT!

Glad to see that you had a great vacation. It was a joy and pleasure to have met both you and UrsulasShadow. What was really funny was that I was listening to your review on the email show when I flew down that morning. And the next thing I know, I am chatting with the very person a few hours later. We should have gone out for a drink after the meet. Next meet, promise?!?!

I didn't realize that Julie was in the picture with John, Shadow and myself. Double brush with fame!

I agree, we need a picture of Will.

PodSquad Cruise?? Can you imagine? OK, sign me up!

Hey, I think my sons sat next to your DS for a while at the 2nd meet. He was playing w/ little wooden animals, right?

I felt like such an idiot. I wanted to hang around and talk to everyone, but my boys were bouncing off the walls. I don't know what I was thinking, bringing them and DH - should've just left them in EPCOT while I came over. That way I could've actually talked to some people instead of coming & going so quickly. I'm bummed I didn't get to hang out w/ everyone more. Next time...on a Cruise Meet, maybe :thumbsup2

Hey, I think my sons sat next to your DS for a while at the 2nd meet. He was playing w/ little wooden animals, right?

I felt like such an idiot. I wanted to hang around and talk to everyone, but my boys were bouncing off the walls. I don't know what I was thinking, bringing them and DH - should've just left them in EPCOT while I came over. That way I could've actually talked to some people instead of coming & going so quickly. I'm bummed I didn't get to hang out w/ everyone more. Next time...on a Cruise Meet, maybe :thumbsup2

No way!! That was you!! I loved your shirt!!! My DS was the crazy one!! I thought your boys were angels!! We need to carry our sigs around with us next time, I would of recognized you! :surfweb:

Pod Cruise!! Pod Cruise!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing the pics and info with those of us who could not attend! :goodvibes

Hello mommyceratops!! :wave2: It was so great to meet you at the Dolphin! The event was wonderful!! Thanks to the podsquad for hosting it!

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. Mine came out lousy, so I'm glad you got good ones. It was so good to see all the folks in person. I hope sometime we get to do something like it again!

Denise

Thanks for the great pics and review Mommyceratops! For those of us who couldn't make it to FL :sad1: it was great to hear about the event and to FINALLY see pics of John! I knew he couldn't hide forever! :goodvibes

No way!! That was you!! I loved your shirt!!! My DS was the crazy one!! I thought your boys were angels!! We need to carry our sigs around with us next time, I would of recognized you! :surfweb:

Pod Cruise!! Pod Cruise!! :)

Yep, that was me! My shirt came from the DisUnplugged store at Cafe Press :thumbsup2

That would've been awesome - everyone's signature on the bottom of their nametag! Sounds like a good project for next time ;)

I appreciate the need to see all of us and I have explained my reasoning for not wanting my face plastered all over the internet so.....if the restaurant reviews stop....please understand why.

Based on Kevin's comment above, please remove the pics of the team. While it is fun to put faces with names, I'd hate for the podcast to be affected due to photos being everywhere.

thanks so much for sharing the pics and your review...
wish i could have been there....DD and i were at WDW in november....
maybe next time!!

I'm sure that the pics will be removed as soon as the poster sees Kevin's comment. I was wondering why I was seeing Kevin and John's pic here and elsewhere...I had to swear a blood promise not to post them! (And I didn't...do I get the cruise???)

I'm sure that the pics will be removed as soon as the poster sees Kevin's comment. I was wondering why I was seeing Kevin and John's pic here and elsewhere...I had to swear a blood promise not to post them! (And I didn't...do I get the cruise???)

I just promised nipples up....oh I didn't do that either. I feel like a bad bad person..... :guilty: I am soo sorry! Leave it to Ursula to get me in trouble!!

I got in trouble at DS school today for not listening to instructions! :rolleyes1 Hmmmm..... Guess it's a good thing I already got my Christmas present because I have been BAD!! :sad2:

If we were eatingPrime Time Cafe I would have to put my nose in the corner and everyone say "shame shame...." ;)

Maybe it's not terrible to be bad sometimes - you did win the raffled gift basket after all. :cool2: :santa: :confused3:santa: :cool2: But the bigger question may be who will get to play with the monchichi from the basket - you or the kids? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter