• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My pod-meet review!

If they didn't want pics. up then perhaps they should have made that very clear at the MEETS or just not done the meets. Kevin's comment is really a little ridiculous, most restaurant reviewers are well known and even post their pics with their reviews, get over yourself Kevin ...

If they didn't want pics. up then perhaps they should have made that very clear at the MEETS or just not done the meets. Kevin's comment is really a little ridiculous, most restaurant reviewers are well known and even post their pics with their reviews, get over yourself Kevin ...
You know, they did make it clear...both before the meet and at the meet. I even had a discussion with John and Kevin about an incident that happened in which he was recognized by the restaurant management. It compromised the service they got. This is why they wanted to stay anonymous.
No reason to be rude.

then by all means, take the pics down, obviously some people felt like they didn't need to honor their request --- they should be dealt with on an individual basis ...

I understand where Kevin is coming from but I really enjoy seeing the pictures. I think that there are many other ways that they could be identified besides their picture. I know that a picture is probably the best way to be identified but I think that their are many ways. Such as the fact that they sometimes travel with his mother who has very strict dietary restrictions. These are things that could also give him away. I just think that Disney is too big of a place for every server in the world to be able to know and recognize his face.

The only thing I don't understand is that Kevin's pic is on wdwinfo website in the Press Event Celebrity Sightings article. Granted you do have to search for it, but I thought it was only John who wanted his anonymity.

I apologize in advance to mommyceratops for this brief hijack, but I think it needed to be addressed. I'll remove it if so desired. :upsidedow

Kevin's comment is really a little ridiculous, most restaurant reviewers are well known and even post their pics with their reviews, get over yourself Kevin ...

But Kevin is not most restaurant reviewers. He is trying to achieve the overall experience for the regular Joe's like us. If he were to be known throughout the culinary world of Disney, he couldn't get an accurate review as the manager would see to it that Kevin, John and their guests get special treatment.

There would be no incidents of sad little crabcakes or managers not caring if Kevin and his party left, and in the end, we as guests would be less informed of how the restaurant really is. I, of course, don't want that, and I'm sure the other Pod Squadders don't either.

As for you telling Kevin to get over himself, I highly doubt he's being pretentious. He wants nothing more than to help us out by doing this. By asking for no pictures to be posted, he's basically turning down the chance of receiving the type of service given to special guests. He wants the usual service that the rest of us get.

That is all. Sorry again mommyceratops. :rolleyes1

I apologize in advance to mommyceratops for this brief hijack, but I think it needed to be addressed. I'll remove it if so desired. :upsidedow

But Kevin is not most restaurant reviewers. He is trying to achieve the overall experience for the regular Joe's like us. If he were to be known throughout the culinary world of Disney, he couldn't get an accurate review as the manager would see to it that Kevin, John and their guests get special treatment.

There would be no incidents of sad little crabcakes or managers not caring if Kevin and his party left, and in the end, we as guests would be less informed of how the restaurant really is. I, of course, don't want that, and I'm sure the other Pod Squadders don't either.

As for you telling Kevin to get over himself, I highly doubt he's being pretentious. He wants nothing more than to help us out by doing this. By asking for no pictures to be posted, he's basically turning down the chance of receiving the type of service given to special guests. He wants the usual service that the rest of us get.

That is all. Sorry again mommyceratops. :rolleyes1

I think Kevin's request is fine, I am not upset at all and I apologized to him and John. It was clear and I just got excited and forgot.....

Kevin is not at all pretentious and I agree with you M&M no worries hijack please! I didn't want to open a can of worms! :headache: Or bashing.

I am an adult and I should not of done that, I apologize to everyone. No more bashing or attacking on this thread.....everyone is adults here.....

I don't think this is called for :confused: This board has respected both the podcasters and the pod listeners. Let's remember what time of year it is :goodvibes

Back on topic. I loved all your reviews. For those of us who couldn't make it, this gave us a flavour of the great time you all had.
Keep them coming :thumbsup2

I just promised nipples up....oh I didn't do that either. I feel like a bad bad person..... :guilty: I am soo sorry! Leave it to Ursula to get me in trouble!!

I got in trouble at DS school today for not listening to instructions! :rolleyes1 Hmmmm..... Guess it's a good thing I already got my Christmas present because I have been BAD!! :sad2:

If we were eatingPrime Time Cafe I would have to put my nose in the corner and everyone say "shame shame...." ;)

You see, if you post the pics all over the boards, I won't be able to get a good bid on my pics on eBay, mommyceratops! Purely selfish reasons...

then by all means, take the pics down, obviously some people felt like they didn't need to honor their request --- they should be dealt with on an individual basis ...
I honestly think that we all got a little excited, and because we KNOW that others on this board really wanted to see pics, and we had pics, and the meet was so much FUN...we got a little carried away, some of us forgetting that a few of the PodSquat wanted to stay a little more anonymous. I don't think that it was deliberate or intentional ignoring of a request, and I don't think that anyone needs to be "dealt with". Okay, maybe a few swats with a wet noodle to mommyceratops...:cutie:

I appreciate the kind words....and I'm not trying to be a jerk...But I really like what I do. (Who wouldn't????)

I have already been snagged twice and I believe, as others have said, if that continues to happen, then the experiences will change.

As for most famous restaurant reviewers being well known.....I guess I disagree. The only one that even pops into my head is Gael Greene from NY Magazine and she insisted her caricature be DRAWN wearing a dark veil.:rotfl2:

And please....I'm not suggesting I'm famous or trying to be....but again...I really like what I do and it's been working so far so I'd like to keep it that way.

I am now getting over myself and trying to get out of my own way. :lmao:

Thanks again,
Kevin

I'll tell ya what.. y'all can put my picture up all over here and say that *I* am Kevin.

Then maybe I'll get stellar service when I eat at WDW!! ;)

Giggle.. Hmph.. I should be so lucky.

Knox

I honestly think that we all got a little excited, and because we KNOW that others on this board really wanted to see pics, and we had pics, and the meet was so much FUN...we got a little carried away, some of us forgetting that a few of the PodSquat wanted to stay a little more anonymous. I don't think that it was deliberate or intentional ignoring of a request, and I don't think that anyone needs to be "dealt with". Okay, maybe a few swats with a wet noodle to mommyceratops...:cutie:

:eek: A wet noodle!! Or would I like that? :rolleyes:

I am embaressed to admit, I am 4 weeks behind in the podcasts! :guilty: With vacation, starting a new job and Christmas I am behind in every which way.

So I just didn't get it....I am sure when I get caught up this week I will feel :scared: Although I am looking forward to listening all morning!

:eek: A wet noodle!! Or would I like that? :rolleyes:

I am embaressed to admit, I am 4 weeks behind in the podcasts! :guilty: With vacation, starting a new job and Christmas I am behind in every which way.

So I just didn't get it....I am sure when I get caught up this week I will feel :scared: Although I am looking forward to listening all morning!

Mommyceratops and Ursalasshodow- you BOTH crack me up!!! I love your sense of humor, no worries on the pics here- we all get excited to post experiences!! :thumbsup2 Its Disney- who wouldn't? GLAD you had great vacations!! Merry Christmas!:santa:

I appreciate the kind words....and I'm not trying to be a jerk...But I really like what I do. (Who wouldn't????)

I have already been snagged twice and I believe, as others have said, if that continues to happen, then the experiences will change.

As for most famous restaurant reviewers being well known.....I guess I disagree. The only one that even pops into my head is Gael Greene from NY Magazine and she insisted her caricature be DRAWN wearing a dark veil.:rotfl2:

And please....I'm not suggesting I'm famous or trying to be....but again...I really like what I do and it's been working so far so I'd like to keep it that way.

I am now getting over myself and trying to get out of my own way. :lmao:

Thanks again,
Kevin

Kevin, if you don't want your picture online, I think people shoudl honor that reqeust. Who cares what the reason. But, I was just wonderfing, you have a very distinctive voice. You mention quite a bit that you are a tall guy. You and John go eat together. And you often take your mother with the special dietary needs. So, have you ever been noticed for the characteristics that you are willing to share about yourself?

John and I are both tall but when walking through Disney, there are many of tall folks. The number of wheelchairs has also grown in the parks.

As for our dietary restrictions, there are no allergies or anything to warn a waiter or chef...we are just casutious in the way we order.

As for my disctinctive voice...I guess I'm more subdued in real life. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nah...thats not it. (We have been recognized by some folks just by voice alone). So unless I learn sign language...there isnt much I can do about that.

Now again...please dont think I'm pompous enough to think that Disney has wanted posters up...but I'm guessing the folks at Coral Reef, "Ohana and Wolfgang Puck would like smack me around a bit. :lmao:

I appreciate the fact that everyone has been respectful of my wishes. I truly do. Y'all are awesome!

Kevin

Okay, all photos of me are officially outlawed until I lose 40lbs. If there's an incentive for me to lose weight, it's that you people will take my picture and you will post it. Jeez - I look like Tony Soprano and Mama Cass had a love child :) (I'm really not that sensitive about my weight, but I looked SOOO good when I was 185).

Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter