Need help finding cheesecake recipe!--update:Here it is!

Voice of Liberty

Earning My Ears
I need help from my fellow DISers! I am looking for a recipe for Neapolitan Cheesecake that was in the Dec/Jan '98 issue of Taste of Home magazine. I promised someone that I would make it for them, and wouldn't you know....that is the ONLY issue that isn't on the bookshelf with all of the others! (maybe one of these days I'll learn to put things back where they belong! :rolleyes: ) I have searched this house over but still can't seem to find that issue. Anyway, it is a wonderful 3 layer (choc/vanilla/strawberry) cheesecake with a chocolate glaze over the top. Do any of you subscribe to Taste of Home and have that issue? Would you be willing to post that recipe for me? I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanx!

Elizabeth

I tried to help by going to the Taste of Home website but they won't give you the recipe, just how to buy a cookbook that has that recipe included!! Good luck! It sounds yummy!

Found it!!! Woo HOO!!!!!

I thought of ONE last place I could look for that magazine and, lo and behold....there it was! Thanks for looking for me bananiem! I really appreciate it!

OK, since I brought up that fabulous cheesecake, I'll post the recipe for you:

Neapolitan Cheesecake

1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
5 TBSP butter or margarine, melted, DIVIDED
3 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
5 squares (1 ounce each)semi-sweet chocolate, divided
2-1/2 squares white baking chocolate, divided
1/3 cup mashed sweetened strawberries
2 tsp. shortening, divided

Combine crumbs and 3 TBSP butter. Press onto bottom of ungreased springform pan. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes; cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Divide batter into 3 equal portions. Melt 2 squares of semi-sweet chocolate; stir into one portion of batter. Melt 2 squares of white chocolate; stir into second portion of batter. Stir strawberries into remaining batter. Spread semi-sweet mixture evenly over crust. Carefully spread white chocolate mixture, then strawberry mixture. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 and bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is nearly set. Remove from oven and run knife along edge. Cool; remove from pan. Melt remaining semi-sweet chocolate, remaining butter, and 1 tsp shortening. Cool 2 minutes. Pour over cake. Melt remaining white chocolate and shortening. Drizzle over glaze. Refrigerate and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter