Need Help Planning Road trip from Yellowstone to Las Vegas.

I'd add Antelope Slot Canyon
There are two Antelope Canyons -- oddly enough, named Upper Antelope Canyon, and Lower Antelope Canyon. Both are Navajo Nation Parks.

Upper Antelope Canyon is a boat ride from Lake Powell...yawn...

LOWER Antelope Canyon is the slot canyon that you climb down into and walk through (and the one in my avatar) -- and it is breathtaking. We used Ken's Tours, and they are very good!

https://www.lowerantelope.com/

Last edited:
I think you need to focus on one area or the other. Bryce, Zion & the Grand Canyon (the circle tour) would be my pick. I'd add Antelope Slot Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and others that JimMIA mentioned. My first choice is always to spend the night IN the park, and reservations fill up fast.
That would be a great 10-day trip if you carried it out a bit East from Lake Powell and hit Monument Valley (another Navajo Nation Park). You've seen all the car commercials, but it really is beautiful. We stayed at The View hotel right on the rim of the valley and the view was indescribable.

I'd fly into Vegas and go Zion, Bryce, North Rim of GRCA, Arches if it's not too far out of the way, the Page area including LOWER Antelope Canyon, then out to Monument Valley, back to Sedona, then South Rim GRCA, then back to Vegas.

But if I only could do ONE trip (and Yosemite wasn't involved), I would fly to Jackson and really explore Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Jackson itself.

Grand Teton is just breathtaking scenery + some early settlements. The "Cathedral View" from Cunningham Cabin and the church is beautiful. Lake Jackson and Jenny Lake have huge mountains rising right out of the lakes.

You'll also see some cool wildlife at GRTE, but Yellowstone is the place for megafauna -- all of the big guys, and they're not hard to find. Plus a beautiful canyon, a great river, thermal features beyond description, a majestic lake...what's not to like.

And don't discount Jackson itself. Just outside Jackson is the National Elk Refuge and Jackson has a lot of old cowboy charm. There are raft trips, and horseback riding -- all kinds of memories to make.

Last edited:
OP, you should also know that in-park lodging usually becomes available one-year-and-a-day from your arrival and sells out quickly. In many parks (including Yellowstone and Grand Canyon), if you are not staying IN the park you are going to be far from the action.
Tusayan is right at the entrance to Grand Canyon NP. It’s about 7 miles to Grand Canyon Village although there can be long waits at the entrance station.

We were staying inside the park but went to Tusayan for the IMAX movie and to eat. Not sure about now, but we just went to McDonald’s and didn’t feel like we were fleeced by the prices. West Yellowstone was another matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter