• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need info on Myrtle Beach

Thanks so much for all the replies. I'm looking into many of the suggested hotels. Has anyone ever stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Oceanfront? It is located at 1801 South Ocean Blvd. Is this a good location?

The Hampton Inn is a fairly new hotel--I think. it would be located on the southern side of 501, which basically divides Myrtle Beach. Broadway at the beach is at 22nd Ave North, roughly 50 blocks from the Hampton--I prefer the southern end of the beach--it is quieter, but you do fight a little bit of traffic when you start north to hit the hot spots. Consider eating at Murrells Inlet, many great restaurants there. Oh, and one reason for the varying opinions on Patricia Grand--they are buying up several hotels up and down the grand stand--so one of you could have been in one of the newer purchases, others in the older--it is hard to distinguish between the "patricia grand"s since they all have the same name.

The north end has a much wider beach in my opinion. Once we stayed south and when the tide came in, you could not even walk on the beach. The water was all the way up to the hotel steps. The place was called Waters Edge and when that happened we all knew how it got tis name. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter