Need RP info, Please

mom23guys2

<font color=FF99FF>Longs to hear....."A table for
I've been trying to find out more info about the RP. I was just able to get Easter weekend at $125 with the Entertainment rate.
I am a Loew's preferred guest and will soon be upgraded to gold, I hope.
I have a waterview room, where should I request? I'd like to be close to the pool area and boat dock. Do the King rooms have a sofa sleeper or just a chair?
Can you walk from one hotel to another? Can you use the pool at HRH? Can you participate in Movies and concerts at HRH? My sons would be interested in this.
So many questions. I am a Disney person and have stayed on-site every visit for the past 10 years. How does this resort compare to Swan, BC,Poly, Dixie(can't call it POR)? Will I be disappointed after having stayed at these resorts? I was hoping for HRH but the E-rate is just too good. After our time there we will be moving to the Dolphin. Any opinions?
I feel like a newcomer again. I need to be prepared!
Thanks in advance.

DS and I stayed at RPH in December. The hotel is on the same level as the Disney Deluxes but the rooms are a bit smaller. Lovely, but smaller. We've stayed at the Beach Club and Poly and I would say that although the rooms are darker than the BC they are just as nicely appointed. We didn't like the Poly. Our room was old and grungy and smelly. The RPH rooms are clean and fresh. The pool and play area are lovely.

You could walk from RPH to HRH but it would be about a 30 minute walk. You can take the water shuttle or bus to the other resorts and yes you can pool hop and participate at the events of the other hotels.

You will probably be disappointed in the Dolphin after the RPH.

DS (13) and I stayed @ RP in Aug - be sure to request "pool" view when checking in - our "waterview" room was on the opposite side of the hotel and you could see a small stream at the base of the hotel if you pressed your head against the window and looked straight down - if you looked out the window you saw a driveway and truck delivery entrance - desk insisted it was "waterview" due to the stream. They did move us, but we had to wait another 2 hours for our room. Well worth it to me - overlooked the pool and IOA. On our last day we took the boat over to HRH (it would be a long walk from RP) and rented a cabana from 3Pm -10PM - worked out great for us - gave me time to relax after morning in the parks and DS time to check out the HRH - great pool - long slide - loved the music - we even walked over to USF for a few hours after dinner and then back to the pool. Next trip we'll stay at HRH (DS is a musician!) because he loved it so much, but RP was very nice, much quieter atmosphere - I loved the theming.

bjakmom,
Renting a cabana, seems interesting. Could you tell me more? Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to request a pool view.

damo,
When you say smaller, how much smaller? Would the rooms be on a par with a Disney moderate in size. I stayed at the Swan last year and had a lovely room overlooking the boat dock with a balcony. It was really large. Thanks for the comparison to BC and Poly.

Rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort are 315 sq. ft.
Rooms at Royal Pacific are 335 sq. ft.

The king rooms I have had have had a sleeper sofa in them, not sure if all do, You would probably like tower three, it's closest to the pool& boat dock.
You can participate in any activities taht are at HRH or PBH including pools. RP has their own dive in movies.
I think you'll love RP, I prefer it over HRH, I don't like to fight for a space at a pool. And hate the noise.
Which Loew's hotels have you stayed at before since you're going to be upgraded to Gold?
We are at Platinum now,and want to stay at Loew's Philadelphia in June, wondering what it's like. Have only been to Orlando & Miami,

I haven't been to the Loew's Philadelphia but the Regency in NY is terrific. We'll be going to the Annapolis later this month.

I'm glad to know about the sofa in the king room. We booked 2 queens because on our last night one of my sons will be joining us. I'd rather have the king for the rest of the time but I didn't know where he would sleep. Maybe I'll see if I can change and request a room with king. If I don't get the sofa sleeper I could always request a rollaway. Thanks for the tower tip.

CPM, Have you had any luck with comp room upgradeds since you are a platinum member? I just became platinum ,they are matching my starwood status, and was wondering what my chances are for an upgrade Easter week. I currently have a water view room at 125. a night @RP. I would love a king suite.Thanks for any info.

Originally posted by mattkatie7
CPM, Have you had any luck with comp room upgradeds since you are a platinum member? I just became platinum ,they are matching my starwood status, and was wondering what my chances are for an upgrade Easter week. I currently have a water view room at 125. a night @RP. I would love a king suite.Thanks for any info.

I just reached Platinum, so I haven't checked in with it yet. the next time we go we have RP club, I'm really hoping for a suite upgrade too. I was going to book a standrad room & hope for club but didn't want to chance it. I'll let you know.
Did they automatically upgrade you to platinum because of your Starwood status? what's that all about? let me know, not that it matters now ;)

CPM, All I had to do was fax them a copy of my account activity for the last year. Did you ever get comp upgrades @gold level? Starwoood has spoiled me, they always gave me a comp upgrade @ gold.

Mom23 - cabanas were great - last summer we paid $35 for 1/2 day (3PM - 10PM)- by the time we got there they had raised prices (to $50 I think - but they honored our res) and may have even done away with 1/2 days - maybe someone else can give an update if you're interested. There is a table & chairs, lounges, mini fridge with sodas and water in it, ceiling fan, TV, basket of fruit. It gave us a place to change into our suits when we got there, place to have a comfortable dinner (ordered from the pool grill), then we changed and left our suits, etc, while we walked over to USF - then back to the pool for the evening - there is also a light inside, so I enjoyed reading. You can make a reservation by calling HRH directly and they'll put you through to the fitness club - that's where you make your reservation and go to pay. Here are a few pictures with cabanas in them from themepark.com site: http://www.themeparks.com/unifl/unifllibrary/images/hardrock03.htm
http://www.themeparks.com/unifl/unifllibrary/images/hardrock09.htm
http://www.themeparks.com/unifl/unifllibrary/images/hardrock10.htm

Originally posted by mattkatie7
CPM, All I had to do was fax them a copy of my account activity for the last year. Did you ever get comp upgrades @gold level? Starwoood has spoiled me, they always gave me a comp upgrade @ gold.

Yes, At PBH we were always upgraded to deluxe rooms and once the villa suite. at RP, I guess not but we always have booked a club room, they have never upgraded us to a suite there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter