need some tips for a 2 day trip

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
Our 4 day trip has been reduced to two now I need to figure out how to do it all in 2 days. We are a group of 4 2 adults a 2yr old and 5 yr old. Our top piroities are MGM and MK. We were there last Sept. and will probably go again in January.

Day 1: We have resv. for CRT for the morning of June 24th at 9:00 then we are planning on getting out of MK and heading to MGM we want to see Buzz and Woody, have lunch at the Pizza Planet and catch a few shows. Probably head back to the hotel (Radisson Prky) for a break then back to MGM for the parade and meeting MIL at the boardwalk for dinner then back to either MGM or Epcot for fireworks.

Day 2: MK at opening (this day is DD 5th bday) get a button at city hall then off to Fantasy Land, toon town, buzz in tommorow land. early lunch then back to the hotel for an early break because we hope to be back at MK for the afternoon parade then b-day dinner at 1900 PF @5:15 back to MK after dinner to finish up any rides hopefully meet some characters then the parade and fireworks.

Any tips on how to do everything would be appreciated is it better to do Fantasy land first thng in the morning or after dinner?

Thanks,

Allison

Whew, just reading your itinerary got me tired!!!! I think you are trying to do too much because you only have two days. Even WDW only has 24 hour days.

First, forget about trying "to do it all" because it's just not possible, especially with two small kids. It's too bad you couldn't get CRT on day 2 then you could do the birthday thing all on one day. I'd go to City Hall on Day 1 and get the birthday button then, do CRT, maybe a ride or two, then head back to your hotel for a short rest.

You didn't say if you had a car or if you were relying on your hotel for transportation. If you have your own car, it will be a little more do-able, but not much. If you are using the hotel transportation, you won't be able to do it. If you try to do too much you are going to wind up with cranky kids, not to mention cranky adults. Remember that you have to wait for the bus/boat/shuttle etc and they are not always there when you are. The parks will be busy at this time as well, so there will be lots of people trying to do what you do. If you have to rent a stroller as well, you will spend some time waiting in line for this as well.

After you get back to your hotel, head back over to Disney Studios for the 3 PM parade (it's either 3 or 4, if I remember correctly). You will need to arrive at the DS parking lot no later than 2:15 so you can find a spot to view the parade. You may or may not be able to view any shows or do anything else if you need to get over to the BW for dinner with MIL. I'd skip lunch all together. If you can skip meeting the MIL at BW, I'd do that as well. Or skip this parade and see some shows instead.

Now the Fantasmic show will be either 7 and 9 or 8 PM, (just guessing here, you will have to check the park hours to be sure).
Head back to DS for this show, remember to get there at least one hour before. See the show and head back to your hotel.

Day 2 - Your kids will be exhausted ( you may be too after day 1), so they may want to sleep later. Go to MK, do the rides, eat an early lunch to compensate for no breakfast, then head back to your hotel for a break. Head back to MK no later than 2 PM to arrive at the park at 2PM to get a viewing spot for the 3 PM parade. Watch the parade, do a little afterwards, head to the monorail or boat to go over to GF. Eat your dinner there, and head back to MK for the rest of the evening.

Both your dinners will require about a minimum of 1 hour for seating, getting your food and character interaction. You have a 9 AM PS for CRT, but you probably won't get seated right at 9, maybe more like 9:15 or 9:30. With the 5:15 PS at 1900 PF, you shouldn't have too much of a wait before you are seated.

Could you blow off the Disney Studios altogether and get MIL to meet you at one of the MK resort restaurants instead of meeting at the BW? Concentrate on the MK for both days instead. Or can you get a WDW resort (especially MK resort) instead of the Raddison Parkway? That's a good distance from the world. You're at least 30-40 minutes from the MK gate if you are driving. Don't forget you have to park your car and take the shuttle to TTC then get a monorail or boat over to MK.

Could you change your dinner at 1900 PF to the first day instead? Then concentrate the second day at DS instead of hopping around.

I hope you can do what you want, but it will be tough. Listen to your kids when they say they are tired, hungry, etc.

My first trip to WDW was a two day/two night trip. I wanted to see it all and do it all as well. OMG, after my first full day, I couldn't even put my legs in my bed. My (then) 7 yr old son had to help me in bed :)
I was so rushed, that I didn't take the time to enjoy what WDW is really all about!
I really do think that your visit would be MUCH more enjoyable if you go at a much slower pace. The children will be pooped and cranky!! Listening to cranky kids can really be discouraging to even the hardiest parent. I forgot what time of the year this trip will be, but the heat will slow you down as well. Some of my kids most favortie memories from our trips are the times spent at the pool after a day at the parks.
MHO, MGM is easy enough to do in a day (if crowds aren't huge) but MK with little ones would be more of a two day venture unless you only focus on a couple of lands such as Fantasy and Mickey's ToonTown, then the parades. I think that could be doable. Just make sure that you have a stroller for both kids!! That way they can ride or rest when they need to.
Have fun.
Gerri

Actually we weren't planning on killing ourselves, we were there is Sept. and will be back in Jan. so we are only trying to do things we really liked or missed in Sept. So in MGM are main goal is to see Buzz, Woody & Jessie and have lunch at Pizza Planet. We would also like to see Playhouse Disney and the parade (which isn't until 5:30 next week) At MK we want to ride the Pooh bear and Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion and spend more time in toon town. As are kids are too little we really don't go on any of the "big" rides so that does gives us extra time. We are staying with MIL and finace in Tampa for a week so this is really just a side trip for DD birthday. We are staying off-site, I just recently moved us from the POR because I couldn't stand the idea of being in crowds all day in the park then coming back to a huge crowded hotel. I am much happier to go back to a smaller quieter hotel we have stayed at the Radison before and find the transfer time not much different from when we stayed at the All stars. We do have a car, never use hotel transportation even when we stay on property.

Thanks for your suggestions I really am not planning on stressing out the kids, I know from our last trip they were ready to get out of the sun by noon on most days and go back to the hotel for a nap. So I hope we will be able to make it back in time for the parade at MK but if we don't it won't ruin our trip. This is are first trip since they cancelled EE mornings and we are really going to miss it as in the past we have done Fantasy Land in the first 1.5 of the morning. that is another reason I am not staying on property.

Allison

Do you have an old park hopper passes? You can't buy a 2 day hopper only 4 or 5 day, so you won't be able to do both MK and MGM on the same day. If you do buy a 1 day ticket, be sure to buy the second day at the same time- you will get $5 off each ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter