Need to pay today for CRT??

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
So I went online to book CRT for another day and it says I owe the money today?? Last time I made an ADR for there it took my CC number but didn't charge it? Any suggestions?

call and do it over the phone- as long as you are on the ddp your credit card wont be charged- they will ask for it though as a credit card guarantee in case you dont show

Yeah, the CC is just to hold the reservation. If you don't show up, your card is charged, and when you get there, you still have the option of paying however you want. If you have the DDP, don't worry about payment (except tipping). You can still pay with cash even with the CC on file.

Have fun!

No, you actually do need to pay. At least I did. I booked CRT for June 11 and they charged my card as soon as I booked over the phone. The money came out of my account.

So I went online to book CRT for another day and it says I owe the money today?? Last time I made an ADR for there it took my CC number but didn't charge it? Any suggestions?

If you're staying on Disney property, did you retrieve your resort reservation first? I made this mistake last year when I booked CRT online. I forgot to retrieve my resort reservation first and then book it. When you do it that way (retrieving resort reservation) it doesn't charge your cc. It will only ask you to enter it but there isn't a balance to pay with it. When I called to try and re-book it the right way, it was already full and so I kept the one I had. It was a hassle but I ended up paying with my dining credits anyway at the restaurant and a month later getting my cc refunded. Good luck, it was confusing as heck!:goodvibes

If you're staying on Disney property, did you retrieve your resort reservation first? I made this mistake last year when I booked CRT online. I forgot to retrieve my resort reservation first and then book it. When you do it that way (retrieving resort reservation) it doesn't charge your cc. It will only ask you to enter it but there isn't a balance to pay with it. When I called to try and re-book it the right way, it was already full and so I kept the one I had. It was a hassle but I ended up paying with my dining credits anyway at the restaurant and a month later getting my cc refunded. Good luck, it was confusing as heck!:goodvibes

They must have changed this, or they jipped me! I gave the woman on the phone my resort reservation but I still got charged the price of my meal upon booking.

You must have a dining plan attached to the reservation at the time you book. And it doesn't always work.

If you have the dining plan: Call the reservation line because there have been issues in the past where the online reservation system doesn't "see" the DDP. You will need to give your CC info to hold the reservation and for them to charge if you are a no show.

If you do NOT have the dining plan: Either do it online or call. You will need to give your CC info and you will be charged at the time of booking. CRT is a pre-paid meal.

You must have a dining plan attached to the reservation at the time you book. And it doesn't always work.

Sorry:blush:, forgot to add that part to my response. We always get the dining plan so I didn't think twice about when I said you needed to retrieve your resort reservation.:goodvibes I was able to get my cc refunded though because I paid for the CRT meal with our dining credits. It took a little over a month for the refund to go through. It was really confusing though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter