Never Actually Going to DVC Room

RoseGold

DIS Veteran
I booked a family member one night at OKW so they can get night extended hours. They will actually sleep at an offsite hotel. What happens to the reservation if they never actually go to OKW? Do they need to physically go there or just check in on the app?

As long as you check-in online you should be good.

I booked a family member one night at OKW so they can get night extended hours. They will actually sleep at an offsite hotel. What happens to the reservation if they never actually go to OKW? Do they need to physically go there or just check in on the app?
Might as well just go sleep there that night -- closer than an offsite hotel. You're paying for it, so may as well use it as a crash pad ;)

Just check in online and that is it. They don’t do anything until after the second night so given it’s one night? All good!

I think you’re fine if you check in online. We had a flight delay last trip, I checked in online the day of but we didn’t get to our room until 4am the next day. Room was still there, no one had given it away or left us any messages asking why we hadn’t tapped in.

I believe there’s also an option to check out of the room online but I’ve never used it.

Make me wonder about their standards and DVCs.....one rising and one falling?
IMO it's pretty obvious DVC isn't at "luxury" level. Beds, linens, TP, coffee, definitely service. No robes. Sad blankets. The toiletries... No room service most places. I mean I love DVC and it is what it is, but it's clear where choices have been made. I've only gone in the last few years, so maybe DVC wasn't always like this?

I've never been to OKW, so maybe I'm picking on it, but I'm pretty sure the cheapest OKW room is not going to be up to this person's standards.

But it's pretty cool that the cheapest OKW room get the extended hours, and the expensive luxury hotel does not.

A long while back, there was a Platinum Deluxe Dining Plan....it included everything....fishing, golf, horseback riding, plus 3 sit down meals a day. I remember a DVC member booked the minimum stay (I think it was two nights) at a tent campsite in Ft Wilderness and purchased the platinum plan, but actually stayed at Saratoga Springs. I don’t think he ever actually went to the campsite. Maybe he checked in though. But I think your friends will be fine. Nice gesture by you.
Anyone else remember that story? We were going to try it but sadly they did away with the platinum plan. Wonder why? 🤔

IMO it's pretty obvious DVC isn't at "luxury" level. Beds, linens, TP, coffee, definitely service. No robes. Sad blankets. The toiletries... No room service most places. I mean I love DVC and it is what it is, but it's clear where choices have been made. I've only gone in the last few years, so maybe DVC wasn't always like this?

It's a timeshare.
Joffrey's coffee is very tasty, my hair loves the shampoo at disney, and the beds are comfy.

I'm currently at a Wyndham timeshare. It's not much different than OKW.

If someone were running down my timeshare I wouldn't be reserving a room for them, that's for sure! You're definitely nicer than I am.

I wonder what OP's friends do when in the parks - DVC TP is wonderful compared to that!

Bring your own TP? :)

OP is definitely nice. There's not too extra perks to me to staying on-site left, it seems like, besides being close by the parks, and saving on parking if you drive.

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter