New BLT direct incentives!

I thought you pay one closing cost but $250 for each separate contract. Is that wrong?

My goal is to purchase 700 points made up a different sized contacts. My understanding from my guide is that each contract within my 700 point purchase will have it's own closing cost (based on contract size), plus it's own $250 doc fee.

Oddly the guide that said they would call me at 11 AM Monday has yet to call, no name was given I just got an email. Un-Disney like. So it's ok to contact Bill direct at the email posted on pg.12?

Just FYI, I talked to my guide about closing costs for various sized contracts. This is what he quoted me for March use year:

175 point $565 + $250 doc fee = $815
125 points $409+ $250 doc fee = $659
100 points $581+ $250 doc fee = $831
50 points $175+ $250 doc fee = $425
Interesting - my guide told me closing costs on 150 Points would be about $950…. Why would it be different?

Interesting - my guide told me closing costs on 150 Points would be about $950…. Why would it be different?

My guide: "There are many variables and factors that go into determining the closing costs," none of which he could articulate....

Our guide called today to let us know about this promotion, and since we technically haven't closed on our 200 pt AKV contract we bought in December, we are able to switch over to BLT if we wanted to pay the difference. Of course he called my husband, who didn't think to ask if the fact that we've already used some of the AKV points would change things. So now we need to call him back, and I need to not get excited yet.

My guide: "There are many variables and factors that go into determining the closing costs," none of which he could articulate....

Closing costs include title insurance, taxes, recording fees, and a $250 "DVC document preparation fee". The first 3 varies according to the total amount of your contract, before any incentives are subtracted. Taxes and recording fees are determined by the Orange County Comptrollers Office. Title Insurance is charged by a company that is a Disney subsidiary, so it goes back to Disney coffers.

I’m sorry if this is obvious, but I’m new here :) how do you see BLT direct incentives? I saw the linked article but don’t see anything on the DVC website about it?

Is it only through talking to a guide that the information would be provided?

DH and I think we'll be taking this offer. We were already considering 125 pts but the price pp at 200 is so good comparatively. We'll split the contract in some way in case we end up wanting to sell one--we split our first purchase at RVA in 2020. But seeing as this would be our second add on in 2 years, who knows when we'll think we've got enough points 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter