• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New BOG Dinner Menu

Not sure if I was seeing the kids menu in one of the reviews where I saw fresh fruit offered as an additional choice along with the desert trio. If so sign me up! I'll give it a try - especially with our tables discount. Now to find an adr. Not seeing the results of all the folks saying they are cancelling :)

Thanks for your opinion but I would like to hear from someone who has actually eaten the French Onion soup since the menu change.

The second review posted above tried it and they seemed to think it was exactly the same as before.

The second review posted above tried it and they seemed to think it was exactly the same as before.
I read that review. To me it is just saying French Onion soup is still on the menu and the broth was really good. It doesn't say whether the recipe has become a traditional French Onion soup recipe. Traditional French Onion Soup has a rich beefy broth. My DH and DS are hoping for that change. Is it still vegetarian? That's all I need to know.

Yeah, but they have CRT. And princesses show up at Askerhouse. It just seems like it would make sense to have Belle meet at the castle. I never really understood why she was never included. I am just wondering why (logistics, maybe)? That place makes a great profit already, so I guess they don't really need to add Belle.

Disney has never allowed for the same character(especially face characters) to be in two different places, at the same time, in the same park. It would be too confusing for younger guests and possibly destroy the magic.
There are no exceptions to this rule, ever? So during the Festival of Fantasy parade, the rest of the park is practically devoid of characters???

Disney has never allowed for the same character(especially face characters) to be in two different places, at the same time, in the same park. It would be too confusing for younger guests and possibly destroy the magic.
As mentioned, they do it right now. The most obvious one being Cinderella who is at CRT all day and has her own meet and greet right behind the castle at Fairytale Hall. There are other instances of this with other princesses at MK/CRT as well as Epcot/Akershus.

As mentioned, they do it right now. The most obvious one being Cinderella who is at CRT all day and has her own meet and greet right behind the castle at Fairytale Hall. There are other instances of this with other princesses at MK/CRT as well as Epcot/Akershus.
Yep,sorry, I misspoke.

It might sound rude but news flash my friends, don’t go to a place where hey don’t serve food you can eat. The menus been around, for the most part.

What does that even mean, the menus been around? Many of the dishes were posted previously by Disney but no ingredient list.

I read that review. To me it is just saying French Onion soup is still on the menu and the broth was really good. It doesn't say whether the recipe has become a traditional French Onion soup recipe. Traditional French Onion Soup has a rich beefy broth. My DH and DS are hoping for that change. Is it still vegetarian? That's all I need to know.

You can always call if you do not want to trust those who are trying to answer your question.

Yeah, I forgot about the parade and the cinderella meet and greet.

I know Cindy leaves CRT during the Parade.

The couple of reviews sound pretty good — more like back when BOG first opened. I’m excited to go back this December!

I apologize if this has been asked but at 13 pages long I don't think I would be able to find it!

Is it possible to get the truffle fries at dinner? I don't see them as part of any entree so I am a bit worried they are forever gone. Those were my absolute favorite served with that aioli. I would hate for them to have taken such a great item away. I don't know if it is available at lunch, I ate there once for lunch but it was before I knew about the truffle fries so I didn't know to even look or ask.

I apologize if this has been asked but at 13 pages long I don't think I would be able to find it!

Is it possible to get the truffle fries at dinner? I don't see them as part of any entree so I am a bit worried they are forever gone. Those were my absolute favorite served with that aioli. I would hate for them to have taken such a great item away. I don't know if it is available at lunch, I ate there once for lunch but it was before I knew about the truffle fries so I didn't know to even look or ask.

In general, if a side is not on the menu it is not available. I would suggest you ask for them, because you just never know if the kitchen can prepare them.

I believe the disser who posted from last night said the fries are gone from the dinner menu and no longer available per the server.

After looking at the pictures and the menu, I don't see why $55 for the salad, filet, and dessert trio is so outrageous. With the TIW card, it will be $44 per person which is actually a steal for what you get. My daughters (ages 13 and 15) love steak so where else can we get filet for that price?? I told them that even though the appetizers have ZERO appeal to them, they can order whatever they want and I they hate it, they don't have to eat it. They will get plenty to eat with the steak and dessert and the price is not out of line. The only test will be if the filet is truly as tasty as the filet at, say, Jiko or Yachtsman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter