New Bounceback: Free Dining 2019

It's just the difference in cost between the two plans per night. Right now, QS is $52.50 per adult and $21.74 per child per night. The DDP is $75.49/adult, $25.75/child per night. So, for adults you'll pay around $23/night to upgrade and kids $4/night.

Okay, thanks! I'll have to run the numbers. We don't normally park hop either, so I have to figure out if rack rate plus the $58 a day to upgrade plus the cost of park hopper for 5 comes out as a savings for us or not.

Yikes when did a park hopper jump to $80? That alone adds $400 to our cost so it doesn't look like this would be a good deal for us at all. Bummer.

So glad to read this thread! All my kiddos are 'young adults' and DH and I are coming down for an anniversary trip next month! I am seriously considering booking for the whole fam jam for Christmas 2019. There would be 6 of us (one daughter is married) Would we be able to cram into a wilderness lodge cabin? I'm thinking that would be the least expensive... would likely do the week before Christmas so we don't hit the massive crowds, although I'm sure it'll be crowded as it is. Thoughts? I haven't run the numbers but going with the premise of ' the more Disney adults in the room the better the FD discount is'. Thanks for your expertise!

So glad to read this thread! All my kiddos are 'young adults' and DH and I are coming down for an anniversary trip next month! I am seriously considering booking for the whole fam jam for Christmas 2019. There would be 6 of us (one daughter is married) Would we be able to cram into a wilderness lodge cabin? I'm thinking that would be the least expensive... would likely do the week before Christmas so we don't hit the massive crowds, although I'm sure it'll be crowded as it is. Thoughts? I haven't run the numbers but going with the premise of ' the more Disney adults in the room the better the FD discount is'. Thanks for your expertise!
You may want to run the numbers for 2 value rooms. I often find that to be less expensive than a moderate or deluxe when looking for rooms that can accommodate 6 people. Some moderates can be less but they only accommodate 5 people. Once you go to 6 it's worth checking the cost of 2 values....especially since they're now mostly being refurbished to include 2 queen beds in each room.

As promised, I am reporting back on our experience with this BB offer. We arrived Tuesday and booked our FD BB offer for next year. We booked for 7 nights at PORS (wanted FQ, but as usual, it is not included anymore; I did ask, just to confirm). We will also add on 4 nights room only at a deluxe, but will do that at a later date. No pamphlet / folder in my room. I was told I should have received an email regarding the BB offer in MDE since I was already checked in, but there was no email. I only knew about the offer from following the DIS.
When I called to book, I was told garden view or preferred area for the PORS offer. This year we had to book a riverview to get the FD (ended up with riverview, preferred building 14, ground floor- exactly as requested!). We decided to book preferred to be guaranteed a spot near the lobby and food court- we use our mugs a lot and like to have a short walk to food court. So, we booked preferred for next year and upgraded to the regular dining plan and got 8 day park hoppers - we will use them for the room only days after our PORS stay.
Really happy to have this done! It was about $23 more per day per person (we're all adults) to upgrade to regular dining. I did ask about Wilderness Lodge, since it's one of the cheaper deluxe and it would have included the regular dining plan and it was about $500-600 more per 8 night stay- I would have done it but my kids were telling me to keep PORS- they love going to Disney Springs, so we like the location we're in now.
Good luck to everyone with getting the bounce back!

As promised, I am reporting back on our experience with this BB offer. We arrived Tuesday and booked our FD BB offer for next year. We booked for 7 nights at PORS (wanted FQ, but as usual, it is not included anymore; I did ask, just to confirm). We will also add on 4 nights room only at a deluxe, but will do that at a later date. No pamphlet / folder in my room. I was told I should have received an email regarding the BB offer in MDE since I was already checked in, but there was no email. I only knew about the offer from following the DIS.
When I called to book, I was told garden view or preferred area for the PORS offer. This year we had to book a riverview to get the FD (ended up with riverview, preferred building 14, ground floor- exactly as requested!). We decided to book preferred to be guaranteed a spot near the lobby and food court- we use our mugs a lot and like to have a short walk to food court. So, we booked preferred for next year and upgraded to the regular dining plan and got 8 day park hoppers - we will use them for the room only days after our PORS stay.
Really happy to have this done! It was about $23 more per day per person (we're all adults) to upgrade to regular dining. I did ask about Wilderness Lodge, since it's one of the cheaper deluxe and it would have included the regular dining plan and it was about $500-600 more per 8 night stay- I would have done it but my kids were telling me to keep PORS- they love going to Disney Springs, so we like the location we're in now.
Good luck to everyone with getting the bounce back!

Congrats!

@Disney Ron I know you checked in on Tuesday as well...hope you got what you were looking for!

We love the FW cabins and are booked there next Dec for FD. You can’t beat the location and decorations. We are a family of 5 adults and have fit 6 into a FW cabin just fine. If you feel you need access to additional bathrooms with that many adults, request a 2200/2300 cabin loop near the 2100 campsite loop to use their comfort station.

SARAHC97

Thank you for posting this information on free dining. I do have a question, I saw on another site that the Polynesian Resort was excluded as well. I see that you have posted only the Bungalows are excluded from the BB offer. Do you happen to know if you can book the Polynesian Resort for the 2019 FD BB offer? Thank you for any information.

SARAHC97

Thank you for posting this information on free dining. I do have a question, I saw on another site that the Polynesian Resort was excluded as well. I see that you have posted only the Bungalows are excluded from the BB offer. Do you happen to know if you can book the Polynesian Resort for the 2019 FD BB offer? Thank you for any information.
I have not seen that the Poly is excluded in any info I've seen posted.

Out of curiosity, has anyone come across a brochure of the free dining bounce back in their room?

Anyone know if you can book the bounceback for 2 separate return trips, if they both fall in the date window?

Yes, you can!
As @tinka-belle said, you can do this for sure!

We were there in Jan and I booked 2 separate BB trips. We're going down in 2 weeks for a surprise 4 night trip and then again in December for our annual 8 night trip. As long as there is availability you may book as many trips as you wish.

I have a question for my Dis family!

I will be staying at one of the excluded resorts (BLT) in September and intend to book a bounce back for 2019. Can I book at any of the excluded resorts or only the excluded resort I am staying in?

I have a question for my Dis family!

I will be staying at one of the excluded resorts (BLT) in September and intend to book a bounce back for 2019. Can I book at any of the excluded resorts or only the excluded resort I am staying in?
You can book a bb even if you're staying at an excluded resort, but you can't book at any excluded resort for your bb.

You can book a bb even if you're staying at an excluded resort, but you can't book at any excluded resort for your bb.
According to the wording on the first post the excluded resorts can be booked as a BB if staying at an excluded resort or that's how I understood it. I guess that wasn't correct?

According to the wording on the first post the excluded resorts can be booked as a BB if staying at an excluded resort or that's how I understood it. I guess that wasn't correct?
Meant I guess my interpretation was incorrect. Thanks for the clarification!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter