New Bounceback: Free Dining 2019

I really think that more and more people are looking at offsite options. That means fewer people on the dining plan. I kind of feel FD will always be around. It’s Disney’s way of keeping people on property to spend their money.
Until yesterday I might not have agreed but now that we've seen Disney offer FD around the time that Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is supposed to be opening I'd tend to agree with you. Hopefully FD is here to stay because for our family staying value, it's a savings every single time!

Just a reminder this is a BB offer to bring you back next year. This is not a general public discount. Disney is still going to get you to pay Rack rates next year even around SW GE opening. Their actual cost for FD is very little in the over all scheme of all things Disney.

Let us know when Disney starts offering big discounts for next fall to fill rooms which would at this time be very unlikely.

Dave

My husband and I are going later this month for the sole purpose of booking this BB, but we are using a free night given to us by Disney to stay. Even though we are technically staying in a comp room, we should still be able to book a BB, right? We're staying at Boardwalk Villas.

Just a reminder this is a BB offer to bring you back next year. This is not a general public discount. Disney is still going to get you to pay Rack rates next year even around SW GE opening. Their actual cost for FD is very little in the over all scheme of all things Disney.

Let us know when Disney starts offering big discounts for next fall to fill rooms which would at this time be very unlikely.

Dave
This may be your experience but to many of us FD is the big discount. Since I stay value, I save hundreds more with FD then I ever could with a room discount.

My room is normally around $180 or less so even with a 20% discount that's less than $40 a night. There is no way we can eat at Disney for $40 a day so the FD discount is the big savings discount for us.

My husband and I are going later this month for the sole purpose of booking this BB, but we are using a free night given to us by Disney to stay. Even though we are technically staying in a comp room, we should still be able to book a BB, right? We're staying at Boardwalk Villas.
I can't see why you couldn't. You'll be booked in as a guest at Disney with a reservation so even though the room in complementary :D, you should still be just fine to book the BB! Have fun!

This may be your experience but to many of us FD is the big discount. Since I stay value, I save hundreds more with FD then I ever could with a room discount.

My room is normally around $180 or less so even with a 20% discount that's less than $40 a night. There is no way we can eat at Disney for $40 a day so the FD discount is the big savings discount for us.

exact same thing for my family.

Dave

That may be true, but food is one of our biggest expenses at Disney so paying $159 per night rack rate at Pop next December for my family of four Disney adults to eat for free is a steal for us. The quick service plan would cost us $210 per day to buy.

It’s a huge discount for many families.

If 2 or 3 adults in a room in Aug 2018 how many rooms can they book for the bounceback in 2019?

Each adult can book a room. You can book more than 1 trip. But unless it has changed, it has always been 1 room per adult.

Do you have to be on room you book? Could I book it in my sister's name?

My experience two years ago was this -

I had a weird onsite/offsite/onsite split stay with friends.

During the first onsite stay, each friend was able to book three rooms for an upcoming family reunion trip (“August”). These rooms were booked in the names of the siblings on the trip, with all of us in our actual rooms. The only issue we had was that a few people got mixed up between rooms and one duplicated. We switched all but one of the rooms to a TA upon return and she handled the mixed up names. Later, we swapped one occupant for another, and then in a second and third rooms, deleted the companions of two of the occupants and put them both in the same room (leaving us with 5 rooms). No issues.

During our second onsite stay, I called and made an additional reservation for two rooms for a subsequent trip (“September”). Two rooms, one under my name and one under a friend-not-present. Later, we ended up cancelling our room (we still went, but ran the math and as AP holders were better off paying OOP). We weren’t sure if that was allowed, but the other room stuck... however, I can’t be certain it wasn’t an oversight.

HTH

Good to know CarrieR. We usually travel alone so only need 1 room on the bounceback. Disney seems to have changed things & reports like yours help keep us up to date. Thanks!

I have no plans to book this (already have UK FD for 2019) but between online checkin and having active magicbands how do they know that you're physically there to book a BB offer?

Ahh very easy when you Dial Ext. 8844 from your onsite in-room phone. You can also call 407-939-1923 while you are still a guest at the any onsite hotel (until 10 PM of your departure day).

Note: They will verify that you in the Disney reservation system, they have all the names of your party right on the screen in front of the rep.

Dave

They also won’t allow a BB to be booked unless you have activated your reservation.

I called the BB number last year and begged them (yup!!) to allow me to book a BB reservation for this September when our entire trip had to be cancelled less than 12 hours prior to departure due to Irma. The CMs could see my reservation and as much as they wished they could do this, the system would not allow a BB offer to be booked. It went up the Disney chain but since the reservation was never activated the system would not allow a BB offer to be booked.

They also won’t allow a BB to be booked unless you have activated your reservation.

I called the BB number last year and begged them (yup!!) to allow me to book a BB reservation for this September when our entire trip had to be cancelled less than 12 hours prior to departure due to Irma. The CMs could see my reservation and as much as they wished they could do this, the system would not allow a BB offer to be booked. It went up the Disney chain but since the reservation was never activated the system would not allow a BB offer to be booked.

Wow that's really too bad.

Congrats. What did you get? We arrive on Tuesday and it'll be the first thing we do when we get in the room.

Thanks, we booked a cabin and are so happy to have our FD trip taken care of for next year.

It doesn’t seem like many people know about this, so I think you’ll be fine. I lagged by calling today. There was no literature in our cabin, and the CM said, “Oh. You’ve heard.” Good luck!

Wow that's really too bad.
Thanks Disney Ron. In the end it was all good as I was able to book a FD offer when the General Public offer came out this past spring, it just made it more stressful as I had booked FD BBs for 8 years in a row thus missing the April GP madness.

We ended up rebooking our missed Irma trip in Jan and paid for dining. Cost me more but we went so that’s really what matters. Disney refunded 100% if our sept trip due to the hurricane and Southwest gave us travel credits which needed to be used by Feb, thus the Jan trip.

In Jan I booked a room discount BB that will be a surprise trip for my 9yo. I’ve never surprised her and can’t wait to 3 weeks from tomorrow!!! It’s just a quick 4 nights doing only the water parks and MNSSHP but will allow us to book a FD BB for Sep 2019.

Lol...hang around with all you helpful people long enough and we learn to work the system (and justify quick trips to ourselves!! ;))

Thankful this BB offer is helping so many of us!

I have no plans to book this (already have UK FD for 2019) but between online checkin and having active magicbands how do they know that you're physically there to book a BB offer?

She pulled up our reservation. I don’t know if she could see our charges/cabin #, but she verified we were onsite.

Thanks Disney Ron. In the end it was all good as I was able to book a FD offer when the General Public offer came out this past spring, it just made it more stressful as I had booked FD BBs for 8 years in a row thus missing the April GP madness.

We ended up rebooking our missed Irma trip in Jan and paid for dining. Cost me more but we went so that’s really what matters. Disney refunded 100% if our sept trip due to the hurricane and Southwest gave us travel credits which needed to be used by Feb, thus the Jan trip.

In Jan I booked a room discount BB that will be a surprise trip for my 9yo. I’ve never surprised her and can’t wait to 3 weeks from tomorrow!!! It’s just a quick 4 nights doing only the water parks and MNSSHP but will allow us to book a FD BB for Sep 2019.

Lol...hang around with all you helpful people long enough and we learn to work the system (and justify quick trips to ourselves!! ;))

Thankful this BB offer is helping so many of us!

I actually remember you posting back when you had to cancel your trip because of Irma. I'm really happy everything turned out good for you. What a great surprise for that beautiful daughter of yours coming up in 3 weeks. Have a safe and magical time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter