New Countries of Epcot Swap (5 spots left)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nicurn said:
I was to be honest, wondering the same thing. Just curious. (although I can understand not needing double of epcot). maggie

just curious as to what can someone get out of hosting a swap that they are already hosting. Im adding a 2nd group to a swap i'm already hosting. I just have to add names it's not a big deal. I will angel for someone if need be, I will take that last spot if need be. I'm not just gonna take a spot just to take a spot that's silly. lol

hmm.... some of the swaps you may be refering to (magic kingdom?) open as one group and then more people want to join in so another group gets opened and usually since it's a different group of people the hostess (and others from the 1st group) tend to sign up so that they get "all the goodies". I host smaller group swaps and no I'm not in every group, but I am in most of them. I tend to sign up in every group and then someone will say, "oh gee missed the signups, do you still have room" and then I will generally speaking give up one of my slots. But since it's all one swap it's not like someone is just hosting it. I guess it just seems odd since it's a new swap and not a continuation of the original one. maggie

how about Japan - my quick run-through looked like it was open. I am ohMom's DM and she said we can work on these together - so I'm game. Promise I will read all the rules and ask questions when in doubt ::yes::

nicurn said:
I guess it just seems odd since it's a new swap and not a continuation of the original one. maggie

I figured you guys didn't want to play with my other guys LOL
just kidding.
I thought it best to make it a dis member only sign up sheet oh well I guess I can't win either way, can I?
I thought it would be easier for those interested to see what is open and what isn't if they don't see any names. After it fills up I thought I would combine the posts.

Like I said in my other post i'm in the proccess of hosting a swap 10 groups 70 spots. I took a spot in each group. I'm also hosting the character swap if you notice I took a spot in each of those as well. I don't mind joining swaps and being in swaps that I host. I just don't think I (or any host) should have to join just because I'm (they're) hosting.
makes sense? if not ignore me :rotfl2:

AlreadyexcitedGrammy said:
how about Japan - Promise I will read all the rules and ask questions when in doubt ::yes::

okie dokie i'll get you down.
thanks for playing and giving me a chance.

Is this what you guys were thinking about

You may use ANY color Bazzill paper you want that goes with the country
you picked (just let me know what you used so I can list them)

You may accent with patteren paper but don't over do it :o).

You must have something that represents the country in the kit other than the topper. EXAMPLES: If you are doing France you can use the Effiel Tower, Italy you can use Leaning Tower of Pisa, America you can use Uncle Sam. Those are examples: You may add ANYTHING that represents the country. I just don't want the topper to say France and that is it. I want to incorporate something else besides the topper to show what the kit was about. Think of it this way, if you didn't have the topper how would you know it was a France layout or an Italy layout.

let me know

ALSO DISNEYFREAKJACKIE did you want Mexico?

ImaDizneyNut said:
Like I said in my other post i'm in the proccess of hosting a swap 10 groups 70 spots. I took a spot in each group. I'm also hosting the character swap if you notice I took a spot in each of those as well. I don't mind joining swaps and being in swaps that I host. I just don't think I (or any host) should have to join just because I'm (they're) hosting.
makes sense? if not ignore me :rotfl2:

sure it makes sense. but why start another swap here if you have a 70 spot swap going on now? (oh wait, is that the one that is due in 2 weeks? I vaguely remember something like that). it just seems like a lot of stuff going on for you all at the same time. Also, I don't believe anyone said that the hostess "had" to join, but it does strike people as odd since here the hostess usually is hosting the swap because it's something they want for their scrapbooks. maggie

:drinking1

nicurn said:
sure it makes sense. but why start another swap here if you have a 70 spot swap going on now? (oh wait, is that the one that is due in 2 weeks? I vaguely remember something like that). it just seems like a lot of stuff going on for you all at the same time. Also, I don't believe anyone said that the hostess "had" to join, but it does strike people as odd since here the hostess usually is hosting the swap because it's something they want for their scrapbooks. maggie

:drinking1

yes thats the one due on jan 31st so that almost done.

I can see if I just came on and said hey guys I'm hosting a swap want to take part, I'm just gonna host and not swap. I can see why you guys would look at me like this :confused3 but knowing I'm already hosting an epcot swap and just adding a 2nd group I don't understand the big deal.

oh well. I can't please everyone

I guess the big deal as you put it started with one of your earlier posts where you pretty much said you had been in a previous swap (elsewhere) and you got back what you considered bad stuff

"I'm really not this picky I just don't want to waste my time if I'm not gonna get back quality work I hope nobody take offense"

that offended people.

Then you posted a swap that really only had 2 open spots... and now you feel like you were forced into hosting another epcot group so you are "hostessing" without participating.

I guess that's what the big deal is and why everyone is having fits. I think if you had just said, "hey I'm going to host an epcot swap (or whatever) and just had signups, no one would have batted an eye. Just my 2 cents. (and now back to american idol). maggie

nicurn said:
I guess the big deal as you put it started with one of your earlier posts where you pretty much said you had been in a previous swap (elsewhere) and you got back what you considered bad stuff
that's right I did say that If you saw the stuff you (anyone) would have been disappointed.

nicurn said:
"I'm really not this picky I just don't want to waste my time if I'm not gonna get back quality work I hope nobody take offense" that offened people
again did I not say I was sorry for offending. I do believe I did. It's not your fault I got back bad stuff. So I decided it's not fair for me not to swap with people I haven't swapped with before. I think I was just in a mood with that swap and VERY disappointed.

nicurn said:
Then you posted a swap that really only had 2 open spots...
if you look at both swaps there was more than 2 spots open.

nicurn said:
and now you feel like you were forced into hosting another epcot group so you are "hostessing" without participating. ...
Maggie I know you are the "oldie" on this group and I am the "newbie" but please don't put words in my mouth. I don't feel like I am forced into hosting IF I didn't want to host I wouldn't

nicurn said:
I guess that's what the big deal is and why everyone is having fits. ......
It seems to me you are the only one beating this subject to death. Again I said I was sorry I can't do more than that.

nicurn said:
I think if you had just said, "hey I'm going to host an epcot swap (or whatever) and just had signups, no one would have batted an eye. Just my 2 cents. (and now back to american idol). maggie

this has been answered time and time again we are going in circles.
I'm sure everyone appreciates your concern about me but I'm answering the same questions that have been asked over and over.

ok, I am perfectly willing to agree to disagree with you on the subject of swaps. as for putting words in people's mouths... um yeah, I have zero "concerns" as you so kindly put it. You run your swaps any way you want. as for me being the "oldie"... yeah, I'm not going to go there either. :goodvibes (and technically we are both the only ones "beating the dead horse". just a thought. :goodvibes maggie

nicurn said:
ok, I am perfectly willing to agree to disagree with you on the subject of swaps. as for putting words in people's mouths... um yeah, I have zero "concerns" as you so kindly put it. You run your swaps any way you want. as for me being the "oldie"... yeah, I'm not going to go there either. :goodvibes (and technically we are both the only ones "beating the dead horse". just a thought. :goodvibes maggie

technically I am doing what i said I would, that is answering any questions asked of me. I don't go back on my word. if you don't want answers don't ask questions that's always been my motto.
but I said I was dropping the subject (in another post) and that is what I'm doing. I don't mean to be nasty, spiteful or anything else anyone is thinking I just don't want this to turn into something it wasn't meant to be. So I will not answer anything else on the boards. I'm not ignoring I'm just agreeing to disagree.

tracy,
Thanks for going through the efforts of hosting this swap. I have hosted several and know it's a lot of work and energy on your part. I would be happy to help you in any way you feel would be helpful.
Sharon

havencruiser said:
tracy,
Thanks for going through the efforts of hosting this swap. I have hosted several and know it's a lot of work and energy on your part. I would be happy to help you in any way you feel would be helpful.
Sharon

thanks alot Sharon. If I shall need any help you are the gal to call.
but believe it or not I love to host, it's no effort, to me it natural. I guess that's where the analness comes to play lol It's sad I know lol
thanks again for the offer and if i need help you will be the first call or shall i say PM lol

Now how to I get a picture in my siggy lol :scratchin

done. (now if I could just find some smilies shaking hands) maggie

3.gif

no that isn't it

4.gif

5.gif

nope not that one either

where is that shaking hands smiley when I need it...

oh man, we totally could have used the smilies clubbing each other earlier!!!! where do you find these? :rotfl2: :cool1: but it should be an "oldie" and a "not oldie" clubbing each other shouldn't it? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: maggie

pattyT said:
3.gif

no that isn't it

5.gif

nope not that one either

where is that shaking hands smiley when I need it...

:rotfl2: lol

the second one reminds me of when we travel since we are from Jersey. People from Ohio and outta PA say we talk to fast. lol
the looks we get lol

YUP!!! As a Jersey girl I'm accused of talking too fast all the time!! You could say I'm a " Scarpin' Chatterbox"!!! :rotfl2: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter