New Countries of Epcot Swap (5 spots left)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pattyT said:
3.gif

no that isn't it

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Now that's funny!

ImaDizneyNut said:
You are killing me :rotfl2:

When i first posted Bazzill only I got What is Bazzill or I don't use Bazzill lol
If you ALLLLLL agree we can do Bazzzill only cardstock but you can use patterened paper to make the kit creativitly yours. Or we can just use Bazzill only no patterened paper
In the other Epcot swap some of the swappers including myself
looked at all the colors and said they will blend together since most of the flag colors are the same. They figured if the can use patterented paper like the american flag paper for america it will personalize each country.

does that make sense
I would do Bazzill (need to find out who sells it) but I also want pattern paper. Pattern paper will make the final designs more unique.

I am just starting with making scrapbook kits. So I need a little help to find out what some of the stuff is.

What is a Shaker Box?

Bazzill can be found online at www.scrappindeals.com
It's the cheapest place I have found with the best selection. I needed about 15 different colors last week from some swaps I am in. They had every color and it's only 39 cents per sheet. What a deal!!

I might think of joining this swap. I have done a few, with my mom's help, but just not sure with all that has been happening here lately. My mom doesn't come here anymore (she left about a month ago) so she doesn't know most of you. There are also too many rules. We are going to WDW in march so I could the stuff. Can't decide, I'll let you know.

Well this certainly has been an interesting morning read with my coffee! :confused3 :eek: :scared:
Personally I wouldnt' join in because I feel my pieces wouldn't hold up to the standards and pickiness of this swap, just from reading previous post. ALso with some of the statements made on other threads about quality and then read that the the hostess doesn't even wish to particapate. Makes me feel she doesn't think the skill level is here and wouldn't want our pieces. Now that may not be the point at all and maybe out of the kindness of her heart she is hosting.....But that is the feeling I get, "sure I'll host but I don't want the stuff"

I am just amazed at the rational too. As I have said before, many people have started swaps with very low post counts, and they have run smoothly and no one even questioned. You know why know one questioned? They were up front about everything and didn't "type" in a condensending fashion. Point blank they wanted to host a swap and said....any one up for a swap? an the spots were filled way before I think they even realized! Also the other new people usually posted a thread to get a feel for the group, introduced themselves and then asked would anyone be interested in.........they would then take that info and decide what they wanted to do.

I dont' buy the statement, para phrasing here, "that I wasn't sure anyone would be interested in a swap by someone who wasn't a regular."
I think that you wanted to fill spots and see what some of the work was like to find out if this was a worthy board to host swaps. Then you got snagged. People weren't happy this wasn't really a DIS board swap but space fillers. (I personally wasn't happy)

As for saying you are opening another group so everyone can join in and you don't need more epcot stuff, sure that makes sense, but again it is different than other swaps on here...Groups are open from the start and we can decide which group we want to be in...this one we couldn't be in the other group because it was filled by another board...do you see the difference? I couldn't decide if I wanted to be in group A or group B because really group A didn't exist. It had left over spots.

I wish everyone luck with this swap. I hope we can cont. swapping and everyone be happy and proud of their items and not worry about having them trashed and told straight out this is not quality stuff.

The one nice thing about the DIS and our Swaps, everyone is welcome and encouraged to try their best. And I feel everyone here does.

Just talked to my mom and she read through all this. The answer was NOOOOOO WAAAAY! Very loudly and very quick. Now I wish I was at school instead of "studying for exams".

Since there seems to be tension with this swap, should we just all agree that now is not the time for this? We can always try this again in the future. I know that mine will be "simplistic" but nice to me. I don't want to disappoint. What does everybody else think?

I would still be interested in doing the swap. It's a topic I would love to do an album on and it seems like there were enough interested people to get it started.
I understand that some folks are not wishing to participate for various reasons but that's their perogative as well.

so has this one too turned into brazzill only? if not then I would sign up for Mexico. Michelle

disneyfreakjackie said:
YUP!!! As a Jersey girl I'm accused of talking too fast all the time!! You could say I'm a " Scarpin' Chatterbox"!!! :rotfl2: :cool1:

I don't think we talk to fast I think they talk to s-l-o-w lol

mickeyfan2 said:
I would do Bazzill (need to find out who sells it) but I also want pattern paper. Pattern paper will make the final designs more unique. I am just starting with making scrapbook kits. So I need a little help to find out what some of the stuff is.
What is a Shaker Box?

I hope you don't mind I combined your posts.
Mickeyfan already shared a great place to get Bazzill that's where I get mine since nobody here sells it.lol

a shaker box lets see if I can find a site.

here's a link for a simple shaker
http://www.scrapbookie.com/shaker.htm

here's another one (the flower)
http://scrapbooking.about.com/library/weekly/blsunflowerlayout.htm

heres' some images of them
http://www.ideatoolbox.com/

do you know your way around 2 peas
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com

if not go to 2 peas using link above
now click peanut gallery
now click search gallery
in tthe blank space for
Show Layouts Posted in last ----days
type 999
in the blank space for
Where Title Contains
type in shaker box and you will see bunch there.

I hope i helped

I understand what you are saying Spinning. I have been through your questions and comments with others. I really don't want this to turn into something it wasn't meant to. And it all has been cleared up already. So I will not comment or answer your post with respect, I just wanted you to know I read and understood where you are coming from. And thanks for saying it.

For those in the swap or who want to be in the swap

Do you want to continue even though there was Drama? do you want another host? what do you want to do? I understand with everything going on that you have shall I say "thoughts" about me lol

I don't want anyone to feel forced into do something they are not comfortable.

I will be happy to host if you want me to. As you can tell from the "rules" I am very organized. I love to host and adding another swap to my calender is not a big deal to me.

I know this is an issue for some so I want to explain why so many rules. its' just easier for all to know what to expect. if you are unsure about anything in the kit all you have to do is look at the details. You don't have to email me and wait for an answer. I know when I get into scrapping and if I have email a host about something, I hate to wait for an answer (even though it might take minutes or an hour) because I'm in the mood to scrap NOW. By the time she answers who knows what mood I will be in.
that's why.

what I would do personally, is just repost the epcot swap as a new thread and that way everyone will know what's going on (minus the drama of course). just a thought before I take my nap since I'm an "oldie" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (yeah, couldn't resist). maggie

just because she is
2317.gif

doesn't mean she can't
MakingBed02.gif

something tells me she even
2090.gif

when she isn't
001452906.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter