New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Any chance you can copy and paste info? I can’t see the font with my reading glasses even when I try to enlarge the picture.
Tsk tsk. You need to see a good Optometrist. :P

Also, DCL has revealed the first ever Funnel Suite!!

See the line where the sky meets the sea? It’s calling Guests home to the Wish Tower Suite, a first-of-its-kind accommodation set high in the forward funnel of the Disney Wish, our newest ship setting sail in summer 2022!

This 1,966-square-foot penthouse in the sky will be the most unique Disney Cruise Line accommodation yet, and it’s the crown jewel of a truly jaw-dropping array of staterooms and suites aboard the Disney Wish.

With nearly 2,000 square feet of living space, including a spacious upper-level loft, the Wish Tower Suite will sleep up to eight guests with two main bedrooms, a children’s room, a library that converts to a bedroom and four-and-a-half bathrooms. The magnificent living room will be flanked by an open dining area and a bar, all offering extraordinary views across the upper decks to the horizon through an expansive two-story window wall.

What’s more, this enchanting new suite will feature artwork, iconography and materials inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Moana.” Throughout the suite, creative ornaments and custom artwork will offer sophisticated nods to the characters and locales of this beloved film.
The piece de resistance will be a hand-crafted porcelain sculpture that comes alive in an only-Disney-can-do way. When Guests arrive home to the Wish Tower Suite, they may discover the statue pulsing in myriad hues of green amid soft chimes that recall the film’s distinctive soundtrack, revealing itself as the heart of Te Fiti. The special lighting and audio effects will eventually fill the room to provide a truly magical, one-of-a-kind greeting.

Of course, Guests can expect the royal treatment while staying in the Wish Tower Suite, marked by the expert service of a personal concierge team, a delightful selection of curated services and daily treats, and even a private elevator. Talk about the VIP experience!

Tsk tsk. You need to see a good Optometrist. :P

Also, DCL has revealed the first ever Funnel Suite!!
I have them all optometrist, ophthalmologist and two different eye surgeons. Currently I have to wear two pairs of glasses just a read. But there is no amount of glasses that we’re going to get me to see that font size. I thank you so much for copying and pasting that for me.

4.5 bathrooms! I could not imagine what this looks like. How many people don’t have homes this big?

I hope I haven't missed any previous discussion, but didn't find any searching:

When will we know what captain will bring out the Disney Wish? Doesn't he typically spend time with it during final construction? (I would vote for Captain Henry - Great guy!)

And when do inaugural crew members arrive at the ship?

I know these things must have been discussed for previous ships but search is NOT being my friend. And I also believe that DCL cruisers with past knowledge love to share.

I hope I haven't missed any previous discussion, but didn't find any searching:

When will we know what captain will bring out the Disney Wish? Doesn't he typically spend time with it during final construction? (I would vote for Captain Henry - Great guy!)

And when do inaugural crew members arrive at the ship?

I know these things must have been discussed for previous ships but search is NOT being my friend. And I also believe that DCL cruisers with past knowledge love to share.
I think Commodore Tom retired in Jan and Capt Henry Im almost positive is the next senior Capt so I would think its Henry. As for what crew goes over when depends on the department. Usually the ships engineers and bridge crew go first followed by everyone else at intervals, based on area. For example you wouldn't need club counselors during float out and sea trials but you would need cooks and accountants. This way they can be trained by the factory or its reps on the basic needs like operations, maintenance, stuff like that.

I think Commodore Tom retired in Jan and Capt Henry Im almost positive is the next senior Capt so I would think its Henry. As for what crew goes over when depends on the department. Usually the ships engineers and bridge crew go first followed by everyone else at intervals, based on area. For example you wouldn't need club counselors during float out and sea trials but you would need cooks and accountants. This way they can be trained by the factory or its reps on the basic needs like operations, maintenance, stuff like that.
Truck1, thanks for that. I knew Commodore Tom's retirement was announced last year, but I searched and couldn't find anything saying that it actually happened, or any celebration.

Truck1, thanks for that. I knew Commodore Tom's retirement was announced last year, but I searched and couldn't find anything saying that it actually happened, or any celebration.
I think they may have had something planned for his last trip but Covid got in the way. Similar to when Karl Holtz went onboard and they had a small celebration on the pool deck to make him Commodore.

Bring him back to do something!!
I would agree. Capt Henry should get something similar as he's been there almost as long as Commodore Tom. Capt Henry started in the technical shoreside operations before going back to sea when the ships were still in the planning stages.

Is the 20% non-refundable deposit just for the inauguration bookings, or any bookings on the Wish?

I think it's purely to offer some sort of incentive to those that have cruised more than others.

Yeah, it took me 10 years to become platinum. And I have yet to be able to use that status for any good LOL. I've been watching the prices on the thread for pricing and I'm blown away by how high it is already. I can book tomorrow, but I'm not paying $6,000 for 2 adults in an oceanview on a 3-night cruise! Or only a few hundred less for an inside room. I just cannot justify that. I'm booked on a 14-night Northern Isles cruise in August on HAL where my adult daughter got a free inside stateroom because we booked a verandah on a promo, and we're only paying $9,000, and that includles gratuties.

Yes, I know from years of reading threads, that comparing Disney cruises to other pricing is apples and oranges. But at my age, I gotta think about how I spend my vacation monies and how much I can make it stretch LOL

For those who have not been lucky enough to book, as of about 9 amish, the Wish was sold out. I have an inside cabin im giving up from my quote if anyone wants it. Bad news is its for a little over 10,000 for a ocean view porthole. Verandahs were already out at 830 when I was on the phone with them. I have no idea what Disneys plans are. She had to refresh her screen several times and drop 1 person from my party to get that.

Last edited:
For those who have not been lucky enough to book, as of about 9 amish, the Wish was sold out. I have an inside cabin im giving up from my quote if anyone wants it. Bad news is its for a little over 10,000 for a ocean view porthole. Verandahs were already out at 830 when I was on the phone with them. I have no idea what Disneys plans are. She had to refresh her screen several times and drop 1 person from my party to get that.
to clarify.........Wish is sold out for MV only - all other inaugural sailings are still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter