New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Totally agree! Personally I hope they stick with the classic characters, the ones that have stood the test of time. But then that's probably because I'm old and set in my ways! :rotfl:

I agree. They've stuck with the classics so far and it gives the ship respect to the early days of Walt Disney. I hope they continue that tradition and don't bring in anything too modern or over the top.

Totally agree! Personally I hope they stick with the classic characters, the ones that have stood the test of time. But then that's probably because I'm old and set in my ways! :rotfl:

I agree. They've stuck with the classics so far and it gives the ship respect to the early days of Walt Disney. I hope they continue that tradition and don't bring in anything too modern or over the top.

But, Ariel in the Wonder is not a classic character. Or at least was not one when the Wonder was designed. The Little Mermaid was in the cinemas in 1989, the Wonder had her Maiden Voyage 10 years later. So, the 2023 ship could easily have a character from 10 years before, i.e. from 2013... And what was the 2013 film??? Frozen of course!! :rolleyes1

The big difference I see between Ariel and Elsa is that Ariel is a water character. So, following along these lines, maybe we are more likely to see Nemo as the atrium statue if they want to have one from a newer film.

But, Ariel in the Wonder is not a classic character. Or at least was not one when the Wonder was designed. The Little Mermaid was in the cinemas in 1989, the Wonder had her Maiden Voyage 10 years later. So, the 2023 ship could easily have a character from 10 years before, i.e. from 2013... And what was the 2013 film??? Frozen of course!! :rolleyes1

The big difference I see between Ariel and Elsa is that Ariel is a water character. So, following along these lines, maybe we are more likely to see Nemo as the atrium statue if they want to have one from a newer film.

One of my favorite things about the Little Mermaid is that that movie brought the faltering Disney animation studios back into the mainstream and on top of their game -- plus it was my daughter's very first movie theater experience (she was 2-1/2). good memories!

Seems like the nays have it and this thread can keep its independence..! ;) Do you guys think the stickies are getting a bit overdone..? I kind of would like an ongoing thread ala the Wonder updates thread but maybe I am going overboard with the stickies hmm...
The current number of stickies is certainly not too much. There was a time that almost half the first page was stickies. I think if you keep them "cleaned out" - as in only have stickies that remain active (no post older than say XX amount of time) you're good.

It's a good suggestion, for example, that the Wonder drydock thread be unstuck once she's out of drydock with all the speculations confirmed or denied.

Also, the "when is 2018 going to be released" thread could go away once it happens.

And so on.

The current number of stickies is certainly not too much. There was a time that almost half the first page was stickies. I think if you keep them "cleaned out" - as in only have stickies that remain active (no post older than say XX amount of time) you're good.

It's a good suggestion, for example, that the Wonder drydock thread be unstuck once she's out of drydock with all the speculations confirmed or denied.

Also, the "when is 2018 going to be released" thread could go away once it happens.

And so on.

So maybe eventually this thread could become a sticky and stay current? :duck:

So maybe eventually this thread could become a sticky and stay current? :duck:

Yes, that is what my suggestion was. Until then @AquaDame could move any other new thread popping up into this one, so this one would get bumped up.

It is still another 5 years until we see the first new ship anyway...

I have an idea for the atrium statues. For 1 new ship, Walt Disney, and the other Roy. Without the 2 of them, Disney as we know it wouldn't exist.

Brilliant! Especially Walt since he and his wife loved to cruise and there are many pictures onboard showing that.

Depends. I'm planning on doing scuba instruction after I retire for play money.

Sounds like a good plan. I don't plan to be fully retired -- I will want a part-time job to keep busy and social. I'll just take my current library experience and expand to a local library part-time.

I would love for one of the new restaurants to be based on Snow White (German cottage decor, apples, Windows with scenes of the movie).

I could also see a formal dining room having an ice palace motif (I am SO over frozen) but there could be a way to do it more subtly (like tritons and royal palace aren't you too heavy on the theming).

I would also love a restaurant to have more of a pirate ship theme (wooden galley and all that).

I would love for one of the new restaurants to be based on Snow White (German cottage decor, apples, Windows with scenes of the movie).

I could also see a formal dining room having an ice palace motif (I am SO over frozen) but there could be a way to do it more subtly (like tritons and royal palace aren't you too heavy on the theming).

I would also love a restaurant to have more of a pirate ship theme (wooden galley and all that).

Great ideas! I feel like a pirate theme would work really well for one of the bars in the adult area.

All these are great ideas. Like Captain Henry said on our recent Dream cruise - send those suggestions in to DCL, they really listen.

DISNEY MAGIC, DISNEY WONDER, DISNEY FANTASY, DISNEY DREAM

DISNEY LAND, DISNEY WORLD

Of course The Disney Land would be Pacific Ocean cruising berthed in Ca. with The Disney World being Atlantic Ocean cruising berthed in Fl. A unique cruise would have each ship leaving port for an around the world sailing meeting up at some point for a Magical-Wonderful-Fantasy-Dream filled Celebration of epic proportion.

Last edited:
Disney Legacy is by far my favorite of the names. The Believe makes sense but it doesn't really sound like a "noun" to me, you know? I would have put my money on the Disney Enchantment if that name wasn't taken by RC. Edit: reading through I see using names other lines have already used isn't uncommon! In that case, I vote Legacy and Enchantment!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter