• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Hollywood Studios Name Survey

I'm agreement with many, as these potential park names are not terribly exciting or amazing. But, if I HAD to go with a choice...I think I would go:
1. Disney Cinemagic Park
2. Disney Cinemagine Park
3. Disney Storyverse Park *though this option is a DISTANT DISTANT DISTANT third.

In regards to a name not on the list...while I don't have any idea what a good name would be, I like the idea of merging adventure into it. That being said i actually do kinda like: Disney Hollywood Adventure (simple change and right to the point)

As for names that I could think of...I came up with:
Disney Cine-Venture Park
Disney Cine-Fantasy Park
Disney Film Fantasy Park
Disney Scene-sational Park
Disney Adventure-scene Park

In trying to come up with names, I tried to come up with some that sounded good/ok saying out loud.

They could always go with: Disney Imagination/Screen/Cinema/Media Kingdom. After all...you already have Magic/Animal...what's wrong with another kingdom? :)

Whatever the final name change will be...it's going to be interesting to see how the public responds.

Perhaps we could keep this going? If none of the listings were your cup of tea, and Hollywood Adventure were off the table, come up with a potential Disney Park name for DHS. I'm curious to see what we can come up with. :)

The options are terrible! I really hope that these are a joke that was picked up by someone thinking it was true.

Kaleidoscope- why????? No one will ever be able to spell it.

Storyverse- why?? I understand the converging of multiple stories and characters, but no.

Beyond- Beyond what? Reasonable names?

XL- are we supposed to guess what this is in reference too?

I agree with the previous poster who suggested "Disney's Hollywood Adventure". Makes more sense and is understandable by all guests.

Maybe XL is in reference to that Magic Mike movie... LOL, I highly doubt Disney would want to be associated with that.... XL sounds like adult content advertising... NOT Disney appropriate.

Maybe XL is in reference to that Magic Mike movie... LOL, I highly doubt Disney would want to be associated with that.... XL sounds like adult content advertising... NOT Disney appropriate.

Mwahahaha, Mickey on the pole!! LOL!!

You could have also stumbled on the perfect Park name...Disney Appropriate Park. :P

They could always go with: Disney Imagination/Screen/Cinema/Media Kingdom. After all...you already have Magic/Animal...what's wrong with another kingdom? :)

Whatever the final name change will be...it's going to be interesting to see how the public responds.

Perhaps we could keep this going? If none of the listings were your cup of tea, and Hollywood Adventure were off the table, come up with a potential Disney Park name for DHS. I'm curious to see what we can come up with. :)

I agree. I think there should be another "kingdom." I didn't even think of that until you suggested it. Maybe Disney's Adventure Kingdom?

In the end, all of us on the internet are just going to refer to it as a couple of initials anyway so it doesn't really matter.

These names sound like the throwaways from when they were trying to name Disney Quest. Hollywood Studios is a perfectly fine name; why do they think they need to rename it? Just because the literal Backlot aspect is gone does not mean that the idea of highlighting movies is gone. I mean, they are adding lands themed to two of their biggest franchises. Besides, what is a movie set if not a themed land? If they do decide to move forward in the name change, they should at least keep "Hollywood" in the name that way the Hollywood areas make sense and you still carry the notion of movies throughout your park day

Ok, so if I'm coming up with one on my own, maybe "Disney's Mouse-cellaneous Adventure". 8-)
Or maybe "Imagination Kingdom" in keeping with the kingdom themes.

I don't think it *needs* to be a "Kingdom" just because MK and AK are. EPCOT's not a "Kingdom". :confused3

Calling it Hollywood Adventure makes the most sense. They've wanted to drop "Studios" for ages because it's not a working studio anymore. That's fine - I think it's unnecessary, but I get where they're coming from. Now it's all about jumping into these imaginary movie worlds and having fully-immersive adventures. So just name it Hollywood Adventure and call it a day.

Part of me wonders how much of this survey was just because they *did* decide to name it something like Hollywood Adventure, but so many people have been guessing/assuming that's the new name for so long that they wanted to try to throw us off the trail.

I can't believe they keep renaming this park non of the others have gotten a name change

It's probably because this park has seen the greatest number of changes in its history.

Originally it had a working studio on it where you could see live taping of the Mickey Mouse Club, as well as saw more props/stages/ etc of tv and movie memorabilia. All to compete with Universal Studios. As time went on, filming there stopped, sponsorship changes, and the premise shifted slightly resulting in a name change.

I can't believe they keep renaming this park non of the others have gotten a name change

Technically, Disneyland Park in Paris also underwent a name change, from EuroDisney because of the original poor reception and the stigma attached to the name. Epcot also officially dropped the word "Center" from its name.

I feel like California Adventure could also undergo a name change considering how different it is from it's inception.

I definitely think the name should change and I like the MGM suggestion (maybe Mickey's something... ) since I sometimes slip up and call it that anyway :)

They seem to be taking away all of the old favorites that made it like 'old Hollywood', so the name doesn't suit this park anymore imo.

Whatever they rename it, it needs to be something that is able to tie in the themes. Right now, that would be old Hollywood (Tower of Terror, Hollywood and Sunset Blvd., the theater, streetmosphere, etc.), Toy Story, Star Wars, and Disney (with Disney Junior, One Man's Dream/Walt Disney Presents, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid). I feel like that means it needs to have something in the name about movies, films, silver screen, Hollywood, or something similar. Otherwise, it is going to continue to appear to have a major identity crisis.

Before, it seemed to have an identity crisis but really still fit the idea of it being a park that made you feel like you actually ended up entering the television show or movie intentionally or by accident. Tower of Terror in how you become the star, Star Tours where we all join the rebel alliance, Great Movie Ride (RIP) where we entered the movie with Mugsy, becoming an extra in Indy all put you in the show and Streets of America, Sounds Dangerous, and LMA showed behind the scenes stuff of movies. Then you had Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards with the Streetmosphere gang who were actors, talent agents, gossip columnists, etc.in Hollywood as if you were another one of the stars of Tinseltown. It did all make sense if it just had a better name for the park that tied it all in together. Well, that is a better flow (Launch Bay didn't need to be in the middle of Animation Courtyard, for example). Whatever name they come up with, it needs to better explain their vision for this park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter