• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
I wish.....we had planned on skipping our summer trip this year, we have a cruise booked, but I am itching to plan a WDW trip. I miss stalking availability and making ADRs and then cancelling and rebooking and constantly rethinking them....

I can't be the only person who loves the planning part as much as actually being at WDW?!

Oh, I totally love the planning part of the trip!! Gives you something to look forward to!! Hope you plan another trip soon!!!

Hi! We have a trip April 7th-16th at BLT. Excited and hoping it can happen as planned given the current situation going on around the country. :confused3 We're driving so leave in 26 days from South Jersey.

Hi! We have a trip April 7th-16th at BLT. Excited and hoping it can happen as planned given the current situation going on around the country. :confused3 We're driving so leave in 26 days from South Jersey.

We drive too!! Do you stop overnight or go straight through? Hope you have a great trip!!!

We drive too!! Do you stop overnight or go straight through? Hope you have a great trip!!!
Hi! Yes on the way down we stop usually in Georgia. A few times we stopped in Savannah and last summer we stopped in Kingsland GA right before the Florida border. We like doing it that way so were not exhausted on our first day. On the way home we play it by ear depending if we get really tired. Then we will stop over somewhere. If not we just take rests at rest stops. Do you stop overnight?

Hi! Yes on the way down we stop usually in Georgia. A few times we stopped in Savannah and last summer we stopped in Kingsland GA right before the Florida border. We like doing it that way so were not exhausted on our first day. On the way home we play it by ear depending if we get really tired. Then we will stop over somewhere. If not we just take rests at rest stops. Do you stop overnight?

Hi!! Typically, we do the same!!! Georgia is also where we stop on the way down... unless we leave first thing in the morning, then we go straight through!! We have only stopped once on the way home...we wanted to leave later in the day because we had CL, and we were miserable! We wanted to just get home in one shot. We wouldn’t do that again, though, unless we had to.

Have a trip planned Memorial Day week. Hope this Coronavirus is stabilized by then.

I know, I’m happy they are working so hard on trying to get medication and shots available! Let’s hope they’re ready for the public sooner than later. I’d definitely feel better knowing there’s a cure. Trying not to worry, though. Memorial weekend sounds like a great time to go! Hope you have a great time!

We drive now too, have for the last 3 yrs. We leave early in the AM to avoid the traffic in DE, Baltimore and DC areas, usually through Richmond by 8:30am. We have stayed in the Savannah area the last 3 yrs at a Hampton Inn, convenient location, clean rooms, breakfast in am and the best part is only 4 more hours to WDW!!! :wizard:

Question for the group - for those with upcoming trips, anyone considering canceling or rescheduling?

Question for the group - for those with upcoming trips, anyone considering canceling or rescheduling?
My trip is end of May and my points expire end of May so for now we are going since I don’t have a way of getting back those points for now. Should dvc make an official announcement or this get worse I’ll wait it out. The only think I’m considering is renting out the reservation.

My trip is end of May and my points expire end of May so for now we are going since I don’t have a way of getting back those points for now. Should dvc make an official announcement or this get worse I’ll wait it out. The only think I’m considering is renting out the reservation.

Someone posted this on the resort board...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-covid19-update-on-cancelling-within-30-day-window.3796285/

We have 2 upcoming trips, May 26-May 31 at Saratoga Springs, with our son and his wife. It was a booking at 5 months I was happy to find 2 studios. Then August 14-20, going with our daughters and 5 grand-kids to BLT, our home resort.The kids are super excited, but ages 10-13, and old enough to understand the severity of the Coronavirus, so they'd be understanding if we have to reschedule. Fingers crossed it all happens!!

Thank you for sharing! I'm torn at the moment as we're scheduled to check into the Poly on 4/1. I hate the thought of canceling so was curious about others with upcoming trips are thinking of doing. I'm going to see what happens in the next couple of weeks, but based on everything I'm hearing/reading etc., seems like it'll get worse before it gets better. Sooooo, perhaps we'll be rescheduling our visit to Mickey & Minnie!

Hopefully there will be a better handle on things by then and you'll be able to go and have a wonderful time!

We have 2 upcoming trips, May 26-May 31 at Saratoga Springs, with our son and his wife. It was a booking at 5 months I was happy to find 2 studios. Then August 14-20, going with our daughters and 5 grand-kids to BLT, our home resort.The kids are super excited, but ages 10-13, and old enough to understand the severity of the Coronavirus, so they'd be understanding if we have to reschedule. Fingers crossed it all happens!!
Fingers crossed that you can go on the trips and have wonderful memories from both!

Thank you for sharing! I'm torn at the moment as we're scheduled to check into the Poly on 4/1. I hate the thought of canceling so was curious about others with upcoming trips are thinking of doing. I'm going to see what happens in the next couple of weeks, but based on everything I'm hearing/reading etc., seems like it'll get worse before it gets better. Sooooo, perhaps we'll be rescheduling our visit to Mickey & Minnie!

I’m sorry you have to decide this, it must be difficult. I’m not sure what I would do, to be honest. 😕 But I hope either way, you have an amazing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter