• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Is anyone going to either the May or June Moonlight Magic events? I had NO idea we even had one fall on our dates this year!! I don’t even check the party dates anymore because they never fall on our vacation dates! I happened to get an email the night before saying there is one while we are on property! I couldn’t believe it! I had a pretty high number, but luckily was able to get a spot. I am looking forward to our first event!

I work for a school district in Bergen Cty; I just got a call all school districts in the county will be closed for at least 2 weeks.

I work for a school district in Bergen Cty; I just got a call all school districts in the county will be closed for at least 2 weeks.
Thanks for the update! Several schools in Essex County where we are will be moving to "distance learning" from 3/16 - 3/27 and they'll then reassess whether to extend it. I also saw that Disneyland is closing starting on 3/14 through the end of the month. Unfortunately, we canceled our trip but it's for the best until things start to get under control. Thanks again for the update!

Thanks for the update! Several schools in Essex County where we are will be moving to "distance learning" from 3/16 - 3/27 and they'll then reassess whether to extend it. I also saw that Disneyland is closing starting on 3/14 through the end of the month. Unfortunately, we canceled our trip but it's for the best until things start to get under control. Thanks again for the update!

It’s crazy. I’m assuming our kids will be off next week as well. We are hoping to get an announcement today. Things have changed so much since our last big virus outbreak. I don’t remember anything being this drastic. I just hope we can all get back to normal soon. 🤞🏻 We are in double digits for our Disney trip and I’m trying to decide if I should be excited or concerned. ☹️

Yes it is crazy. Of course 24/7 news coverage doesn't help. I know it's good to know what's going on but we don't have all the answers yet and the constant droning on only helps to escalate peoples fears. I hope we get a handle on this real soon so we can all get back to normal.

Sending pixie dust to all of us, we all need to stay calm, wash our hands for 20 seconds minimum and often, and I'm sure you all know the rest. Keep healthy everyone. pixiedust:

My family all live in Burlington County, the Board of Health for BC decided late Friday that all schools in BC will be closed until 4/20/20. It appears that every other county NJ who have taken this type of action are only closing schools for two weeks. I'm not sure why BC has decided to close the schools for five weeks or how they plan on the students to make up that time lost on their educations. I'm waiting to hear more details how this will be handled but I have to say I am very concerned for the time lost on school lessons. I hope they don't just plan to excuse this time, if they do how will the students be ready for the following year? Concerned grandparent in Burlington County, NJ.

My family all live in Burlington County, the Board of Health for BC decided late Friday that all schools in BC will be closed until 4/20/20. It appears that every other county NJ who have taken this type of action are only closing schools for two weeks. I'm not sure why BC has decided to close the schools for five weeks or how they plan on the students to make up that time lost on their educations. I'm waiting to hear more details how this will be handled but I have to say I am very concerned for the time lost on school lessons. I hope they don't just plan to excuse this time, if they do how will the students be ready for the following year? Concerned grandparent in Burlington County, NJ.
Hi, we are in Gloucester County and all of our schools are now closed for a minimum of 2 weeks until March 30th. However we are doing "remote learning" so they say it will count towards the 180 days. So, tomorrow starts our remote learning. We shall see how this works out:confused3 Hopefully Burlington Co. Is doing the same so as to not have to extend school longer at the end??? I personally think for us March 30th will get extended as well.

Bergen and Passaic County schools are also closed. This is just crazy. Governor considering putting a curfew on NJ next.

That should be interesting. I wonder how that would work. Personally I think people are panicking. I understand we all need to be careful and do the things we can to protect ourselves but I think this is being over reported causing panic in the general public. I will be glad when this has passed and we all get back to normal. Keeping my fingers this will happen soon. 🤞

It’s crazy. I’m assuming our kids will be off next week as well. We are hoping to get an announcement today. Things have changed so much since our last big virus outbreak. I don’t remember anything being this drastic. I just hope we can all get back to normal soon. 🤞🏻 We are in double digits for our Disney trip and I’m trying to decide if I should be excited or concerned. ☹
Aww I know how you feel. We are (were) at 23 days.:sad: I know in my heart it's never opening up in the beginning of April so our trip will be cancelled but we most likely won't call to deal with this til later in the month. We were so looking forward to it but hopefully we will reschedule for summer or whatever. :scared::sad1: Hopefully yours will be safe enough of a time away for it to be ok.

Bergen Cty has stated min two weeks but the administration on our district is preparing for longer. I’m in the business office of the district and we were told district is remaining open only schools closed. So at least I know our district will continue teaching until things go back to normal. Not sure if all towns are able or prepared for distance learning

So apparently a curfew has just been placed in Hoboken from 10PM to 5AM. Two days ago in Jersey City same times. Crazy time!

I know this is all for the good of curbing the spread of this terrible virus but it's like being quarantined whether you have the virus or not. I guess the thing is you can have and not know it and potentially spread it to other unsuspecting people. My neighbor called me on Sunday, she was leaving church and headed to the store. She wanted to know if we needed anything, we didn't as we always go the store on Monday. I texted her on Monday to say we were headed out to the store if she needed anything. She texted back that she and her daughter were on lock down for 14 days because a co-worker had the virus. She doesn't know if she has it or not but quarantined just incase. Goes to show you never know who might have it or who you might be giving it to you...so I guess this makes it clearer to me why we should stay home as much as possible and limit who we see in person.

I sincerely hope all of you a keep well and that none of us gets this terrible virus. I have confidence in our elected officials that they are doing everything they can to get this under control as soon as possible. This too shall pass. :wizard:

I know this is all for the good of curbing the spread of this terrible virus but it's like being quarantined whether you have the virus or not. I guess the thing is you can have and not know it and potentially spread it to other unsuspecting people. My neighbor called me on Sunday, she was leaving church and headed to the store. She wanted to know if we needed anything, we didn't as we always go the store on Monday. I texted her on Monday to say we were headed out to the store if she needed anything. She texted back that she and her daughter were on lock down for 14 days because a co-worker had the virus. She doesn't know if she has it or not but quarantined just incase. Goes to show you never know who might have it or who you might be giving it to you...so I guess this makes it clearer to me why we should stay home as much as possible and limit who we see in person.

I sincerely hope all of you a keep well and that none of us gets this terrible virus. I have confidence in our elected officials that they are doing everything they can to get this under control as soon as possible. This too shall pass. :wizard:

Wow, thankfully you didn’t have her get you anything at the store! It is scary, but I too agree, I trust what’s being done by our officials. Let’s just hope things start looking up soon! Stay healthy!

By Chris Franklin | For NJ.com
Cape May County Freeholder Director Gerald Thornton wants visitors from outside of the county to stay away for at least two weeks.
People from outside of Cape May County have been traveling to their Shore homes, Thornton told NJ Advance Media Tuesday. Some have come from areas where patients have been diagnosed with coronavirus.

The Freeholder Director said the additional people in the county had impacted the number of supplies at supermarkets and the number of people calling to have the water turned on in their second homes.
If the visitors were to bring coronavirus to Cape May County, Thronton said he doesn’t want to place a strain on the medical system. The county only has one hospital, Cape Regional Medical Center. With one facility, Thornton said he is concerned for the senior citizen community who he says makes up 25% of the county’s population.
“Suddenly we are seeing these large numbers coming here that we plan for an our summer season,” Thronton stated. "At this point in time, our county health department is really concerned about what’s happening.”
Cape May is one of the six remaining counties in the state that has not reported a case of coronavirus. Thornton said that there are 11 people in the county who are being tested for the virus, but he has not received any news that the test have come back positive.

By Chris Franklin | For NJ.com
Cape May County Freeholder Director Gerald Thornton wants visitors from outside of the county to stay away for at least two weeks.
People from outside of Cape May County have been traveling to their Shore homes, Thornton told NJ Advance Media Tuesday. Some have come from areas where patients have been diagnosed with coronavirus.

The Freeholder Director said the additional people in the county had impacted the number of supplies at supermarkets and the number of people calling to have the water turned on in their second homes.
If the visitors were to bring coronavirus to Cape May County, Thronton said he doesn’t want to place a strain on the medical system. The county only has one hospital, Cape Regional Medical Center. With one facility, Thornton said he is concerned for the senior citizen community who he says makes up 25% of the county’s population.
“Suddenly we are seeing these large numbers coming here that we plan for an our summer season,” Thronton stated. "At this point in time, our county health department is really concerned about what’s happening.”
Cape May is one of the six remaining counties in the state that has not reported a case of coronavirus. Thornton said that there are 11 people in the county who are being tested for the virus, but he has not received any news that the test have come back positive.
Thank you for sharing! I wonder if we'll see more of this in the coming days. While no one knows exactly how many cases there are given the relatively low number of tests performed, I was just looking at a dashboard on the Dept. of Health's website (https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_dashboard.shtml) and there's a huge disparity in the number of confirmed cases between counties. I don't know how this would actually be enforced, but I can see those with few or no cases wanting to restrict people from other counties entering.

I also wonder whether we'll eventually see more restrictions coming. I'm in Essex County and ran to the grocery store earlier and was actually shocked at how many people were there. Maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised, but I realized how unsafe it was standing in line in such close proximity to others etc. While waiting, I was starting to think about what could be done....will they eventually say when certain groups can go to the store, or do it based on where your last name falls on the alphabet, or odd/even number of your house, etc. Again, no idea how any of this could be enforced, but it was a bit crazy so I'm curious to see what happens in the coming weeks. Thanks again for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter