New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Flight went pretty well, I felt mostly safe through most of the process, of course you always have morons that think the rules don’t apply to them.

Got into Epcot for a few hours tonight to hit some food booths, crowds are way down from what I expected them to be. Most folks are following the distancing and mask guidelines and the crowds are low enough to avoid most of the morons that aren’t. I probably have about a half a day left of suffering morons invading my personal space before I let a little Jersey shine through.
:rotfl2:

LOL, hoping you don't have to go Jersey on anyone! Enjoy your trip, can't wait to hear all about it. :tink:

Welcome aboard! Glad you found this thread, the more the merrier, :thumbsup2

DH and I tried the pumpkin muffins from DD yesterday and I agree they are yummy! :cutie:

Yay!! So happy you liked them!!! We actually got them Friday!! So good! 😋

Flight went pretty well, I felt mostly safe through most of the process, of course you always have morons that think the rules don’t apply to them.

Got into Epcot for a few hours tonight to hit some food booths, crowds are way down from what I expected them to be. Most folks are following the distancing and mask guidelines and the crowds are low enough to avoid most of the morons that aren’t. I probably have about a half a day left of suffering morons invading my personal space before I let a little Jersey shine through.
:rotfl2:
Tell about the food, please!

We currently have our 1st trip booked Dec 11 to 17. Debating on best options for getting there. We have always flown in the past. I was ready to book flights on JetBlue but hearing that they will go back to filling planes (as before Covid) in mid October. Curious to hear of anyone’s flying experiences recently and/or driving from central Jersey.

We drive now since we are both retired. We live in Burlington Co, we get on the road early Saturday morning (3:45/4AM) to avoid traffic. We are usually through Richmond VA by 8:30AM. The last three years we stopped in Savannah GA, stayed at a Hampton Inn, this leg of the trip takes about 12 hours and long enough for us. The next morning we are back on the road by 7:30/8AM and have about another 4 hours ahead of us to make it to WDW. That being said I know there are people who drive straight through but because we are retired we don't have to do that. The drive is pretty easy, not much traffic when we travel. Also when we get off 95 to go west towards WDW we take the toll road rather than Rte 4, the traffic is crazy on Rte 4 and the last time we were on it there was major construction being done. We would much rather pay the toll and not deal with all the other crazy drivers and all that stress.

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your trip to WDW. Enjoy all the beautiful decorations! :tink:

Thats when having a 6 year old girl comes in very handy! She is ALWAYS willing to engage in some faux dramatics with me!

Cant wait to hear about your trip. I was soooo close to going for a quick trip but chickened out.

We too slept with windows open last night. First time in well over a month, the last time was 7/24. I know this because its the day I got my new ac for the bedroom area of our house. It was really nice to hear all the noise from all the outside critters. ::yes::

My wife called it that last night, I told her to stop being a drama queen, you’ll be back in 39 days, so naturally I didn’t want to contradict myself this morning and be a drama queen. :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about your trip. :cutie:

OK, my take on visiting WDW in these strange times...

Airline travel seems to be hit or miss, I felt pretty safe traveling down but the return trip felt completely different with more people seeming to be comfortable not wearing a mask in proximity to other folks both in the airport and on the plane. The plane down the middle seats were left open, the plane home appeared to be mostly sold out with no empty middle seat. That was my flight experience on Spirit out of ACY, your mileage may vary.

WDW itself has done a terrific job of handling the social distancing, cleanliness side of things. Masks weren’t as bad as I thought they would be, not comfortable but not the deal breaker I was anticipating. I felt almost completely safe for most of the trip, with crowd levels being low enough that you can social distance for the most part yourself from those not concerned about such things. I said most of the trip because Saturday in Epcot was a completely different story I suspect because of it being the weekend. Crowds were much larger and there was an abundance of morons not following the guidelines. I surprisingly kept “Little Jersey” at bay all week, until Saturday. On Saturday, I became my mother, and if it crossed my mind, it came out of my mouth. :rotfl2:
I actually said to my wife, I don’t want to be here and we left. Full disclosure I have underlying medical conditions where I probably wouldn’t survive the Rona so I may be over sensitive to these things. Enough of the doom and gloom.

All in all we had a great trip, crowd levels were mostly non-existent, the longest wait time for any ride was 40 minutes but most of the wait times are overestimated by half. If you’re comfortable going down I would highly recommend it. A lot of the “Magic” isn’t there right now (parades, fireworks, ect) and a lot of places aren’t opened yet but it isn’t a bad trip, it’s just different. If I knew last week, what I know now, I would still choose to go.

I didn’t get to as many F&W booths as I would have like due to weather and crowds on Saturday but my review:

Gourmet Mac & Cheese was delicious will definitely get it again.
Lobster Mac & Cheese was delicious will definitely get it again.
Seafood Fisherman’s Pie My wife loved it would definitely get it again.
Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi was delicious will definitely get it again.
Nitro cake pops were OK, probably one and done
Onion Goat Cheese tart in France was delicious will definitely get it again.
Piri Piri Skewered Shrimp with Citrus-scented Couscous was delicious will definitely get it again.
Southern Seafood Boil My wife loved it would definitely get it again. Learn to eat a crawfish first, Yankees.:rotfl2:
Beef Kefta Pocket with Caramelized Onions was delicious will definitely get it again.
Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread were horrible, it was a texture thing, I named them booger biscuits, nuff said:rotfl2:
So much more I wanted to try, there’s always October

WDW firsts
First time staying at BWV, loved it even at its limited current offerings. I could live on Pizza Window pizza. LOL
1st time on Flight of Passage, and 2nd and 3rd. LOL
1st time I didn’t want to ride Expedition Everest a 2nd time :rotfl2:
1st time at Flame Tree Barbeque, Delicious
1st time on Alien Swirling Saucers
1st time on Smugglers Run
1st time on Minnie and Mickey’s runaway railway
1st time at Hollywood Brown Derby, delicious
1st time on Frozen
1st time on Finding Nemo
1st time watching Amazing Planet
1st time watching American Adventures
1st time at Coral Reef Restaurant, delicious and beautiful views

I think this is the longest post I’ve ever put on the Internet. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter